RJBBREZ

UM B-Ball 17-18

17 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

2013: Lost to Vacated

2018: TBD

B|

• Like 2

Villanova up by double digits on Kansas. I don't think either matchup would be necessarily favorable to Michigan. It will come down to whether we play like we did against A&M, or like we did in the first half today.

Real guts from Beilein to bench Simpson and Rahkman and go with Simmons and Poole for a long stretch, and it worked.

Unfortunately, Villanova look like a team of super mutant juggernauts. Going to be tough Monday

40 minutes ago, pyrotigers said:

Real guts from Beilein to bench Simpson and Rahkman and go with Simmons and Poole for a long stretch, and it worked.

Unfortunately, Villanova look like a team of super mutant juggernauts. Going to be tough Monday

This (or with luck - Monday) will probably stand as the premier night of 2018 for sports in SE MI this season. Need to savor it a little as it's going to be a long losing summer and probably fall.

The '76 team was something though. Amazingly little top talent to get to a final, and of course, the final would be against Indiana - who we could have played 10 times that year and still never beaten.

Maybe a 30% chance of winning on Monday? 

Hopefully Michigan gets lucky and Nova has an off shooting night. Michigan would have little to no chance in a 7 game series but anything can happen in one game.

46 minutes ago, Scottwood said:

That's probably about right. But they are due for another game when they shoot well, and when M shoots well, they can run with anyone.

Normally when a team has a hot night like Nova  had tonight its followed up with a bad shooting night. I dont see them getting open like they were tonight because of Michigans defensive schemes. 

10 minutes ago, Aaron said:

Normally when a team has a hot night like Nova  had tonight its followed up with a bad shooting night. I dont see them getting open like they were tonight because of Michigans defensive schemes. 

Bilas made a comment about the need for a teams bigs to defend outside to beat Villanova - that is certainly something Wagner can do. As talented a scorer as his is, I think his ability and tenacity coming out to defend to the 3 line, doubling to cut off dribble penetration and *still* getting back to deny his man the ball in the paint really key M's defense.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Scottwood said:

Hopefully Michigan gets lucky and Nova has an off shooting night. Michigan would have little to no chance in a 7 game series but anything can happen in one game.

I’d bump it up to an even 1 in 3 chance. And that’s fine. Villanova is a powerhouse this year. 

6 hours ago, lordstanley said:

MIchigan girl jumping for joy

Straight from an episode of The Man Show. 

First college basketball I watched since the 2013 championship game. I enjoyed the jumping girl and what is sure to be a new Grant Hill meme. This German kid also looked decent. There's my hot take analysis. 

Stay at home, make them beat you with 2s, and hope you shoot better. That's about it I think.

I'm pretty confident Villanova will make a lot fewer 3s vs Michigan than they did vs Kansas. Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure they won't make nearly as many to outscore Michigan's offense.

Lot of people completely writing off M in this game. Villanova definitely has more playmakers, but that's probably been the case in at least half of the games we've played since the B1G Tournament began.

Last game we were underdogs for was won by 27. Similar performance tomorrow likely wins it. Tall order, but if anyone can do it, Beilein's team can.

Michigan's probably going to lose but they do present a tougher matchup for Nova than Kansas did. Kansas has a defense that allows lots of 3 point attempts and that's pretty much a death nail against Nova. On the other hand, Michigan is elite at preventing the types of shots that Nova takes. But, Michigan's offense has struggled all tournament aside from the A & M game and that's probably the bigger worry. 

On ‎4‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 6:59 AM, Shelton said:

I’d bump it up to an even 1 in 3 chance. And that’s fine. Villanova is a powerhouse this year. 

538 has Michigan at a 36% chance, FWIW.

12 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

538 has Michigan at a 36% chance, FWIW.

Ha! Up 6% - The smart money is moving our way!

xD

The last meaningful game for a state of Michigan team until the Lions blow a playoff spot in the next-to-last game of the 2018 season.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

The last meaningful game for a state of Michigan team until the Lions blow a playoff spot in the next-to-last game of the 2018 season.

I was discussing this very thing over the weekend.  It is a bad time to be a Detroit sports fan right now.