RJBBREZ

UM B-Ball 17-18

Threes will heat up, but probably for both teams. Haas is a freaking giant. An Ent. He’s “Gulliver’s Travels” big. 

Fix the free throw problem and I love where we are at. Good gracious Beilein deserves a statue on campus when this is all said and done. Most underrated coach in Michigan history? Most underrated coach in the NCAA? 

I say yes.

I kept expecting Purdue to make a run - I guess they did but they had gotten too far down for it to matter. M just so quick on defense at every position. Haas showed you can  go big and score against them but you will give it all back as they run past your bigs at the other end.

1 hour ago, Gehringer_2 said:

I kept expecting Purdue to make a run - I guess they did but they had gotten too far down for it to matter. M just so quick on defense at every position. Haas showed you can  go big and score against them but you will give it all back as they run past your bigs at the other end.

The Michigan v Purdue games are the ultimate 3 > 2 showdowns. Doubling down on Haas is just asking for him to kick out to their various great three point shooters

Lunardi still has Michigan as a 5 seed, and not only does he have them as a 5 seed, he also has them out in San Diego facing the Louisville/USC matchup.   What a joke.  

13 hours ago, thefunk said:

Fix the free throw problem and I love where we are at. Good gracious Beilein deserves a statue on campus when this is all said and done. Most underrated coach in Michigan history? Most underrated coach in the NCAA? 

I say yes.

JB is simply the most amazing coach I've seen....he has top guys leaving for the NBA all the time, has to continuously rebuild, is a highly respected purist recruiter, and has fairly high expectations, which he continually lives up to.

Plus his players and everybody around him seem to love him.

This is the one Michigan based sports thing we have other than MSU basketball to feel really good about year after year....even when it seems, as it did this year, like a rebuilding project.

7 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

Lunardi still has Michigan as a 5 seed, and not only does he have them as a 5 seed, he also has them out in San Diego facing the Louisville/USC matchup.   What a joke.  

Updated today. Now has them as a 3 seed. 

Yeah, I was going to say, Lunardi was going on and on about how great Michigan was and how he'd hate to face them in the tournament the entire broadcast yesterday. It would be weird for him to have them seeded badly

5 hours ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Sounds like I missed it.

Did something happen this weekend?

Something about the Knicks having to play on the road over the weekend  because someone had booked MSG for some amateur thing.

Michigan ranked #7 in both polls.....it would seem that they have moved beyond the "hey I wonder if they are a legit 3 seed" to the point where one could legitimately ask "how are they not a 2 seed?"

Incredible considering where they were when the season started.

Yeah that's nuts.  But if Michigan state was a #2 seed BOTH times we beat them, and Purdue was ranked what yesterday....5th?  7th?  

I know it's about 'body of work', but this team is hot.  Wish the tournament started this Thursday, but if anyone can keep a team ready over 11 days it's JB and staff.  Hope we get a good matchup on that first day of the tournament so we can get back in a groove.

Count me down as one who did NOT see this little run coming.  Back to back BIG tourney champs!!

3 seed in the west.  Montana on tap first.   Game is scheduled for 9:50pm Thursday night in Witchita. 

Considering work schedule this week, very happy with the time of the game.  

Up 3 at half. They started to get a little rhythm and exploited Montana’s aggressive defense toward the end. Nice job by Simmons to provide some large minutes with Simpson on the bench with some garbage early fouls. Matthews is pretty good as long as he doesn’t dribble. 

Michigan can no longer afford Wagner’s disappearing acts for half a game. 

• Like 2

An average team beats Michigan today. Montana was embarrassingly bad in the second half, went over ten minutes without scoring.

Survive and advance I suppose. Be better against Houston or you may not see another weekend.