MAROTH4MVP

Detroit Vs Tampa Bay 1pm (est)

I will never understand why people let commercials bother them, who cares?  Furthermore, who watches commercials anyway?  I either change the channel during a commercial or find something else to do. The only time I watch commercials is during the Superbowl but otherwise, it's just background noise to me.

2 hours ago, NYLion said:

I will never understand why people let commercials bother them, who cares?  Furthermore, who watches commercials anyway?  I either change the channel during a commercial or find something else to do. The only time I watch commercials is during the Superbowl but otherwise, it's just background noise to me.

my mute button asks. "What's a commercial?"

2 hours ago, NYLion said:

Bit of off topic...  was in Sydney, AU all last week (work). Watched a total of 7 NRL games, including 2 back-to-back (it's surprisingly addictive). Many were pre-recorded, but in Australia there's *always* a rugby game on TV.

Non. Stop. Action. Some pretty frightful collisions. Saw two guys knocked out in one game – one from a hard knee square on the temple. I honestly thought the dude was dead. And they leave these guys laying on the field – they don't stop play. Both players were back on the field after a short sideline rest. No concussion protocol. The only commercial break? Halftime. Other than that, commercial free from start to end.

I can see why some think the NFL is excruciatingly slow with a lot of standing around. It actually is. Throw in an insane number of commercial breaks, and it's become almost unwatchable

Commercials don't really bother me at all. What bothers me is the ridiculous rule book. Not a play happens where you don't wait for the flag, they can't agree on what a catch is, & replay is excruciating.

20 hours ago, number20 said:

Bit of off topic...  was in Sydney, AU all last week (work). Watched a total of 7 NRL games, including 2 back-to-back (it's surprisingly addictive). Many were pre-recorded, but in Australia there's *always* a rugby game on TV.

Non. Stop. Action. Some pretty frightful collisions. Saw two guys knocked out in one game – one from a hard knee square on the temple. I honestly thought the dude was dead. And they leave these guys laying on the field – they don't stop play. Both players were back on the field after a short sideline rest. No concussion protocol. The only commercial break? Halftime. Other than that, commercial free from start to end.

I can see why some think the NFL is excruciatingly slow with a lot of standing around. It actually is. Throw in an insane number of commercial breaks, and it's become almost unwatchable

all american sports are very slow.  especially baseball.

3 hours ago, Buddha said:

all american sports are very slow.  especially baseball.

True, but nothing comes as close to breathing pure chloroform as watching cricket. That's like watching grass grow. Literally. With cricket players in the way