MAROTH4MVP

Browns Vs Lions CBS 1pm (est)

The Detroit Lions and Cleveland Browns rarely play, but when they do, they have produced some interesting and exciting results in the past.

For the Lions, the challenge this time around at Ford Field is simple. Stay hot and stay in control in order to help make a powerful push in the NFC North and beyond. The good news for them? The Browns are awful, and a team the Lions should be able to beat in order to begin a start to accomplish these goals if they stay focused.

The Lions should be able to move the ball against Cleveland's tough but vulnerable defense. This season, the Browns have allowed 16 touchdowns through the air, and all of a sudden, the Lions are cooking with the pass, having put up a gaudy 784 passing yards in the last two games with two scores. That points to some definite trouble for the Browns, if the Lions stay committed to the pass and don't try to force the run against a top five rush defense in the league.

Offensively, the Browns could be in big trouble. They're average, while the Lions are flying around and playing great defense all season long. Given the Browns struggles this season, the Lions could get back on the turnover train in a big way this week, and stifle a group which struggles to find impact players to make big plays. That's bad news going up against an offense which has moved the ball well lately.

Can the Lions avoid a trap game and get the job done to set up a second half run? That will be the important talking point of the matchup which Las Vegas sees as a 12.5 point spread, but there's no doubt the Lions are in a better place than a team that could duplicate their 0-16 feat in another couple of months.

https://247sports.com/nfl/detroit-lions/Bolt/Detroit-Lions-vs-Cleveland-Browns-How-to-watch-odds-and-game-preview-110166129

Orange is where game will be on the CBS affiliate.

6_7831078.png

The Detroit Lions and Cleveland Browns rarely play, but when they do, they have produced some interesting and exciting results in the past.
For the Lions, the challenge this time around at Ford Field is simple. Stay hot and stay in control in order to help make a powerful push in the NFC North and beyond. The good news for them? The Browns are awful, and a team the Lions should be able to beat in order to begin a start to accomplish these goals if they stay focused.
The Lions should be able to move the ball against Cleveland's tough but vulnerable defense. This season, the Browns have allowed 16 touchdowns through the air, and all of a sudden, the Lions are cooking with the pass, having put up a gaudy 784 passing yards in the last two games with two scores. That points to some definite trouble for the Browns, if the Lions stay committed to the pass and don't try to force the run against a top five rush defense in the league.
Offensively, the Browns could be in big trouble. They're average, while the Lions are flying around and playing great defense all season long. Given the Browns struggles this season, the Lions could get back on the turnover train in a big way this week, and stifle a group which struggles to find impact players to make big plays. That's bad news going up against an offense which has moved the ball well lately.
Can the Lions avoid a trap game and get the job done to set up a second half run? That will be the important talking point of the matchup which Las Vegas sees as a 12.5 point spread, but there's no doubt the Lions are in a better place than a team that could duplicate their 0-16 feat in another couple of months.
https://247sports.com/nfl/detroit-lions/Bolt/Detroit-Lions-vs-Cleveland-Browns-How-to-watch-odds-and-game-preview-110166129

Orange is where game will be on the CBS affiliate.
6_7831078.png

Ha! A game only a fan could love.

The Lions should obviously win this one but according to the metrics the Browns have one of the best D-Lines in the league so this should be a tough matchup for our O-Line.   I'm fully expecting a win but this one could end up being closer than people expect.  

I went to this game.  At 24-3 Cleveland, the guy next to me pointed at my Browns cap and said something about me having a good ride home.  I told him that under no circumstances was the game over.  We had quite the laugh at the end of the game.

Brady Quinn was on fire.  Phil Dawson was a perfect passer that day.  The cheap $1 concessions seats.  Both franchises were factories of sadness.  The patented Cleveland Swiss cheese defense.  Good times.

1 hour ago, cruzer1 said:

Run the table.

That would NOT be SOL esque....

People are expecting a great finish...something like 1 loss the rest of the way.  I heard it on Doug and Gator all day yesterday.

Can I say I would not be shocked at either 7-1 or 3-5?  I can honestly see both...which is weird.  If I had to put money on the remaining 8 games my line would be 5-3.

I would be shocked if they did in fact run the table...and you would not find a happier fan if they do it.  My eye is saying they are closer to 7-1, but my gut is saying we will have 2 close/crappy losses added to the one loss to Vikings on Thanksgiving.  No stats or anything fancy to predict that...just my SOL brain.

25 minutes ago, John_Brian_K said:

My eye is saying they are closer to 7-1, but my gut is saying we will have 2 close/crappy losses added to the one loss to Vikings on Thanksgiving. 

It would be huge if we could get Decker back on the field before the Vikings game. 

PS: Don't forget that the Vikings have the Redskins, Rams, Panthers, and Falcons still to play. They've already played the cupcakes on their schedule - Browns, Ravens, Bucs, Bears - to get to 6-2.

