Sign in to follow this  
Mr. Bigglesworth

NBA Info - November 2017

LBJ's numbers are obviously great, even with the 650 MP advantage.

Jordan's numbers, considering he missed nearly two years of his prime and quit--the second time--after a scoring title/MVP/Championship/Finals MVP season at 35--are just more impressive.  

The blocks and steals totals are really impressive for Jordan.  More total blocks (playing less minutes) than LBJ in spite of playing a backcourt position almost exclusively on defense, and factor in that his last two years he was a shadow of himself athletically--remarkable.  A 3200 point lead for Jordan, also remarkable.

In an era where LBJ basically doesn't have to worry about real flagrant fouls, Jordan's total FG% is that much more impressive.

3,200 more points on 900 less 3PTFG's made.  Would love to see him play in this era.

And I know he shot 32% from three.  But the 4 years after he came back from baseball, he shot 37% from three (Not counting the Washington years). 

Phoenix is sending Bledsoe to Milwaukee for Monroe & a 1st round pick.

Good deal for Milwaukee is Bledsoe can stay healthy/engaged in the season. They will have some nice depth with Brogdon & Bledsoe. 

Although I will say, Moose was good for Milwaukee in the playoffs last year. I'm not sold on their big-men depth to hang with guys like Drummond. 

11 minutes ago, 313DetroitCity said:

Good deal for Milwaukee is Bledsoe can stay healthy/engaged in the season. They will have some nice depth with Brogdon & Bledsoe. 

Although I will say, Moose was good for Milwaukee in the playoffs last year. I'm not sold on their big-men depth to hang with guys like Drummond. 

I like this deal for MKE.  It gives them a premier ball defender at PG who can take ball handling duties from Giannis when need be.  Not much drop-off from Bledsoe to Brogdon, all-around.

Once Jabroni comes back from injury, I think this is the dangerous team I knew they could be.

1 hour ago, Deleterious said:

3,200 more points on 900 less 3PTFG's made.  Would love to see him play in this era.

And I know he shot 32% from three.  But the 4 years after he came back from baseball, he shot 37% from three (Not counting the Washington years). 

This.

2 hours ago, 313DetroitCity said:

Looks like the rest of the league shared my low opinion of Bledsoe.  

I feel bad for Tatum.  Any other year and he is probably the favorite for ROY.  And he has almost no shot if Simmons keeps playing this way.

1 hour ago, Deleterious said:

Looks like the rest of the league shared my low opinion of Bledsoe.  

Phoenix really nuked their negotiating power with what they did. 

• Like 1

Just now, 313DetroitCity said:

Phoenix really nuked their negotiating power with what they did. 

You're right.  He should have been moved this summer.  And McDonough did them no favors bad mouthing him after they sent him home.

2 hours ago, Deleterious said:

I feel bad for Tatum.  Any other year and he is probably the favorite for ROY.  And he has almost no shot if Simmons keeps playing this way.

Rookie play is quite good this season, IMO. It is quite possible the Markkanen, averaging 16/9 right now, would come in third or fourth in ROY if the vote were held today?  With Smith, Fox and Mitchell behind him, that makes a very impressive core.  Even more impressive, perhaps, is that the top two picks are footnotes in this year's draft class.

Kuzma has been everything he advertised in summer league, and Tatum has been better than I could have imagined.

PER 100, Kuzma and Tatum look very similar although Tatum gathers more steals and blocks.

PTS           REB          3PM        FG%     ORTg    DRTg

Kuzma       24.6           10.1           2.1          56.3     118       105

Tatum        22.5           10.2          2.6           50.0     120         99

Between this year's rookies and second-year guys like Prince, Sabonis, Brown and (arguably) both DeJounte and Jamal Murray, some really good looking young talent out there performing at a high level already.

14 hours ago, Deleterious said:

It's like a live demo on how to ruin an organization.  

And with it, they tanked their reputation. Don't expect players to consider Phoenix a real destination. 

Nick Young providing some entertainment in the Bay Area.

Last night he told a reporter he was having trouble adjusting to all the winning.

Last week he had this great answer.

On 11/8/2017 at 8:45 AM, 313DetroitCity said:

And with it, they tanked their reputation. Don't expect players to consider Phoenix a real destination. 

Scottsdale, tho . . .

On 11/7/2017 at 6:17 PM, Deleterious said:

It's like a live demo on how to ruin an organization.  

Tough to watch, really.

Wow lol The Bucks are maybe a bit out of line on this one.

LiAngo was one of 3 UCLA players arrested in China and accused of shoplifting.  

y53kdgR.png

• Haha 1