Whatever caused Barrett to get hurt, nothing he experienced was more than painful than trying to follow the game on radio with Brandstatter on PBP when I needed to step out for 45 minutes. That 3rd and 13 in the 3rd shortly after Barrett left, when the Buckeyes had it near midfield down 20-14? I knew that a pass was completed, and it was strongly implied that it was long enough for a 1st down, but it was a good 90 seconds before I was informed where on the field the Buckeyes would have it after the injured Michigan defenders got up.

14 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

Whatever caused Barrett to get hurt, nothing he experienced was more than painful than trying to follow the game on radio with Brandstatter on PBP when I needed to step out for 45 minutes. That 3rd and 13 in the 3rd shortly after Barrett left, when the Buckeyes had it near midfield down 20-14? I knew that a pass was completed, and it was strongly implied that it was long enough for a 1st down, but it was a good 90 seconds before I was informed where on the field the Buckeyes would have it after the injured Michigan defenders got up.

He's a good color guy but not good at PBP at all. 

17 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

This is like what happened to Keith on Good Times.    Thelma started dating that star running back and he was going to the NFL and it was their ticket out of the ghetto and they were getting married and as they walked down the aisle JJ knelt down to take pictures and caught Keith in the knee, causing a serious injury and ruining his shot at the NFL.   This is almost exactly the same.  

That is just too darn funny.

Urban Meyer is going to end up like sweater vest one day. I just have a feeling. 

18 hours ago, Buddha said:

ohio state has never overcome a 14 point deficit to beat michigan.

That shocked me.

18 hours ago, stanpapi said:

how the **** do you get an extra point blocked in college

It was blocked by one of the officials that had money on the game.  Go check the replay again.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ROMAD1 said:

OSU fan should wonder why Barret was playing

So, now that the story is out, I do wonder, not necessarily why he was playing, but why he ran the ball so damn much early on.  I don't know, it sounds like this is something that pops in and out I guess?  And it must have been popped out of place slightly before the game and then fully out of place on that seemingly innocent play?  It seems fluky.  I don't pretend to think Barrett wasn't hurt.  It just didn't look like anything there should have hurt him.  Odd looking, but whatever.

But, for as much criticism as Barrett has received as a QB, some of the play calling this season has been pretty mysterious.  He can be erratic at times, he can make bad reds.  I think he is just a polarizing QB that is capable of playing to extremes.  Someone said something about he and O'Korn having similar NFL careers.  I can see Barrett being drafted, but I don't think he'll do much of anything there.  3rd QB, might bounce around to a couple of teams in that capacity, might find his way into a few games, and that's it.  Or some homeless guy tells the Browns to draft him.

3 minutes ago, Casimir said:

So, now that the story is out, I do wonder, not necessarily why he was playing, but why he ran the ball so damn much early on.  I don't know, it sounds like this is something that pops in and out I guess?  And it must have been popped out of place slightly before the game and then fully out of place on that seemingly innocent play?  It seems fluky.  I don't pretend to think Barrett wasn't hurt.  It just didn't look like anything there should have hurt him.  Odd looking, but whatever.

But, for as much criticism as Barrett has received as a QB, some of the play calling this season has been pretty mysterious.  He can be erratic at times, he can make bad reds.  I think he is just a polarizing QB that is capable of playing to extremes.  Someone said something about he and O'Korn having similar NFL careers.  I can see Barrett being drafted, but I don't think he'll do much of anything there.  3rd QB, might bounce around to a couple of teams in that capacity, might find his way into a few games, and that's it.  Or some homeless guy tells the Browns to draft him.

JOK and NFL career

Is John O'Korn their accountant or something? 

Ohio State fans are spoiled to the Nth degree if they are complaining about Barret’s play. They are in the midst of a golden age in their program. 

12 minutes ago, Euphdude said:

Ohio State fans are spoiled to the Nth degree if they are complaining about Barret’s play. They are in the midst of a golden age in their program. 

I can see how it might look coming from a Michigan fan, but to be fair, Michigan has the rock star globe trotting QB whisperer and Ohio State has a heart attack waiting to happen as coach.

I think Barrett sometimes gets too much praise and sometimes gets too much blame for some of what the team does.  He doesn't throw a clean ball often enough.  Its taken him a while to get comfortable in the pocket and there are still times he doesn't throw away when he should.  He's had the luxury of very good running backs and fast wide receivers (although they sometimes have oven mitts instead of receiving gloves on).  There was the play calling against Oklahoma earlier this season and then again yesterday (if his injury really did occur pregame).  He's not a Heisman, he's not terrible.

