Deleterious

#19 Michigan vs #5 Wisconsin - 11/18/17

42 minutes ago, Buddha said:

ruiz to guard and bredeson to tackle and jbb to the bench.

That would make way too much sense.

4 minutes ago, Buddha said:

so if ohio state beats illinois they are in the champ game?

And if Michigan loses to Wisconsin. If Michigan beats Wisconsin, then there is still the chance Michigan could go if they beat OSU and then MSU and psu lose in the final weekend (or this weekend). If Michigan beats osu in the final weekend but even just one of MSU or psu wins both of their games, then osu still goes to the game at 7-2 (three way tied with mich at 7-2 and Psu at 7-2). If it’s a 7-2 tie between osu, mich, and MSU, osu goes. 

If osu beats Illinois, the only two teams that can win the east are Michigan and osu (and of course Michigan needs to beat Wisconsin and get help by having MSU and osu lose to remove them from a three or four way tie with osu). 

Basically, osu wins all the three and four way ties. Michigan only wins the two way tie over osu, and osu ensures at least a tie by beating Illinois. 

this game should not be pretty for michigan.

then again, michigan is due for a big game where all the breaks go their way.  if this were in ann arbor i think michiga  could win.  but in madison?  versus the badgers and the inevitable crap calls from the big ten officials in a road game?

wiscy 27

michigan 12

On 11/15/2017 at 2:04 PM, Shelton said:

This is a tough game to think about as a Michigan fan. The team hasn’t beaten anyone good yet, but they have looked a lot better recently than they did to start the year. So I guess there is a decent chance they could pull off the upset. 

If they do win, it is going to make the loss to MSU sting even more. 

If they manage to somehow win the next two games, while watching the two teams they beat play in the championship game, that will be an even bigger bummer. But in the interests of being optimistic, maybe that could be enough to earn a New Years six bowl game. I think it would be close. Osu or Wisconsin would go to the rose bowl. But after that, you’ve got a 10-2 Michigan team that would likely be the next highest ranked big ten team. Would that be enough to finish in the top 12 of the playoff rankings? Not really worth thinking about too much, at least not until after this weekend. 

It would just be nice to get at least one good win this year, and if they can manage to beat Wisconsin, it would at least give us a bit of hope that we could match up well against osu. 

Yes, this is a great post.  

I thought the Michigan students were bad about showing up on time. That Wisconsin section is a ghost town. 

3 minutes ago, hail2mich said:

I thought the Michigan students were bad about showing up on time. That Wisconsin section is a ghost town. 

I wonder if they're away for THanksgiving week?I 

2 minutes ago, hail2mich said:

I loathe the wildcat 

Same for a third down fade. A couple dumb play calls IMO

Not sure I see the point of calling your final timeout if all you're going to do is a toss play on 3rd 8.  The likelihood of him breaking a 13 yard run isn't much different than breaking an 8 yard run.  

Harbaugh has to be better. They have called 3 timeouts on offense.  Each time the play after the TO Michigan have failed to gain a yard.  3rd and 8 and harbaugh calls a sweep to the outside.  

The Michigan coaching has been abysmal to start the game. 

2 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Not sure I see the point of calling your final timeout if all you're going to do is a toss play on 3rd 8.  The likelihood of him breaking a 13 yard run isn't much different than breaking an 8 yard run.  

Every play after the timeouts were extremely conservative and poorly designed.  We are continually out coached. 

Gus Johnson calling any other game doesn't bother me.   This type of game doesn't seem suited for his style.   Go call a big twelve shootout.  

Offense is so stale. The team has 2 losses and is at best playing for a Capital One Bowl appearance. Take the training wheels off

Several times so far in his short career, I've seen Peters try to put too much touch on the ball when he is throwing on the run. Seems unusual to see a guy keep making the mistake on the 'overcontrolled' side. 

Either way, he needs to get over it though.

you bitches happy with our run defense? 

[edit: by which i mean, you gentleman]

• Thanks 1