Deleterious

#19 Michigan vs #5 Wisconsin - 11/18/17

Just now, Gehringer_2 said:

Yeah - I'm not really impressed by W. M is bad.

M is young where it matters.   That's all this season has been.   

2 minutes ago, RedTeamGo! said:

I don’t see it, they have a good defense. Won’t be surprised if they lose, but I don’t think it will be like 2014. 

We outplayed them until deep in the 3rd quarter. Then they knocked our QB out. An inexperienced QB who was hanging in against them and already had a touchdown taken off the board that he should have had. 

I will take great pleasure in watching them be exposed. I hope they go undefeated the rest of the way and Alabama beats them 63-7, with their QB carted off for poetic justice. 

Just now, stanpapi said:

We outplayed them until deep in the 3rd quarter. Then they knocked our QB out. An inexperienced QB who was hanging in against them and already had a touchdown taken off the board that he should have had. 

This is absolutely true....Michigan was jobbed on a couple of plays that (a) took a TD off the board and (b) gave W a setup to score...but for the injury to Peters, UM was in a position to win this road game against a good team.

Not thrilling, but this is not a "bad" team by any stretch.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sabretooth said:

More tired of your hype, but yeah, Harbaugh has to take this team beyond 3rd place.

I have no hype. 

I like what I see from Thomas on kickoffs. I’d think he’d be a better punt returner too. A much quicker burst than Peoples-Jones

6 minutes ago, sabretooth said:

This is absolutely true....Michigan was jobbed on a couple of plays that (a) took a TD off the board and (b) gave W a setup to score...but for the injury to Peters, UM was in a position to win this road game against a good team.

Not thrilling, but this is not a "bad" team by any stretch.

They are going to lose 4. I guess by a global standards, no, that's not a 'bad' team, but for M, that is still a bad team. Partly because they have injuries, but it is what it is at this point. the weakness in the receiving core is pretty bad - they have no 'go up and take it away' kind of guy. 

HaHa - looks like OKorn doesn't want to play next week either. Just lowered his head and ran himself into a hit likely to take him out.

1 minute ago, Gehringer_2 said:

They are going to lose 4. I guess by a global standards, no, that's not a 'bad' team, but for M, that is still a bad team.

Given the gap in talent between Speight and JOK, I'd say that's not a bad result....it's not good, either....just meh.

Just now, Gehringer_2 said:

They are going to lose 4. I guess by a global standards, no, that's not a 'bad' team, but for M, that is still a bad team.

For a team with inexperience on OL, 2 QBs taken out by late hits that weren't called, running backs injured all year and inexperienced WRs, I don't see how you can be that upset with 8-4. 

1 minute ago, hail2mich said:

JOK needs to just take a shot. And not THAT kind of shot. God he is bad

If neither peters or speight can go next week, I don't know that we don't see Malzone. I don't know how you throw a kid into that game who hasn't played all year, but can it be any worse than okorn? 

1 minute ago, Gehringer_2 said:

This just might be the general ceiling for UM football. There’s something in the program that prevents them from getting into the tiers of the likes of Ohio State and Wisconsin. 

3 minutes ago, Euphdude said:

This just might be the general ceiling for UM football. There’s something in the program that prevents them from getting into the tiers of the likes of Ohio State and Wisconsin. 

Well for one thing, Wisconsin plays in an inferior division.

Harbaugh saving McCaffrey's RS is kinda funny.  Milton has a stronger arm than any QB on the roster and should get a legit shot at the starting job in the spring. 

Playing JOK is the white flag at this point--seems like the team doesn't want to play behind him at all.  Dude takes off with no pressure presentation all. 

1 minute ago, sabretooth said:

Well for one thing, Wisconsin plays in an inferior division.

Yet they just handed our asses to us on a plate.

I don’t expect UM to win next week, but it will be a huge character test. If we get rolled by UM, it’s going to say a lot about the mentality of this team. 

But yeah, other than the great stretch last year before the Iowa loss, Michigan has been only a so-so program for the last 10 years.

2 minutes ago, mickeyb105 said:

Harbaugh saving McCaffrey's RS is kinda funny.  Milton has a stronger arm than any QB on the roster and should get a legit shot at the starting job in the spring. 

Playing JOK is the white flag at this point--seems like the team doesn't want to play behind him at all.  Dude takes off with no pressure presentation all. 

The entire team seemed to quit the instant JOK stepped in.  Boy I hope Peters can play next week.  Getting crushed by OSU at home with JOK would be a hammer blow.