40 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Nobody is defending O'Korn.  

I'm just not some mindless idiot who puts the entire game on him.

Metellus missing that interception early was really the play of the game. If we had picked that one and gone the other way- even if we didn't score- it would have completely changed momentum. Instead, OSU got all the momentum back for the rest of the half. While I thought Brown should have applied much more pressure against the OSU backup (hello? Don?), the D still had us in a position to win at the end of the game. I mean, you can't come in with the first snap with 2:47 left in decent field position and launch a pass to no one. Unless you're John freaking Okorn. 

Frankly, if neither Speight nor Peters are good to go by the bowl, we should play Malzone. What the ****. It's a meaningless bowl. I just don't want to see #8 on the field ever again. Stupidity should not be rewarded. 

• Like 1

JOK, on his interception:

"It was an option route," said O'Korn. "[Crawford] did the right thing. It's all on me."

You don't say?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sabretooth said:

We had our 12th child at halftime...Elena

At least something good came of it today. Congratulations!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sabretooth said:

12?? Wow.....You know you have too many in the huddle now, right? 

Congrats!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, stanpapi said:

Metellus missing that interception early was really the play of the game. If we had picked that one and gone the other way- even if we didn't score- it would have completely changed momentum. Instead, OSU got all the momentum back for the rest of the half. While I thought Brown should have applied much more pressure against the OSU backup (hello? Don?), the D still had us in a position to win at the end of the game. I mean, you can't come in with the first snap with 2:47 left in decent field position and launch a pass to no one. Unless you're John freaking Okorn. 

Frankly, if neither Speight nor Peters are good to go by the bowl, we should play Malzone. What the ****. It's a meaningless bowl. I just don't want to see #8 on the field ever again. Stupidity should not be rewarded. 

Look at this, miracle of miracles............I am agreeing with Stan...................That WAS the play of that game - he would have had a good shot at taking that all the way -  Would have deflated them, but no. 

But still - how many open receivers were flat-out missed today?   6?  7?  

I do have to give O'Korn credit, though - he did hit one open man today - an Ohio State safety.  

5 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Look at this, miracle of miracles............I am agreeing with Stan...................That WAS the play of that game - he would have had a good shot at taking that all the way -  Would have deflated them, but no. 

But still - how many open receivers were flat-out missed today?   6?  7?  

I do have to give O'Korn credit, though - he did hit one open man today - an Ohio State safety.  

Sports can bring people together :D.

Metellus better learn from that one. In a game like this, people need to make plays. You can watch film from all the years we won. Players stepped up and made plays. They didnt' drop interceptions in their lap. 

Harbaugh was asked twice in the post game to critique JOK. He avoided the question completely the first time. The second time he was asked about JOK missing open receivers. He said "yeah, I know we missed a few. There was some wind"....Jim....there was wind for the other team, too....quit giving the guy a pass. I know you want to protect your players. But he was god awful. If this was Madden football he'd be rated like a 7 out of a 100. He was just completely, utterly inadequate. But I can't fault Harbaugh for this one. Any kind of QB play at all and we win that game. It was ripe. Their two tackles were off the field and the starting QB was hurt. What better situation could you have asked for?

I personally don't know what to make of the QB situation next year. Speight is here again. Do I think they would have won with him today if he was healthy? Probably, because odds are he would have hit at least a few of the ones JOK missed. I mean, a pop warner QB could have hit a few of those. But Speight also looked awful in the first 4 games before he got hurt, so I do not think he's the automatic answer. Peters deserves a shot next year, assuming his head clears by then. But the one I am keeping an eye on is McCaffrey. He is supposed to be "the guy". Going to be interesting. 

2 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

Sports can bring people together :D.

Metellus better learn from that one. In a game like this, people need to make plays. You can watch film from all the years we won. Players stepped up and made plays. They didnt' drop interceptions in their lap. 

