RJBBREZ

UM B-Ball 17-18

If michigan looks at an MSU player it's a foul.  The Big 10, and college hoops in general, have a massive officiating problem. 

Michigan with 4 players with 2 fouls already.  11 fouls with 3 mins left. Embarrassing for the big ten. 

14 mins left in 2nd half. Both teams in the bonus. Wow. 

5 mins left.  Michigan up 8.  They are playing really well on defensive end of the floor. 

What a win.  Michigan was clearly the better team, Wagner was easily the best player on the floor.  

Wagner comes out of a kind of funk today and has great game, Michigan tightens the screws on defense down the stretch, MSU makes a ton of mistakes, Michigan plays largely mistake-free ball.... the result is a very nice win for a young U of M team that looks like they could win the B1G this yesr!  Gotta love JB.

Michigan's rebounding against MSU is really something and shows a high degree of mental and physical toughness that is a major improvem3nt over some recent vintages of UM b-ball that featured softer teams, esp vs MSU.

On 12/13/2017 at 2:18 PM, thefunk said:

Like. Clockwork.

Every year (with very few exceptions) JB’s teams have a few games or a stretch where you just go.....”what?! We suck.”

Then they turn a corner and everyone’s back on the wagon. How many times do we need to see this play out before people start believing that our coach is a college basketball wizard? 

We looked so bad for that long stretch last year, then watching that team win the Big Tournament was some of the most sports-based fun I’ve ever had in my life. 

I’ll call it now. This team beats MSU and wins the BIG outright, even with the OSU loss.

suck it.

BUUUUUUMP.

?whoooooooaaa we’re halfway theeerreee?

• Haha 1

Michigan barely eeks it out at home against a mediocre team's second string lineup.

17 minutes ago, sabretooth said:

Michigan barely eeks it out at home against a mediocre team's second string lineup.

Man, that looked a lot like the elevator door play on Maryland's last shot. Ref's not calling that in either league now?

16 hours ago, sabretooth said:

It was a nice win.  Always hard to come off of a very emotional win.  Came out flat in the 1st half and then put up 47 points in the 2nd half.  

Gutty win last night. All teams have down games, not surprised we were dead legged after MSU. Michigan deserved one like that last night.

On 1/13/2018 at 2:29 PM, Buddha said:

waiting to hear izzo's excuses.

Does he have a thing about Beilein? 9 minute post-game, mentioned almost every UM player by name at some point, never once made any reference to any coaches or any coaching having existed on the other bench.

TBF - other than that I thought it less whiney that the usual post loss Izzo.

17 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

Does he have a thing about Beilein? 9 minute post-game, mentioned almost every UM player by name at some point, never once made any reference to any coaches or any coaching having existed on the other bench.

TBF - other than that I thought it less whiney that the usual post loss Izzo.

Izzo is a poor sport, he is petty and can never give UM credit.  I remember him doing an interview when UM made the final four in '13, and he was a giant dick then too. I think his status a great coach is way overblown.  He is the bball version of Lloyd Carr.  Wins a title early, and some good but not great seasons after.   Has his pick of talent usually but continuously chokes.  Why msu fans call him 'Mr March' is beyond me.  Mr March going to lead you to another epic loss to mid tennessee state? 

I am so glad Beilein is UM's coach.  At times I get frustrated with his recruiting but the guy can develop talent.He is the master of finding guys that can fit into his system.  He is the definition of a class act, and you would never see him be disrespectful to another coach, or be rude after a tough loss.   If you look at JB's results compared to Izzo's over the past 7-8 years I am sure most fans would be surprised at what they learned.  

7 hours ago, T&P_Fan said:

It was a nice win.  Always hard to come off of a very emotional win.  Came out flat in the 1st half and then put up 47 points in the 2nd half.  

No doubt.....I'll take the W anyday....they never seemed to get it into gear, but they started hitting their shots eventually.  Fortunately this team doesn't make a lot of mistakes/TOs (a coach JB hallmark), so if they are playing hard and rebounding the ball typically the will be OK.  They just didn't have the effort level in this game.

37 minutes ago, RJBBREZ said:

Izzo is a poor sport, he is petty and can never give UM credit.  I remember him doing an interview when UM made the final four in '13, and he was a giant dick then too. I think his status a great coach is way overblown.  He is the bball version of Lloyd Carr.  Wins a title early, and some good but not great seasons after.   Has his pick of talent usually but continuously chokes.  Why msu fans call him 'Mr March' is beyond me.  Mr March going to lead you to another epic loss to mid tennessee state? 

I am so glad Beilein is UM's coach.  At times I get frustrated with his recruiting but the guy can develop talent.He is the master of finding guys that can fit into his system.  He is the definition of a class act, and you would never see him be disrespectful to another coach, or be rude after a tough loss.   If you look at JB's results compared to Izzo's over the past 7-8 years I am sure most fans would be surprised at what they learned.  

I don't begrudge Izzo his props, he's accomplished a lot. I laugh about his post-game sour puss routine, but if that's his worst flaw as a coach, I can't imagine most schools wouldn't be happy to live with it.

izzo is a great coach.  hall of fame coach.

my problem is the idea that he's the only coach in america who gets 5* players and doesnt cheat.  same with duke.  you think those guys turn down $250k from kentucky to go to duke or msu?  no sir, they do not.

valenti blew a gasket today crying over sparty's loss.