5 minutes ago, Jason_R said:

It would be huge if we could get Decker back on the field before the Vikings game. 

PS: Don't forget that the Vikings have the Redskins, Rams, Panthers, and Falcons still to play. They've already played the cupcakes on their schedule - Browns, Ravens, Bucs, Bears - to get to 6-2.

Noted.  I hope they get Decker back soon.

1 minute ago, John_Brian_K said:

Noted.  I hope they get Decker back soon.

But it would be SOL to lose to the Browns and keep the ignominy of a winless season all to themselves, then for Aa-Rod to come back in Week 17 and torch the Lions, who would finish 9-7 and out of the playoffs.

Just now, Jason_R said:

But it would be SOL to lose to the Browns and keep the ignominy of a winless season all to themselves, then for Aa-Rod to come back in Week 17 and torch the Lions, who would finish 9-7 and out of the playoffs.

That is about as SOL as it gets for a year...especially if that 9-7 kept them out of the playoffs.

The next 2 games are must wins and I don't use that term lightly. 

2 hours ago, John_Brian_K said:

That would NOT be SOL esque....

People are expecting a great finish...something like 1 loss the rest of the way.  I heard it on Doug and Gator all day yesterday.

Can I say I would not be shocked at either 7-1 or 3-5?  I can honestly see both...which is weird.  If I had to put money on the remaining 8 games my line would be 5-3.

I would be shocked if they did in fact run the table...and you would not find a happier fan if they do it.  My eye is saying they are closer to 7-1, but my gut is saying we will have 2 close/crappy losses added to the one loss to Vikings on Thanksgiving.  No stats or anything fancy to predict that...just my SOL brain.

I think they'll finish between 8-0 and 0-8. Call it a hunch

6 minutes ago, NYLion said:

The next 2 games are must wins and I don't use that term lightly. 

I think they'll finish between 8-0 and 0-8. Call it a hunch

I said 5-3.

1 minute ago, John_Brian_K said:

I said 5-3.

I was just poking some fun at your wide range of predictions.

Just now, NYLion said:

I was just poking some fun at your wide range of predictions.

I get it.  SOL syndrome promotes this wide range when I THINK they have a good team.  I cannot help it.

3 minutes ago, John_Brian_K said:

I get it.  SOL syndrome promotes this wide range when I THINK they have a good team.  I cannot help it.

I understand.  I felt a little twinge of SOL when Abdullah fumbled twice, they couldn't score a TD on the goal line and let the Packers score an easy TD shortly thereafter.  The screen pass to Riddick (which was a great call by JBC) alleviated that concern at least for that game.

On that note, they really need to start using Riddick more in the passing game.  He always makes something happen. He's the Tate of running backs, a master of YAC.

Just now, NYLion said:

I understand.  I felt a little twinge of SOL when Abdullah fumbled twice, they couldn't score again a TD on the goal line and let the Packers score an easy TD shortly thereafter.  The screen pass to Riddick (which was a great call by JBC) alleviated that concern at least for that game.

On that note, they really need to start using Riddick more in the passing game.  He always makes something happen, he's the Tate of running backs, a master of YAC.

I like when they give him the ball in space....short passes, screens etc.  That is his niche I think.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sagnam said:

Might as well.  The table couldn't possibly be worse than the current running backs.

Oh my. That was clever.

6-2 over the final eight games will win the division, as long as they don’t lose to the Vikings. The lions can go 5-2 in the non Vikings games. 

The vikings will go 4-3 in the non lions games. 

Lang most likely being out, isn't good their defensive line is very good. They also have the number 1 rush defense. The Lions should limit Abdullah's touches because the Browns will stuff him all day long. They have a couple decent corners too. But for some absurd reason they generally play Peppers deep as the only high saftey and ask him to cover both sides of the field. Peppers has been dreadful at this all season. The play a similar style to Gym Shorts defense, a lot of wide 9 and very aggressive.

The browns also have 3 good TE who can make you pay up the seams. However, their QB situation is dire. Even if the TE get wide open its a coin flip if the Kizer can get them the ball. Kizer takes way to long to get the ball out, even though their o-line is pretty good Kizer gets too many sacks because he doesn't get the ball out. The Brown move the ball best when Kizer is in shotgun and the ball is out quickly. They have their RBs run some option routes and can make you pay

Lions vs. Browns - Week 10 Injury Report

Detroit Lions

POS. NAME INJURY WEDNESDAY THURSDAY FRIDAY STATUS
DE Ezekiel Ansah back NP NP    
G T.J. Lang illness LP NP    
LB Jalen Reeves-Maybin ankle NP NP    
S Don Carey knee LP LP    
WR Kenny Golladay hamstring LP LP    
T Greg Robinson ankle LP LP    

Cleveland Browns

POS. NAME INJURY WEDNESDAY THURSDAY FRIDAY STATUS
DB Briean Boddy-Calhoun hamstring LP LP