Harbaugh was asked twice in the post game to critique JOK. He avoided the question completely the first time. The second time he was asked about JOK missing open receivers. He said "yeah, I know we missed a few. There was some wind"....Jim....there was wind for the other team, too....quit giving the guy a pass. I know you want to protect your players. But he was god awful. If this was Madden football he'd be rated like a 7 out of a 100. He was just completely, utterly inadequate. But I can't fault Harbaugh for this one. Any kind of QB play at all and we win that game. It was ripe. Their two tackles were off the field and the starting QB was hurt. What better situation could you have asked for?

I personally don't know what to make of the QB situation next year. Speight is here again. Do I think they would have won with him today if he was healthy? Probably, because odds are he would have hit at least a few of the ones JOK missed. I mean, a pop warner QB could have hit a few of those. But Speight also looked awful in the first 4 games before he got hurt, so I do not think he's the automatic answer. Peters deserves a shot next year, assuming his head clears by then. But the one I am keeping an eye on is McCaffrey. He is supposed to be "the guy". Going to be interesting. 

Everyone is keeping and eye on McCaffrey but we are building this kid up way too much.  We have no idea how good or bad he is.   Just because he was a high recruit doesn't mean much..................I wouldn't expect Harbaugh to throw his QB under the bus, but he should have put in Malzone - even if for a series - for a message.    I mean that 4th down play................it was a perfect play call.

2 hours ago, sabretooth said:

Congratulations!

2 hours ago, Deleterious said:

How many losses?  

I chose ...... poorly

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Who is the Drizzle? said:

Kind of odd to be done with a coach but still hang around.

Spoiler alert: you're not done with him at all, just full of bull****.

Not odd at all.  Who gives up on a team?  You blame coaches mostly, then players.  Where have you been?

47 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Everyone is keeping and eye on McCaffrey but we are building this kid up way too much.  We have no idea how good or bad he is.   Just because he was a high recruit doesn't mean much..................I wouldn't expect Harbaugh to throw his QB under the bus, but he should have put in Malzone - even if for a series - for a message.    I mean that 4th down play................it was a perfect play call.

I've got a good feeling about McCaffrey. But everyone has to prove it on the field. 

It would have been tough to stick Malzone into such a big game after he hadn't played all year. He must not have shown much of anything to be behind JOK. He was also Nussmeier's guy- I get the sense Harbaugh doesn't have alot of use for him. But quite honestly, who would have ever expected we'd get to our 4th string QB this year?  You can't really plan for that, and that is a big reason why you can't be too surprised with 8-4. Very tough to expect the #3 or #4 guy on your depth chart to win for you. 

As I said before though, if Speight and Peters still can't go for the bowl, I'd let Alex practice for a month with the first team and throw him out there for the bowl. Might as well see what he's got. It's not like you have any worse chance than you do with JOK. 

Sports can bring people together [emoji3].
Metellus better learn from that one. In a game like this, people need to make plays.

Harbaugh is 1-5 versus Michigan St and Ohio State and the most frustrating part is 4 of those were winnable games. 2 they should have won and all but did - MSU year 1, OSU last year - and 2 they could have won -MSU and OSU at home this year. Can't think of any game they have won in the past 3 years that they just easily could have lost, except the game in year 1 that they escaped thanks to a goalline stand and bad clock management.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

31 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

I've got a good feeling about McCaffrey. But everyone has to prove it on the field. 

. But quite honestly, who would have ever expected we'd get to our 4th string QB this year?  You can't really plan for that, and that is a big reason why you can't be too surprised with 8-4. Very tough to expect the #3 or #4 guy on your depth chart to win for you. 

But see, one is related directly to the other.   You're bad because you have your 3rd sting (once 2nd string) QB in there but you have your 3rd string QB in there because you were bad and could not protect the first two.   Both the other 2 QBs were hurt directly because of a failure on your offensive line.   To not pick up a stunt vs. Wisconsin, the 11th game of the season, is beyond unacceptable - and they were doing it all day.   I fully expect one of the high-paid offensive coaches to be fired, maybe even both.   I don't know what the **** Pep Hamilton was doing but it sure didn't work.  

