#8 Ohio State Buckeyes 9-2 (7-1) vs Michigan Wolverines 8-3 (5-3)

m1Vqie7.pngnHPUn2i.png

November 25th, 2017 @ 12PM ET

Live from Michigan Stadium in Ann Arbor, Michigan

E3K0hIJ.jpg

TV: Xh1lqx0.jpg

Not a huge college fan, but the thing that I kept laughing about was seeing all the promos for the game still having Michigan ranked 24...to make it seem like a better game.  Even after the loss I saw it all day yesterday on commercials and on the Xfinity sports app on the TV.

Please make Barrett try to beat you with his arm. He has that ability, but he can also pull an Iowa and be a horrendous passer. If OSU has a running game, there’s no chance. 

Hopefully Peters will be able to play on Saturday. If JOK is the QB, then FML.

55 minutes ago, hail2mich said:

Please make Barrett try to beat you with his arm. He has that ability, but he can also pull an Iowa and be a horrendous passer. If OSU has a running game, there’s no chance. 

Hopefully Peters will be able to play on Saturday. If JOK is the QB, then FML.

If OSU comes out throwing you are going to see a ton of PI calls on MI. M looks to me like they are guilty on most of their covers  and I'm surprised they aren't getting called a lot more.

1 hour ago, Gehringer_2 said:

If OSU comes out throwing you are going to see a ton of PI calls on MI. M looks to me like they are guilty on most of their covers  and I'm surprised they aren't getting called a lot more.

OSU has been holding Michigan receivers for years, with no calls.  It will be interested to see if the flags start flying on Michigan's secondary while OSU gets to play Thompson Twins on DPJ and Gentry all day.

Against my best judgment, I think I’m going to go to this game. Hoping for an Iowa type upset. 

2 hours ago, mickeyb105 said:

OSU has been holding Michigan receivers for years, with no calls.  It will be interested to see if the flags start flying on Michigan's secondary while OSU gets to play Thompson Twins on DPJ and Gentry all day.

the only time michigan has ever lost is because the refs let the other team cheat.

42 minutes ago, Buddha said:

the only time michigan has ever lost is because the refs let the other team cheat.

Watch some film on the OSU secondary since Urban got there.  The holding is incredible and rarely called. 

10 hours ago, Buddha said:

TPfan?

14 hours ago, Deleterious said:

Current line is OSU -12.5. It had dipped to -10.5.

Take the over if you're looking for some easy money.

11 hours ago, mickeyb105 said:

Watch some film on the OSU secondary since Urban got there.  The holding is incredible and rarely called. 

i bet you break down a lot of film on the osu secondary.

michigan has a very physical secondary since brown got there, they do their fair share of holding too.  msu is probably the worst.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Buddha said:

i bet you break down a lot of film on the osu secondary.

michigan has a very physical secondary since brown got there, they do their fair share of holding too.  msu is probably the worst.

ohpi.0.gif

michigan never does that.  ever.

in fact, i dont think ive seen michigan ever commit a penalty, unlike thise dastardly villains from that state down south.

so when you disappeared for three weeks after penn state beat michigan (undoubtedly caused by numerous blown calls by officials who simply dont like michigan) were you spending your days in film study?  judiciously breaking down film of the great conspiracy against michigan?  

come on, homer.  michigan just isnt that good this year.  you can admit it and still be "super fan number one michigan hooray yes"

• Like 1

Just now, Buddha said:

so when you disappeared for three weeks after penn state beat michigan (undoubtedly caused by numerous blown calls by officials who simply dont like michigan) were you spending your days in film study?  judiciously breaking down film of the great conspiracy against michigan?  

come on, homer.  michigan just isnt that good this year.  you can admit it and still be "super fan number one michigan hooray yes"

That looks like a personal attack.

10 minutes ago, mickeyb105 said:

That looks like a personal attack.

its a personal making fun of you.

• Like 3

I appreciate the reminder that I'm spending time here when I could be doing anything else with my time.  I thank you for that.  

Taking a couple weeks off was fantastic.  There are a few posters here I keep up with apart from these forums, so eventually I came back.  We all make mistakes, and one of my recent mistakes was thinking the Michigan threads could simmer down to a cordial level.

As for Michigan this year, their lack of a playmaker to step up in Black's absence has really hurt the offense.  Speight going down in Purdue, on an obvious penalty that wasn't called, was too much for the team to absorb--maybe just for the fact that Harbaugh insisted on playing JOK instead of Peters.  Great teams have guys to step up and fill these voids, along with coaches who aren't afraid to burn redshirts to try and win football games.  Maybe all of that comes together next year--who knows?  The starting lineup of this year's Michigan team in game-one was a tough team, and a team that wins more football games than this one.  But that's not how football is measured out, obviously.

If  you think all of Michigan's games have been called fairly since OSU last year, then fantastic--I know your POV and we don't need to discuss it past this.

If how you want to be a fan consists of making fun of other fans of the same team you root for (if you even do?), then have a great time.  Do your thing.  Those broad and sweeping statements are never in short supply.

40 minutes ago, mickeyb105 said:

I appreciate the reminder that I'm spending time here when I could be doing anything else with my time.  I thank you for that.  

Taking a couple weeks off was fantastic.  There are a few posters here I keep up with apart from these forums, so eventually I came back.  We all make mistakes, and one of my recent mistakes was thinking the Michigan threads could simmer down to a cordial level.

As for Michigan this year, their lack of a playmaker to step up in Black's absence has really hurt the offense.  Speight going down in Purdue, on an obvious penalty that wasn't called, was too much for the team to absorb--maybe just for the fact that Harbaugh insisted on playing JOK instead of Peters.  Great teams have guys to step up and fill these voids, along with coaches who aren't afraid to burn redshirts to try and win football games.  Maybe all of that comes together next year--who knows?  The starting lineup of this year's Michigan team in game-one was a tough team, and a team that wins more football games than this one.  But that's not how football is measured out, obviously.

If  you think all of Michigan's games have been called fairly since OSU last year, then fantastic--I know your POV and we don't need to discuss it past this.

If how you want to be a fan consists of making fun of other fans of the same team you root for (if you even do?), then have a great time.  Do your thing.  Those broad and sweeping statements are never in short supply.

the smallest violin in ann arbor is playing just for you.

the forum is better when it has different opinions, so im glad someone here makes the argument that michigan is an all dominating team that only loses through injury and blatant ref cheating.

every forum needs TPfan.  

listen, next year they should be better (but with a brutal schedule that will likely make them a 2 loss team).  two years from now - if recruiting keeps up - they should be on par with osu (assuming the refs dont cheat too badly).

and to be honest, if peters can play i give michigan a 50/50 shot against ohio state.  if its o'korn, maybe a 25% chance.  michigan is playing at home and that means a lot in college football.

ask iowa.

14 minutes ago, Buddha said:

the smallest violin in ann arbor is playing just for you.

the forum is better when it has different opinions, so im glad someone here makes the argument that michigan is an all dominating team that only loses through injury and blatant ref cheating.

every forum needs TPfan.  

listen, next year they should be better (but with a brutal schedule that will likely make them a 2 loss team).  two years from now - if recruiting keeps up - they should be on par with osu (assuming the refs dont cheat too badly).

and to be honest, if peters can play i give michigan a 50/50 shot against ohio state.  if its o'korn, maybe a 25% chance.  michigan is playing at home and that means a lot in college football.

ask iowa.

Thanks for the thesis statement on civility+broad and sweeping language.

2 minutes ago, mickeyb105 said:

Thanks for the thesis statement on civility+broad and sweeping language.

youre welcome.

• Like 1