Jump to content

John_Brian_K

Week 8: Lions -v- Steelers Sunday Night 8:30pm NBC

Recommended Posts

 

image.jpeg.417f8d741046f49eb1e2ec32d5fe79fd.jpeg

 

steelers.pnglions.png

The opponents perspective:

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2017/10/23/steelers-lions-preview-nfl-week-8-matthew-stafford-theo-riddick-fantasy/stories/201710230121

The Steelers will visit Ford Field to face the Lions Sunday in Detroit. Here are five things to know about the NFC North opponent that has struggled in recent weeks

 

 

 

image.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have not seen if he is playing or not yet.  We could use him to stretch the field a little.

I had Aaron Rodgers as my QB in FFL and someone just released Stafford so I picked him up.  Hopefully he will start picking it up.  He has played like garbage this year so far.  I know the O line has been horrific, but he needs to know that and make quicker reads.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, kgeorge78 said:

Love sunday night games....

Is Galloday playing?
 

I hate Sunday night games...  My wife will want to watch TWD, I'll have to stay up too late, and I won't know what to do in the afternoon. :(

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RedRamage said:

I hate Sunday night games...  My wife will want to watch TWD, I'll have to stay up too late, and I won't know what to do in the afternoon. :(

 

I have a similar problem.  But I will be the one to want to watch TWD.  I am going to watch TWD and record the Lions game and then just FF the commercials until I am caught up.

That just gives me all day to be productive.  I have a ton of crap to do around the house anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Goladay has been practicing for about a week now so he should play. Tate actually practiced today, but they signed Billingsley off the practice squad which says to me Tate is definitely out

Between the Lions and Michigan I've sure had my fill of nightmarishly bad offensive line play, so it would be nice if whatever bum they throw out at LT this week could be competent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
So, no news on Decker then?

I think the beat guys forgot he’s on the team.

 

Edit: But Sam Martin’s back, so we’ve got that going for us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, azzurri said:

Steelers 28, Lions 10.  Steelers are Super Bowl quality on both sides of the ball.

That feels about right...the score.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, RedRamage said:

I hate Sunday night games...  My wife will want to watch TWD, I'll have to stay up too late, and I won't know what to do in the afternoon. :(

 

Eww, really?  I'm a fan of the show as well or what it used to be but I wouldn't revolve my schedule around watching it anymore. 

Get your priorities straight, DVR TWD and watch the Lions although this game might turn into the football version of TWD if the last few weeks are indicative of what will happen this week.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, NYLion said:

Eww, really?  I'm a fan of the show as well or what it used to be but I wouldn't revolve my schedule around watching it anymore. 

Get your priorities straight, DVR TWD and watch the Lions although this game might turn into the football version of TWD if the last few weeks are indicative of what will happen this week.

 

TWD is only an hour.  NFL games last like 3.  Much easier to watch TWD all the way then just FF the commercials for the game.  He will be caught up in no time..the other way they have to wait until the next day to watch TWD unless they stay up super late.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/25/2017 at 2:11 PM, pyrotigers said:

Goladay has been practicing for about a week now so he should play. Tate actually practiced today, but they signed Billingsley off the practice squad which says to me Tate is definitely out

Between the Lions and Michigan I've sure had my fill of nightmarishly bad offensive line play, so it would be nice if whatever bum they throw out at LT this week could be competent.

The plan is to not even put out a LT. They are just going to use a defensive lineman there, seriously. Mihalik will struggle. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, John_Brian_K said:

TWD is only an hour.  NFL games last like 3.  Much easier to watch TWD all the way then just FF the commercials for the game.  He will be caught up in no time..the other way they have to wait until the next day to watch TWD unless they stay up super late.

That's actually not a bad idea... I normally watch the game delayed anyway, so might as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, azzurri said:

Steelers 28, Lions 10.  Steelers are Super Bowl quality on both sides of the ball.

the steelers lost to the mike glennon led bears.  i dont know if that makes them super bowl quality or not.

ive seen the steelers sleepwalk through a couple games this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lions go down 28-3 by 3rd Quarter. They stage a furious comeback. By 3 seconds left, they have cut the lead to 38-33 and are inside the Steelers 20. Stafford throws a fade to Marvin Jones, who is mauled in the end zone. A flag is thrown. The referees huddle. They rule that it wasn’t actually a flag, but a misplaced “Terrible Towel”. Time has run out. Game over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Jason_R said:

Lions go down 28-3 by 3rd Quarter. They stage a furious comeback. By 3 seconds left, they have cut the lead to 38-33 and are inside the Steelers 20. Stafford throws a fade to Marvin Jones, who is mauled in the end zone. A flag is thrown. The referees huddle. They rule that it wasn’t actually a flag, but a misplaced “Terrible Towel”. Time has run out. Game over.

That sounds about right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pittsburgh is #2 in the league in sacks and Cameron Heyward and T.J. Watt are going to tee off on Stafford if Taylor Decker doesn't play. Without Decker in the lineup Stafford won't be kept upright, he'll be forced into situations where he will make mistakes, he'll throw a couple of picks/fumble once and ultimately we will lose. I don't see how we make it out of Ford Field with a win. Sorry, zero optimism from me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Sorry, zero optimism from me.