3 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

I would think Alabama's loss to Auburn knocks OSU out of the playoff. So there's that.

What will it look like next week?

1 - Clemson
2 - Oklahoma
3 - Wisconsin
4 - Auburn
5 - Alabama
6 - Georgia
7 - Miami
8 - Notre Dame (assuming they win for now)
9 - Ohio State

So then  if Miami beats Clemson  and  Georgia beats Auburn and Ohio State beats Wisconsin, which could all easily happen....wow......it will be what....

1- Oklahoma
2 - Alabama
3 - Georgia
4 - Miami
5 - Notre Dame
6 - Ohio State
7 - Auburn

Yeah, it seems like a tough road for Ohio State but I wish Michigan would have ruined it.

18 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Yeah, it seems like a tough road for Ohio State but I wish Michigan would have ruined it.

Oklahoma, SEC winner, ACC winner and Alabama seem to be a lock. Even if Oklahoma were to lose to TCU and finish with 2 losses and no conference championship, still can't see them ranking behind the Buckeyes after dominating them on the road earlier this season.

Urban Meyer is the biggest douchebag on the planet. He is actually trying to suggest that Barrett was hurt by a cameraman before kickoff....you know, before he ran all over Michigan in that second quarter. 

With all the people getting nailed publicly these days for their sexual indescretions, you'd think that 23 year old intern he paid off in Florida would have the guts to take this guy down. 

4 hours ago, Kamakzie said:

At least something good came of it today. Congratulations!

It was surreal.....we were preparing a TG meal for my two oldest sons, who are back from U of M this weekend, and for our other children, and my wife realizes this morning that she's going to give birth today, 3 weeks early.

So I take her to the hospital, the baby is born at halftime, and we watched the second half in the mother and baby room.

Remarkably, my oldest daughter Teresa, who is 15, took charge of making the whole meal (every kind of TG food imaginable) and she and her younger sisters carried off the whole thing.

I was actually back home in time to start the meal with the rest of my children.  Great food, great company, many blessings, many thanks.

One of those seminal moments where you realize that maybe you've done some good in this life after all.

Quite a Thanksgiving weekend!

16 minutes ago, sabretooth said:

It was surreal.....we were preparing a TG meal for my two oldest sons, who are back from U of M this weekend, and for our other children, and my wife realizes this morning that she's going to give birth today, 3 weeks early.

So I take her to the hospital, the baby is born at halftime, and we watched the second half in the mother and baby room.

Remarkably, my oldest daughter Teresa, who is 15, took charge of making the whole meal (every kind of TG food imaginable) and she and her younger sisters carried off the whole thing.

I was actually back home in time to start the meal with the rest of my children.  Great food, great company, many blessings, many thanks.

One of those seminal moments where you realize that maybe you've done some good in this life after all.

Quite a Thanksgiving weekend!

And yet through all of this, you still had time to run down to the sidelines with your camera and take out poor JT Barrett. My god you are superman!

• Haha 1

I find it funny that Barrett went 4-0 against Michigan, and yet I wish he was healthy for the entire game. Michigan was doing a solid job in containing him, and he is not much of a threat passing. Haskins's arm was a significant factor today and Michigan's secondary repeatedly failed to make a play when needed. 

But I can't fault the defense too much for the game today when they gave the offense multiple chances late in the game to win. 

1 hour ago, stanpapi said:

Urban Meyer is the biggest douchebag on the planet. He is actually trying to suggest that Barrett was hurt by a cameraman before kickoff....you know, before he ran all over Michigan in that second quarter. 

With all the people getting nailed publicly these days for their sexual indescretions, you'd think that 23 year old intern he paid off in Florida would have the guts to take this guy down. 

This is like what happened to Keith on Good Times.    Thelma started dating that star running back and he was going to the NFL and it was their ticket out of the ghetto and they were getting married and as they walked down the aisle JJ knelt down to take pictures and caught Keith in the knee, causing a serious injury and ruining his shot at the NFL.   This is almost exactly the same.