RedRamage

Wk 12: Vikings vs. Lions: 12:30

1 hour ago, Nastradamus said:

4/5 teams we've lost to lead their division. The other was in the SB last year. 

Saints, Vikings, Steelers -- I only count 3

Carolina and Atlanta are wild card teams right now.

The Lions are pretty much done.  The only outside chance is if they win out and go 11-5.  So, basically, they are done.  The Lions lose head-to-head tiebreakers against the 3 teams they're chasing:  New Orleans, Carolina, Atlanta. Upcoming schedules:

NEW ORLEANS (8-3):  Panthers, @ Falcons, Jets, Falcons, @ TB  Prediction: 12-4

CAROLINA (8-3): @ Saints, Vikings, GB, TB, @ Falcons  Prediction:  11-5

ATLANTA (7-4):  Vikings, Saints, @TB, @Saints, Panthers  Prediction: 11-5

SEATTLE (7-4): Eagles, @ Jax, Rams, @ Dallas, Cardinals  10-6

The game against the Vikings was the season.  Start preparing your draft boards and looking forward to season #5 with Jim Caldwell at the helm.  I guess 4 seasons without a playoff win is acceptable to the Ford family.  Considering they only have 1 playoff game win in 61 years, that probably seems reasonable to them.

25 minutes ago, azzurri said:

The Lions are pretty much done.  The only outside chance is if they win out and go 11-5.  So, basically, they are done.  The Lions lose head-to-head tiebreakers against the 3 teams they're chasing:  New Orleans, Carolina, Atlanta. Upcoming schedules:

NEW ORLEANS (8-3):  Panthers, @ Falcons, Jets, Falcons, @ TB  Prediction: 12-4

CAROLINA (8-3): @ Saints, Vikings, GB, TB, @ Falcons  Prediction:  11-5

ATLANTA (7-4):  Vikings, Saints, @TB, @Saints, Panthers  Prediction: 11-5

SEATTLE (7-4): Eagles, @ Jax, Rams, @ Dallas, Cardinals  10-6

The game against the Vikings was the season.  Start preparing your draft boards and looking forward to season #5 with Jim Caldwell at the helm.  I guess 4 seasons without a playoff win is acceptable to the Ford family.  Considering they only have 1 playoff game win in 61 years, that probably seems reasonable to them.

If the lions go 4-1 with the loss coming against the ravens or bengals, they are approximately a 75% of making the playoffs at 10-6.

You probably hope that New Orleans or Carolina win the south and the other one takes the first wild card by beating Atlanta. Then it’s basically a three team race with Seattle and Atlanta. So we need Atlanta to end up at 9-7. Maybe we get the tiebreak over Seattle or just hope they go 9-7. Atlanta has four tough games ahead so them going 2-3 down the stretch is quite possible. 

If the lions go 4-1 and lose to an nfc team that will hurt them in a tiebreak with Seattle. 

The SOL ending is having Aa-Rod come back for Week 17 and toasting is in his return, finishing 10-6, and losing a tiebreak to Atlanta by virtue of the debacle of an overturned TD and ten-second runoff of an eight-second clock. If I were a betting man, that’s the ending I’d put my money on.

I don’t think 10-6 is going to do it. But they have ten days for Stafford’s ankle to heal, for Cooter to try to figure out how to move the ball on the ground, and for Freeney to rep with the pass rush team.

Just win the games. 11-5 or bust.

Caldwell, on the Lions' slow starts:

"It's all coaching," Caldwell said. "It's all coaching. It's never anything else other than coaching. It's our job to get them going. It's not on the players' job. It's our job."

"But it's something we've got to get straightened away. We got to start better, and that's something you work at. You got to tinker, you look at some different options, and you go ahead and get that done. But we're not where we need to be in that particular area."

"It's not like it's just happened this year," he said. "We've been up and down in those areas for quite some time. It's always something we're adjusting and trying to get a little bit better at all the time. We've certainly got to do so this week as well." 

Shoot me if I have to hear a 5th season of these sort of Monday morning press conferences.  Always "cleaning up" this or that, and nothing ever changes.