AlaskanTigersFan

Braves Prospects

It's really complicated, so I don't think they will touch any of the talent.  They have spent their international wad for 2017, and are rumored in on 2 high profile players for next year, so they will probably pass.  The Tigers usually prefer quantity over price anyways, so I don't see them going after big ticket Maitan.  His prospect value has slipped some since he's turned pro, and he's headed to a position change from SS.

Also, according to this article from Fangraphs, most of the players have lost value since turning pro.

https://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/author/elongenhagen/

5 hours ago, cruzer1 said:

It's really complicated, so I don't think they will touch any of the talent.  They have spent their international wad for 2017, and are rumored in on 2 high profile players for next year, so they will probably pass.  The Tigers usually prefer quantity over price anyways, so I don't see them going after big ticket Maitan.  His prospect value has slipped some since he's turned pro, and he's headed to a position change from SS.

Also, according to this article from Fangraphs, most of the players have lost value since turning pro.

https://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/author/elongenhagen/

re:Maitan: Yup - one of many risks in getting too excited about 15-16 yr olds is that the genes may be there to drive the adult body into a very different conformation than the teen-age one.  Not all that common but it does happen. When I first saw him I had wondered if Trout would suffer that kind of fate as he looked like he might have one of those body types that would go too 'thick' as he matured, but it didn't happen, or at least not yet!