John_Brian_K

Week 9: Lions @ Packers Monday Night 8:30pm ESPN

2 minutes ago, Shelton said:

I believe the Vegas lines have the lions as favorites. 

I don’t believe much in lambeau mystique. 

I do when the team has won once there in about 3 decades and with that one win being in a lost season with no pressure to win.

I have a hard time seeing this team pull out the victory even with Rodgers out in an important game.  They certainly can but I'd wager against it.

5 minutes ago, NYLion said:

I do when the team has won once there in about 3 decades and with that one win being in a lost season with no pressure to win.

I have a hard time seeing this team pull out the victory even with Rodgers out in an important game.  They certainly can but I'd wager against it.

You can wager on whatever you want. I just don’t put a lot of stock into things that happened so long ago. GB has had Favre and Rogers for forever and the lions spent over a decade as one of the worst teams in the history of the NFL. GB has been one of the best. It’s not surprising that they have failed to win there in the past. GB has been better in almost every contest. 

A related question, how many times have the lions been favored going into a game in Green Bay over the past 20 years? 

7 minutes ago, NYLion said:

I think it's less a Lambeau mystique and more just a good-team mystique... There's probably some level of nervousness in the idea that it's been x-number of seasons with the Lions only winning one game there.  That will probably make the Lions a little "tighter" than normal, but only a little.

Look at the years 1982 to 1991... the Lions won 7 of those 10 games in Lambeau... what changed after the 1991 season?  Farve.

10 minutes ago, Shelton said:

You can wager on whatever you want. I just don’t put a lot of stock into things that happened so long ago. GB has had Favre and Rogers for forever and the lions spent over a decade as one of the worst teams in the history of the NFL. GB has been one of the best. It’s not surprising that they have failed to win there in the past. GB has been better in almost every contest. 

A related question, how many times have the lions been favored going into a game in Green Bay over the past 20 years? 

Probably when they lost to the immortal Matt Flynn with Stafford as the opposing QB, not that the game was at all Stafford's fault.

I understand what you're saying but I'm just skeptical about the Lions winning an important game until they do and I have a hard time believing that it will be easy at all if they do.

If they do win tonight, the schedule is pretty cozy the rest of the way so we'll see.

1 hour ago, NYLion said:

Probably when they lost to the immortal Matt Flynn with Stafford as the opposing QB, not that the game was at all Stafford's fault.

I understand what you're saying but I'm just skeptical about the Lions winning an important game until they do and I have a hard time believing that it will be easy at all if they do.

If they do win tonight, the schedule is pretty cozy the rest of the way so we'll see.

I get it. I don’t blame you. I just hate hearing about mystique or something that happened a lot decades ago. 

I think the lions have won some important games, though. They have lost more than they have won I think. 

I don’t know remember the stakes of the Matt Flynn game. It wasn’t for the division. Was it to avoid playing the 3 seed? We had already clinched the playoffs, right?

the packers were 14-1 at the time and the lions were 10-5. It was in GB in January. Maybe we were favored because Flynn was starting but I don’t know. 

31 minutes ago, Shelton said:

I get it. I don’t blame you. I just hate hearing about mystique or something that happened a lot decades ago. 

I think the lions have won some important games, though. They have lost more than they have won I think. 

I don’t know remember the stakes of the Matt Flynn game. It wasn’t for the division. Was it to avoid playing the 3 seed? We had already clinched the playoffs, right?

the packers were 14-1 at the time and the lions were 10-5. It was in GB in January. Maybe we were favored because Flynn was starting but I don’t know. 

Yeah there's no mystique. Just football – successful, well-managed franchise vs the NFL's longest running joke. The Packers have managed to consistently put a better team on the field since the early 90s

5 hours ago, Shelton said:

It's not really just Green Bay. It's very hard to win on the road, especially when the team isn't very good, in the NFL.

Oops..

Sorry Shelton. Android.....

I would be more surprised if they won than if they lost. But I want to see HOW they lose. It could be a good game.

Packers. 20

Lions. 10

Packers noodle armed rookie QB is allowed to throw dump offs vs soft coverage

Lions 25 million dollar QB has people playing behind the LoS against his passes

• Like 1