I suppose he will probably be drafted mid to late.  I don't think he measures up to much of anything in the pros.  But I'll take what he's done at OSU.  I do feel a little more relieved about when he leaves.  I wasn't sure what was behind him.  It looks like Haskins might be serviceable.

31 minutes ago, ROMAD1 said:

JOK and NFL career

Is John O'Korn their accountant or something? 

My point in saying they’d have the same nfl career was that I don’t expect either one of them to do a darn thing at the next level. Barrett isn’t a good passing QB and he doesn’t have enough speed to be a running back. He’s a poor man’s Vince young.

can anyone name an OSU QB in the last 40 years that had any success at all in the NFL as a QB?  I think Kent Graham  might be it. And even he only had 7800 yds passing....

4 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

My point in saying they’d have the same nfl career was that I don’t expect either one of them to do a darn thing at the next level. Barrett isn’t a good passing QB and he doesn’t have enough speed to be a running back. He’s a poor man’s Vince young.

can anyone name an OSU QB in the last 40 years that had any success at all in the NFL as a an?  I think Kent Graham  might be it. And even he only had 7800 yds passing....

He’s not a poor man’s Vince Young. 

If anything he’s a smart man’s Vince Young, I would say he’s a poor man’s Russell Wilson, personally. JT is intelligent, strong football IQ, and a strong leader. 

As an OSU fan, I have been frustrated with JT in the past and do not believe they win the 2014 national championship if he’s healthy. With that said, at the end of his career he will be the first QB in B1G history to pass for 100 TDs, won a lot of games, and beat UM 4 times. 

As for the NFL stuff, who cares?

43 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

When you produce QBs that have success at the next level, good QB recruits tend to notice that.

That has really hurt OSU and Alabama the last 20-30 years. 

3 hours ago, Euphdude said:

. They are in the midst of a golden age in their program. 

If they lose to Wisconsin next week, which is my guess, it will be a 3 loss season for Urban. 4 if they do the usual big ten bowl flop.

42 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

If they lose to Wisconsin next week, which is my guess, it will be a 3 loss season for Urban. 4 if they do the usual big ten bowl flop.

It’s a very real scenario.  Factor in the blowout loss to Clemson last season and it’s certainly not been what was expected.  One of Clemson or Oklahoma rough games and the other to be competitive, if still a loss, would have been acceptable.  That loss at Iowa was just awful and inexcusable.

If they do defeat Wisconsin, it really makes things interesting on the committee.  I’d accept a one loss Alabama over Ohio State, although I don’t know how good Alabama really is.  Quite frankly, I’m content with whatever chaos ensues to grow 4 to 8.  So I guess I am rooting for OSU to win whatever games they are in and whatever makes everything else goofy as all could be.

Wilton speight will transfer.  

Peters and McCaffery to battle it out next year.  Harbaughs recruits.  Let's see what they got. 

56 minutes ago, T&P_Fan said:

Wilton speight will transfer.  

Peters and McCaffery to battle it out next year.  Harbaughs recruits.  Let's see what they got. 

Not really all that surprising. Best of luck to the young man. Hopefully he never has to go back to Purdue. 

22 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

What will it look like next week?

1 - Clemson
2 - Oklahoma
3 - Wisconsin
4 - Auburn
5 - Alabama
6 - Georgia
7 - Miami
8 - Notre Dame (assuming they win for now)
9 - Ohio State

I had the top 7 correct, but that's the AP poll, who knows what bribes the playoff committee will get this week.

Looks like Alex is going to another party next year too. Seems to bolster the thought of another grad transfer coming to Michigan. 

I'm going to guess Harbaugh and Malzone don't see eye to eye and have agreed to a mutual parting of ways.

If I was Malzone and I couldn't get any playing time in front of O'Korn, I'd probably transfer as well.

21 hours ago, lordstanley said:

nothing he experienced was more than painful than trying to follow the game on radio with Brandstatter on PBP when I needed to step out for 45 minutes

Brandstatter must have nude photos of Bo in order to keep his PBP job.  He is literally unbearable to listen to.

18 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

Looks like Alex is going to another party next year too. Seems to bolster the thought of another grad transfer coming to Michigan. 

I wonder how realistic the Shea Patterson transfer rumors are. Could be immediately eligible if Ole Miss gets more sanctions. He’s pretty freaking good.