LooseGoose

2018/2019 Basketball Season

18 hours ago, LooseGoose said:

you know, M and MSU are going to split and Purdue is going to end up taking the conference. MSU's other two game are easier than M's but State has split with Purdue. M has the head to head against them but has to play Maryland on the road which is going to be a tough go.

16 hours ago, Gehringer_2 said:

you know, M and MSU are going to split and Purdue is going to end up taking the conference. MSU's other two game are easier than M's but State has split with Purdue. M has the head to head against them but has to play Maryland on the road which is going to be a tough go.

I think Purdue will stumble on the road...we'll see.

Michigan State at Michigan: Who has the edge?

Michigan is talented as a group, but they don't have anyone who is really individually reliable, so they can always be beaten when they can't figure out who on the team can make a shot on a given day. They also seem to get lazy about working dribble penetration, and when they give that up, the offense stagnates. So as they found out against PSU, they can lose to anyone as easily as beat anyone.

9 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

Michigan is talented as a group, but they don't have anyone who is really individually reliable, so they can always be beaten when they can't figure out who on the team can make a shot on a given day. They also seem to get lazy about working dribble penetration, and when they give that up, the offense stagnates. So as they found out against PSU, they can lose to anyone as easily as beat anyone.

As usual it'll come down to Winston/Simpson.   So far it seems Simpson does better than anyone else in the B1GTen in shutting Winston down or getting him off his game.   If that continues, we're doomed.

This is kind of a funny game for me to watch - I think B____________ is a great guy and one of the top 5 coaches in the country.  I love Simpson and wish he were a Spartan.   Matthews and Brazeikas on the other hand......lol.....

Either way....I could see a UM blowout or a close game.   I think a Spartan blowout is extremely unlikely.  If UM hits a few early 3's then watch out.

Well that was a good game.    Tidbit.....if the Spartans can win their next 2 they'll be playing for Izzo's 600th win and a B1GTen title in East Lansing.

10 hours ago, Gehringer_2 said:

ooops. 

At least it wasn't PSU.

lol, it's wild that this would be the season they get swept by IU.

51 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

Hope lives. Minny up on Purdue by 7 early in the 2nd half.

And now it's for at least a share of the title.

13 minutes ago, LooseGoose said:

And now it's for at least a share of the title.

Purdue losses to NW, UM/MSU game is for outright title.

Purdue beats NW, MSU/UM winner ties them, though UM beat them in a single meeting whereas MSU split. B1G says that still a co-championship though doesn't it?

8 hours ago, Gehringer_2 said:

Purdue losses to NW, UM/MSU game is for outright title.

Purdue beats NW, MSU/UM winner ties them, though UM beat them in a single meeting whereas MSU split. B1G says that still a co-championship though doesn't it?

The B1GTen goes purely by record on that so if Purdue wins they clinch a co- with the winner of the MSU/UM game.