John_Brian_K

Week 9: Lions @ Packers Monday Night 8:30pm ESPN

The last time I was in Vegas it was Thanksgiving and we played the Pack....and the Suh stomp that had everyone in the sports book oooing and ahhhhing...we lost that game 27-15.

I thought a good team should have beat the Saints...that was a laugher and then we kind of bounced back with a close loss to the Steelers who I think are pretty good...so I think we are in line for another laugher.  

Lions 15

Pack 37

58 minutes ago, John_Brian_K said:

The last time I was in Vegas it was Thanksgiving and we played the Pack....and the Suh stomp that had everyone in the sports book oooing and ahhhhing...we lost that game 27-15.

I thought a good team should have beat the Saints...that was a laugher and then we kind of bounced back with a close loss to the Steelers who I think are pretty good...so I think we are in line for another laugher.  

Lions 15

Pack 37

Packers are not putting up 35 points without Rodgers unless their defense scores.

8 minutes ago, MAROTH4MVP said:

Packers are not putting up 35 points without Rodgers unless their defense scores.

The total score includes their defense yeah.

Forgot this was a Monday Night game, the Lions should win this but you never know with them at Lambeau.  Hundley could go all Matt Flynn on them.  I still say 24-17 Lions though. 

A back-up quarterback against the Lions? We've seen this before. He'll get a huge long-term contract after he puts up 400 passing yards against Detroit. It's happened before and there's no indication it won't keep happening. And really, what's the use? Maybe we can be a wild card team and have a playoff game on the road? Yes, I would love our chances in that type of game. Have the Lions ever won a playoff game on the road as a wild card team? I didn't think so.

The Lions have a very good secondary. I predict that Quin intercepts Hundley and that Hundley is responsible for a second turnover. Lions 23-16.

Pos. Name Injury THURSDAY      
S Don Carey knee NP      
WR Kenny Golladay hamstring NP      
T Greg Robinson ankle NP      
DE Ezekiel Ansah knee LP      
RB Dwayne Washington concussion LP      
T Emmett Cleary ankle FP      
LB Paul Worrilow knee FP      

Green Bay Packers

Pos. Name Injury THURSDAY      
TE Martellus Bennett shoulder NP      
S Kentrell Brice ankle NP      
LB Ahmad Brooks back NP      
DT Quinton Dial chest NP      
LB Joe Thomas ankle NP      
S Morgan Burnett hamstring LP      
LS Taybor Pepper foot LP      
G Lane Taylor ankle LP      
T David Bakhtiari hamstring FP      
RB Ty Montgomery ribs, wrist FP      
LB Nick Perry hand FP      
CB Damarious Randall hamstring FP      

Looks like Worrilow will be back. Which is good news.

Decker was back at practice this week.  If he's healthy, & plays, that should help Stafford.  This is a must win.

Lions 31

Pack 20

1 hour ago, djhutch said:

Decker was back at practice this week.  If he's healthy, & plays, that should help Stafford.  This is a must win.

Lions 31

Pack 20

The problem with saying a game is a must win is the possibility you lose. There is still enough of the season left to still win the division or make a wild card run. As long as we can beat all the weaker teams. 

22 hours ago, Sports_Freak said:

The problem with saying a game is a must win is the possibility you lose. There is still enough of the season left to still win the division or make a wild card run. As long as we can beat all the weaker teams. 

Statistically, yes.  Emotionally, not a chance.  If the Lions cannot beat the Packers without Aaron Rodgers, they are more pretenders than contenders.

• Like 2

Statistically, yes.  Emotionally, not a chance.  If the Lions cannot beat the Packers without Aaron Rodgers, they are more pretenders than contenders.

Bingo.

12 hours ago, djhutch said:

Well, I assumed we knew that we were, at best, pretenders.

On 11/4/2017 at 8:05 AM, djhutch said:

Lions 31

Pack 20

I read somewhere that Decker was not expected to play in this game... which I guess makes sense if you figure he isn't in game shape yet.  As much as I want him back, I'd rather not rush him too much.

1 minute ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Packers 8,237

Lions 2

And the two points are only achieved because the packers feel so bad that the Lions are utterly unable to score that they intentionally run back out of their endzone.

Hundley: "Jeez man... I can't understand it... I toss the ball right into the defenders hands and he STILL dropped it... I tried fumbling but they just ended up knocking it out of bounds... I guess the only thing I can do it score the point for them myself..."

This game feels weird. I don’t really like Monday night or Sunday night games. 

I expect the lions to win tonight pretty easily. 

I think this is as must a win as you'll have at the 9 game mark. 

I'd be shocked if the Lions won this game easily. No Rodgers but Lambeau Field still has that mystique and the Lions' confidence has to be low right about now so I expect a coin flip game.  I'm assuming that the Packers are still the favorite to win.

21 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

538 has Packers with a 66% chance to win.

How does 538 account for injuries? I know they use an ELO system so my understanding is that it just looks at overall team wins and losses, and prior year performance is still baked into it. 

21 minutes ago, NYLion said:

I think this is as must a win as you'll have at the 9 game mark. 

I'd be shocked if the Lions won this game easily. No Rodgers but Lambeau Field still has that mystique and the Lions' confidence has to be low right about now so I expect a coin flip game.  I'm assuming that the Packers are still the favorite to win.

I believe the Vegas lines have the lions as favorites. 

I don’t believe much in lambeau mystique.