John_Brian_K

Week 9: Lions @ Packers Monday Night 8:30pm ESPN

Also fair to wonder

I mean, it is stunning to look at how much of a difference his absence has made not only to the Lions but to the Rams. How could one player be so bad!?!
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nastradamus said:

Yah, I think the analytics and stats would suggest we should win 5-6 more games and contend for the civision. In Chicago, Baltimore and Minny will be tough. Gotta beat Minny

But Minnesota is a home game. On turkey day. The Lions are 2-0 in the division, both road wins.

18 hours ago, pyrotigers said:

True, but there's also a chance of a turnover or penalty backing them up further.

Given that there have been 0 TD returns on kickoffs in the entire league this season (unless there was one this weekend I missed) it seems a good risk

Not that it changes the point, but there have been 2 kicks returned.  I only remember one because it was in the game that was 7-7 in about a minute.

8 hours ago, sagnam said:

Not that it changes the point, but there have been 2 kicks returned.  I only remember one because it was in the game that was 7-7 in about a minute.

You're right, not sure how I forgot that one, as I completely remember it now that you bring it up. Good catch.

I don't actually think Abdullah is that bad. He's just not the right kind of back for this offense. He often breaks the first tackle, but dancing around in the backfield is not going to work with this o-line. They need someone who just hits the hole and gets as much yardage as possible. Abdullah and Riddick aren't that kind of back and Washington sucks, so I don't see it happening.

Zenner might be the best guy they have to just get 3 yards per carry, but at that point I'd rather just give it to Abdullah, at least he might break a big gain if they bother to block.

I heard that the Vikings are probably going to be activating Bridgewater.  Not sure what the plan will be for him since Keenum has been playing pretty well for them but it could be something to keep an eye on.

On 11/7/2017 at 9:22 AM, RedRamage said:

I think it's also worth nothing that Rodgers doesn't play on defense.  Yeah, I know... a more potent offence from the Pack would have changed a lot of the dynamics of the game, but still, Stafford picked apart the defense and likely would have done nearly as well even if Rodgers was playing. 

This is one of the first things I pointed out to a buddy of mine who tried to minimize the victory.  The offense (despite red zone struggles again) had their way with Green Bay.  Nice to see.  

On 11/7/2017 at 10:18 PM, Sports_Freak said:

But Minnesota is a home game. On turkey day. The Lions are 2-0 in the division, both road wins.

Yes, we already suffered through that damn viking horn noise for this year.  

On 11/7/2017 at 1:04 PM, Jason_R said:

Maybe you want your team to have players who are smaller than average and slower than average. I'd like my team to have players who are bigger than average and faster than average.

If my team is going to trade size for speed, then by all means give me a small RB who runs a 4.37 40-yard dash. Abdullah ran it in 4.6. 

Drafted after Abdullah:

Tevin Coleman (pick 73; 5'11"/206, 4.39)

David Johnson (pick 86; 6'1"/224, 4.50)

Jay Ajayi (pick 149; 6'0"/221, 4.57)

I don't care if you like Abdullah, I'll just point out he is small, fragile, not terribly fast, and there were multiple better options on the board when he was picked. I think he was yet another bad pick by Mayhew, who didn't have a good drafting strategy or good scouting.

I think he is a good RB, but they are using him wrong.  They definitely need a stronger, bigger, between the tackles type RB.  The fact that Zenner is their best guy for that has me shaking my head.  So to me if he was utilized his skills better, you'd probably like him more.  Problem is they have both AA and Riddick and neither one of them are that type of back.  It HAS to be addressed in the draft or FA.  Washington and Zenner are not options to me.