I fear it's accurate though... unless we get much, much better play from the OL, there's no reason to think Stafford won't be running for his life and there's no reason to think that the running game will miraculously come to life.

And right now, there's not reason to think the OL will play much, much better.  Even if Decker does come back for Sunday, I wonder how much he'll be ready to go?  It might take a week or two to knock off all the rust.

I dearly hope that we're all wrong but I think this is a loss barring a miracle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I could see this being a decent match up for the Lions defense, but Stafford is going to die.

I don't think Tate should rush back from injury for this one either

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The beginning of the mudslide begins this weekend!  lol  We go from looking pretty darn good to looking like a JV team once again.  No matter the reason...this is SOL.

T&P is the biggest I can think of, but to any others who always say 'this team has nothing to do with the teams of the past the SOL stuff is garbage!' how long do you have to keep watching the same thing year after year before you buy in?

I can never envision a time when we are similar to what NE or Pitt have been over the past decade or so....good teams that CONSISTENTLY have over .500 records, make it to the playoffs year after year and seriously compete for championships.

No matter what the reason...this year maybe it is Stafford being injured as well as Decker being out and Tate hobbled etc etc.  It really does not matter what the reason is.  Something ALWAYS happens.

We get to the playoffs so infrequently that the botched calls or injuries just stand out more for us because there is zero room for error in the playoffs and we are never there.

I have said it before and will keep saying it.  They need a playoff WIN AND at minimum a playoff return 2 years in a row for me to START to buy back in.  Until then I will continue to root for them, but am going to lol when they do something or a ref blows a call because that is just what happens and I refuse to let it ruin my days anymore.

Apathy.  I have heard it is the worst thing that can happen to a franchises base...I am not so sure because I still watch....I will still go to a game once in awhile just to go...how is that hurting the franchise?

It is almost like dumping an old GF and then still being friends with her.  You dumped all the baggage of having to deal with their crap and just enjoy the moments of interaction knowing you can walk away and not have to deal with the crap that comes with daily life.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, John_Brian_K said:

The beginning of the mudslide begins this weekend!  lol  We go from looking pretty darn good to looking like a JV team once again.  No matter the reason...this is SOL.

T&P is the biggest I can think of, but to any others who always say 'this team has nothing to do with the teams of the past the SOL stuff is garbage!' how long do you have to keep watching the same thing year after year before you buy in?

I can never envision a time when we are similar to what NE or Pitt have been over the past decade or so....good teams that CONSISTENTLY have over .500 records, make it to the playoffs year after year and seriously compete for championships.

No matter what the reason...this year maybe it is Stafford being injured as well as Decker being out and Tate hobbled etc etc.  It really does not matter what the reason is.  Something ALWAYS happens.

We get to the playoffs so infrequently that the botched calls or injuries just stand out more for us because there is zero room for error in the playoffs and we are never there.

I have said it before and will keep saying it.  They need a playoff WIN AND at minimum a playoff return 2 years in a row for me to START to buy back in.  Until then I will continue to root for them, but am going to lol when they do something or a ref blows a call because that is just what happens and I refuse to let it ruin my days anymore.

Apathy.  I have heard it is the worst thing that can happen to a franchises base...I am not so sure because I still watch....I will still go to a game once in awhile just to go...how is that hurting the franchise?

It is almost like dumping an old GF and then still being friends with her.  You dumped all the baggage of having to deal with their crap and just enjoy the moments of interaction knowing you can walk away and not have to deal with the crap that comes with daily life.

Just to be clear, you are hammering them for losing a game that they have yet to play?

The thing that's always missing from these types of posts are the return posts when what you prognosticate doesn't happen. If Lions win this game, you won't be on here saying, boy was I wrong on this... you will be on here saying this changes nothing, and next time they lose you will get back up on your high horse. The team has gone from being a laughing stock to making the playoffs 2/3 years with the current HC, and 1/1 years with the current GM. If you keep waiting for them to look silly, eventually you will be right, but that seems like an awful sports life. 

Edited by hardyaf
expanded my thought

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, hardyaf said:

Just to be clear, you are hammering them for losing a game that they have yet to play?

I am hammering them because they are going to get smoked Sunday and I am just preparing myself for it...and oh yeah it is not that hard to find reasons to hammer the Lions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, John_Brian_K said:

I am hammering them because they are going to get smoked Sunday and I am just preparing myself for it...and oh yeah it is not that hard to find reasons to hammer the Lions.

So yes? I think you should have just saved that post for after the game. Wouldn't have looked so ridiculous if they do lose. Or especially if they win.

Since I ninja-edited you, here was my edit from before:

The thing that's always missing from these types of posts are the return posts when what you prognosticate doesn't happen. If Lions win this game, you won't be on here saying, boy was I wrong on this... you will be on here saying this changes nothing, and next time they lose you will get back up on your high horse. The team has gone from being a laughing stock to making the playoffs 2/3 years with the current HC, and 1/1 years with the current GM. If you keep waiting for them to look silly, eventually you will be right, but that seems like an awful sports life. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×