Sign in to follow this  
kgeorge78

Martavis Bryant - Why not??

I'd do it. Need a WR with his skill set badly. It's the Patriots way as well. Take guys like Moss/Blount, etc. Either they get it, or you cut them. 

I don't think the Steelers want to move him, do they?
If he were available I can see Chicago picking him up

Tomlin says they aren’t trading him. But he says it in a way that seems geared toward getting teams to improve their offers.

2 hours ago, djhutch said:

Low risk, high reward.  If you can get him cheap, do it.

Ditto this... I'd take him for a 6th or 7th in a heart beat.

3 hours ago, Buddha said:

we have a nice shiny eric ebron they can have.

That would be perfect

I would do this in a heartbeat...I'd go down to a 3rd rounder for Martavis Bryant.  The guy is spectacular.  Not this year, but 2 years ago before the suspension he was lights out.  And, he will be again, just got off to a slow start.  I don't think the Steelers' GM, the great Kevin Colbert, would be dumb enough to part with Bryant.  Colbert, you may recall, was the Lions Pro Scouting Director during one of their best decades (the 1990s).

Bryant isn't a TE.

He sat out all last year because of drug problems (not the first time in the penalty box).  The Steelers stood by him. He got another chance, came back, and now acts like a selfish *****.

Great talent. Not too smart apparently.

• Like 1

On 10/26/2017 at 1:41 AM, azzurri said:

I would do this in a heartbeat...I'd go down to a 3rd rounder for Martavis Bryant.  The guy is spectacular.  Not this year, but 2 years ago before the suspension he was lights out.  And, he will be again, just got off to a slow start.  I don't think the Steelers' GM, the great Kevin Colbert, would be dumb enough to part with Bryant.  Colbert, you may recall, was the Lions Pro Scouting Director during one of their best decades (the 1990s).

765 yards is lights out? 

4 hours ago, Keepleyland2 said:

765 yards is lights out? 

Bryant did that in 11 games.  Extrapolate out to 16 games and he got 73 catches for 1113 yards.  He would've been the Lions leading receiver in 2016, and only 100 yards behind Calvin Johnson in 2015.

I don't think he is enough of an upgrade, not to mention the suspension risk, to displace Tate,Jones,Jones or Golladay. Marvin has balled out two games in a row, TJ is becoming something and we are invested in Golladay. Spend your resources elsewhere, like Dareus god dammit...

20 hours ago, azzurri said:

Bryant did that in 11 games.  Extrapolate out to 16 games and he got 73 catches for 1113 yards.  He would've been the Lions leading receiver in 2016, and only 100 yards behind Calvin Johnson in 2015.

OK. Still don't think that's lights out. Especially when you consider in those 11 games he had 3 games over 100.