RedRamage

Wk 12: Vikings vs. Lions: 12:30

38 minutes ago, Shelton said:

Of course you would. That’s not the point. That predicted result based on comparing winning percentages of the Vikings and their opponents is not remotely reasonable, and that’s not taking it too far. That would mean that the Vikings go 6-0 to finish the season. The odds of that happening are no higher than 5%.

Is it possible? Of course. It that reasonable? Of course not. 

Saying that a winning percentage comparison shows favor to the team with the higher percentage doesn't mean that I expect them to win every game from here on out.  I'm not predicting 6-0 for them the rest of the way... I'm saying that because the Vikings have the higher winning percentage (right now, obviously lots of factors to come) shows that they are most likely a better team than the teams they are facing in the remainder for their schedule.

Cleveland had a much higher winning percentage than the Tigers this past year, so I would expect that they would be favored in each game they play.  Does this mean I expect 19-0 between Cle-Det?  Of course not.  I mean in each game I'm going to start with the assumption that Cleveland is the better team and then start bringing in other factors.

All things being equal, on a neutral field, I think winning percentage 10 games into the NFL season is a reasonably decent predictor.

(Obviously there are plenty of conditions, caveats, outlayers, etc, etc, etc... which effect things, including but not limited too:

• Injuries
  • home field advantage
  • weather conditions
  • a team getting hot or going cold
  • a team getting very luck or unlock earlier in the season
  • a team facing an unusually rough or each part of their schedule early
  • a key player coming back from injury
  • suspension of a player)

On 11/20/2017 at 11:07 AM, lordstanley said:

In all seriousness though, as a Canadian I do try to double dip on holidays. Most years we spend Thanksgiving weekend in Seattle. And the fact that I'm self-employed and that my business partner is originally from Texas makes it easy to slip out for a bit on Thursday. Going to school on Thanksgiving in Sarnia growing up even made for a few memories growing up. Watching the Lions blowout of the Steelers in a packed high school library sometime in the early 80s and, on the flipside, walking home from school late in regulation one year only to walk in the door of our home as the Bears were returning the OT kickoff for a touchdown.

Canada doesn't have Thanksgiving or Christmas. They ate all the reindeer.

Thorton cut for being a dumpster fire since his return. There is a DT on the practice squad Christian Ringo. I assume he is the replacement. Played 8 games for Green Bay (FTP) in 2016 with 2 tkls and a forced fumble.

Lions could always sign someone else. Paul Soliai interest me because he is 345 pounds.

Riddick against the Bears averaged twice as many yards per carry as Abdullah. Abdullah had 11 carries and a staggering 7 of them were for no gain or negative yards. Riddick had 9 carries and only had one such carry that was no gain or negative yards. I don't think this is all the offensive line. At this point, Abdullah needs to sit. Surprised Zenner hasn't gotten more carries. 

1 hour ago, Motown Bombers said:

Riddick against the Bears averaged twice as many yards per carry as Abdullah. Abdullah had 11 carries and a staggering 7 of them were for no gain or negative yards. Riddick had 9 carries and only had one such carry that was no gain or negative yards. I don't think this is all the offensive line. At this point, Abdullah needs to sit. Surprised Zenner hasn't gotten more carries. 

I like Zenner's style of running better. Is the problem with the running game poorly designed plays, players unable to execute or just poor play calling? It really feels like when the Lions run, it's just giving a play away.

11 hours ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Tion Green obviously doesn't have much to offer or we would have seen him already. 

Anything different at this point couldn't hurt. AA is not getting it done. 

Zenner is slow. Would like to see Tion Green get activated and pick up a few reps, but this staff seems to work in young players slowly.

10 hours ago, Jason_R said:

Zenner is slow. Would like to see Tion Green get activated and pick up a few reps, but this staff seems to work in young players slowly.

Green is slower

Green is slower

True. I guess speed doesn’t matter if Zenner (or Washington) can’t find a hole to run through.

11 hours ago, Jason_R said:

I don't think he's that slow, he hits the holes fast enough, it's just that he's a straight north south runner so he'll never break a long run.  He's the type of back who is entirely dependent on the offensive line creating holes and with the O-Line finally healthy, I think he should get more looks. 

Abdullah just isn't getting it done and looks like a prime candidate to get cut after the season sadly and I say sadly because he has so much more ability than he's actually showing. I guess it's just a matter of him lacking instinct which isn't something that can be fixed.

12 hours ago, Sports_Freak said:

I like Zenner's style of running better. Is the problem with the running game poorly designed plays, players unable to execute or just poor play calling? It really feels like when the Lions run, it's just giving a play away.

Riddick averaged 4 yards per carry. Abdullah averaged 2 yards per carry and only had two more carries. He had a lot of plays of no gain or negative yardage. I think a lot has to do with the back. Zenner may not be special but he showed he was an effective runner at the end of last season. No is asking him to be the feature back but he should at this point be taking carries away from Abdullah. 

abdullah looks like a third down back....except we already have a better third down back in riddick.

zenner looks to be the better blocker, but not much of a runner.

here's hoping freeney finds the fountain of youth and can give the lions some pass rush.  lord knows they need it.

Watching Freeney this season, I was surprised to see that he had some gas left in the tank so this is a good pickup.  It's possible that he gives the Lions nothing but it can't hurt to take a shot.

He has not tweeted in over an hour, so I’m interpreting that to mean he is on a private jet to Detroit. Will it be a Thanksgiving miracle?

Edit: http://

• Like 1