RJBBREZ

UM B-Ball 17-18

These officials are flat out lost.  Everything is ticky tack and they won't let the teams play.  College hoops has a huge problem.  

• Thanks 1

Under 4 mins left in 1st half.  Michigan up 1.  Mo still has no points.  This hasn't been a great basketball game. 

Beilein does more with his talent than almost any other coach in college basketball. He’s the basketball equivalent of Mark Dantonio. 

• Like 1

Michigan dusts off MSU once again.  11 points, had control the entire 2nd half. Beilein owns Izzo. 

31 minutes ago, Euphdude said:

Beilein does more with his talent than almost any other coach in college basketball. He’s the basketball equivalent of Mark Dantonio. 

**** mark dantonio. 

• Like 1

Next up almost certainly Purdue. Maybe third time's the charm.

At least we won't have to wait long to know.

2 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

Next up almost certainly Purdue. Maybe third time's the charm.

At least we won't have to wait long to know.

I'd like the rematch to be honest.  They stole the game from us in Ann Arbor. 

It's nice having an elite defense. Even with an overall average offensive game we still beat a top 10 team handily on a nuetral court. 

1 hour ago, Euphdude said:

He's like Dantonio, except with class and without the criminals!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Gehringer_2 said:

WooHoo! 

A win. Plus the always entertaining Tom Izzo press conference after losing to UM. 

so I just saw Izzo's post game and I can't say he wasn't gracious today. 

46 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

so I just saw Izzo's post game and I can't say he wasn't gracious today. 

All you had to say was you saw Izzo's post game the rest was redundant. 

15 hours ago, Aaron said:

The refs look like they dont know the rules of the game. 

I was surprised to hear the announce team mention that the lead ref yesterday was Gene Steratore, who reffed Super Bowl LII. Maybe they think it's football?

3 hours ago, djhutch said:

I was surprised to hear the announce team mention that the lead ref yesterday was Gene Steratore, who reffed Super Bowl LII. Maybe they think it's football?

It seems like he does every Michigan game lately

I actually thought the officiating was pretty decent yesterday. There was a terrible call on Livers, but then there was an immediate terrible no call on Wagner that let us get a rebound, so that exchange really benefited us. Otherwise there was nothing unusually bad. They only had about a 2 or 3 minute stretch where they called everything a foul, otherwise they let the teams play pretty well

Lunardi still has Michigan at a 5 seed.  I just don't get his system.  He's usually right so I'm not questioning him, I just don't get it. 

If he goes by bpi and sor Mich should be a 3 seed, the only metric that puts them at a 5 is RPI, but RPI has Kansas at 8 which should be a 2/3 yet he has them at a 1 so he must not put much stock in that.

14 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Lunardi still has Michigan at a 5 seed.  I just don't get his system.  He's usually right so I'm not questioning him, I just don't get it. 

If he goes by bpi and sor Mich should be a 3 seed, the only metric that puts them at a 5 is RPI, but RPI has Kansas at 8 yet he has them at a 1 so he must not put much stock in that.

At one point in one of the broadcasts they were talking about the difficulty all the rating systems have with how teams  change over a season and what the philosophy should be about that. Do you want the best teams 'now' to be the top seeds or should the seeding be what a team has accomplished over the season even if they clearly are not as good as they were when they won some of their big games? There is always going to be some tension/balance around this. M is clearly a much better team than they were in December. That December team should not be a high seed. State appears to be the somehat opposite (even despite the winning streak).

If Michigan wins today it should guarantee them a 3 seed.  Anything below that would be highway robbery. 

3 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

If he goes by bpi and sor Mich should be a 3 seed, the only metric that puts them at a 5 is RPI, but RPI has Kansas at 8 which should be a 2/3 yet he has them at a 1 so he must not put much stock in that.

Lunardi isn't that accurate when it comes to the actual seeding. 

Wasn't it Lunardi that had Michigan as a bubble team after the second loss to Purdue, when we were 17-6? :S

Excited to get to watch the game today. Since February, Purdue has gone 6-3, without a win over a ranked team. Outside a blowout win against Minnesota to start the tournament, their average margin of victory in that time is only just over 4. Not the same unstoppable force we saw early on this season.

Good start. Simpson’s maturity and D is a revelation, and even if his jumper improves he ain’t going to the NBA. Heck of a thing considering he’s got two more years after this.