belcherboy

Would it have been better if the Tigers had waited in hiring a manager?

Heck yea they could have waited 2-3 wks and Have.gotten the best.Girardi  and you would have seen a.difference of at least 10 -15 more wins a year 

46 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

lost-in-space-robot-3.jpg

Are we sure this wasn't the pitching coach last season?

• Haha 1

On 1/4/2018 at 3:34 PM, Casimir said:

Are we sure this wasn't the pitching coach last season?

Yes, we're very sure. Bringing in a lefty to face 4 power hitting RH hitters in a row? It never would have happened with Logic being used. I guess this robot wasn't built at Harvard?  ??

If the main criterion is bringing a celebrity manager aboard, then Girardi certainly would have filled that bill. Heck, Gardenhire kind of does, too.

21 hours ago, Sports_Freak said:

Yes, we're very sure. Bringing in a lefty to face 4 power hitting RH hitters in a row? It never would have happened with Logic being used. I guess this robot wasn't built at Harvard?  ??

I was thinking more along the lines of “danger, danger”.

I feel as though I should just move on from Gardenhire now, he's a slug and I hate his whole approach which would have destroyed David Ortiz among others,  but because the team is going to suck for at least two years I don't really care anymore who is nominally the manager.  Leading the league in sac bunts and losses is what I think his legacy will be.

I do  believe, sincerely, that anyone who participates on this board could manage the team in 2018 and not have a won/loss record that is different from Gardenhire's, plus or minus 5 wins at most.  And I wouldn't dismiss the plus. 

On 1/2/2018 at 11:40 AM, Mopaniac said:

Heck yea they could have waited 2-3 wks and Have.gotten the best.Girardi  and you would have seen a.difference of at least 10 -15 more wins a year 

No manager is ever going to be worth 10-15 wins per year. Plus the Tigers are rebuilding. Record is secondary to accruing talent.

17 hours ago, Casimir said:

I was thinking more along the lines of “danger, danger”.

I was more impressed by how he could teach a splitter with hooks for hands.