Sign in to follow this  
Deleterious

Minnesota vs Michigan - 11/4/17

Pumped to watch the youth movement continue.  Besides Peters, a whole bunch of young  and very talented guys saw the field last week so I am hoping that continues.  Get them ready for the tough schedule next season coach. 

Holy cow, what is happening in Iowa City? Iowa is leading OSU 38-17 near the end of the third quarter, and OSU looks lost. Not to mention, Iowa just went for it on 4th in field goal range with a pass to the long snapper. Ferentz somehow works his black magic. 

MSU is also playing a good game against Penn State, and is winning 21-17. I sure love Big Ten football. 

14 minutes ago, hail2mich said:

Holy cow, what is happening in Iowa City? Iowa is leading OSU 38-17 near the end of the third quarter, and OSU looks lost. Not to mention, Iowa just went for it on 4th in field goal range with a pass to the long snapper. Ferentz somehow works his black magic. 

MSU is also playing a good game against Penn State, and is winning 21-17. I sure love Big Ten football. 

Looks like a classic trap game that Ohio State has fallen into. They had a big comeback win against Penn State, and probably didn’t take Iowa seriously. 

Make it 48-17 now. Crazy.

And MSU has a real shot in this game. How thrilling for all 5,000 people there 

Offense with a great first drive. Peters to McKeon on a throw-back screen for a TD. Lovely play call 

I feel like the very few times the offense shows a little rhythm and momentum, the defense will lay an egg on the subsequent drive. Hopefully it's just a case where the defense needs to talk it over on the sideline and adjust, but it's frustrating when the offense is so unstable. 

3 minutes ago, ROMAD1 said:

Double dang Nordin

He’s missed a couple of PATs and some gimmie FGs this season. Hopefully maturity and experience will eliminate these kinds of unforced errors. 

Peoples-Jones and our other young WRs need to start making some big catches. Michigan State’s freshman WRs we’re making huge catches today - there’s no reason why Michigan’s shouldn’t do the same. 

1 minute ago, hail2mich said:

The running game is unstoppable tonight. Evans breaks one for 60 yards. Just too easy! 

Yup....it’s soooo nice to see that we are capable of making big plays!

Apparently Michigan has never had two 200 yard rushers in the same game. They need 13 more from Evans. 

Fox broadcast is brutal. Their breakdown of the little skirmish at the end of the third quarter is laughable. Basically applauding the Minnesota left tackle for throwing punches, as it shows he cares and has heart, but calling out Kinnel for instigating the whole thing before the play was even over??? Ridiculous. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, hail2mich said:

Fox broadcast is brutal. Their breakdown of the little skirmish at the end of the third quarter is laughable. Basically applauding the Minnesota left tackle for throwing punches, as it shows he cares and has heart, but calling out Kinnel for instigating the whole thing before the play was even over??? Ridiculous. 

I thought the same thing.  Spencer Tillman did a decent job, but his take on that was laughable.  I'd have been more upset as a Gophers' fan listening to Tim Brando gush about all things UM last night.  

As for the game, I thought the play-calling was interesting.  Only early on did they run to set up the pass, but as the game went on it was run, run, run.  Wisconsin is going to make Peters beat them.  He has shown some promise, but it remains to be seen if he can carry a team with his arm.  The OL has improved, but run blocking vs. pass blocking can do that.

16 hours ago, Euphdude said:

He’s missed a couple of PATs and some gimmie FGs this season. Hopefully maturity and experience will eliminate these kinds of unforced errors. 

Nordin is injured right now too.

Michigan hasn't beaten a team with a winning record yet this year.

They are ranked #21 in the latest AP poll.