Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Deleterious

Rutgers vs Michigan - 10/28/17

Recommended Posts

      Rutgers 3-4 (2-2) vs Michigan 5-2 (2-2)

Dhjlgdn.gifnHPUn2i.png

October 28th, 2017 @ 12PM ET

Live from Michigan Stadium in Ann Arbor, Michigan

E3K0hIJ.jpg

TV: 8Zq9iXf.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Buddha said:

the penn state game killed mickey.

I think it may have. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

O'Korn starting again.

Get ready for Speight to start next year and Peters to transfer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Buddha said:

O'Korn starting again.

Get ready for Speight to start next year and Peters to transfer.

If that happens, so be it. 

I want to see Peters, too, because I think it can have value for the future. That said, I don’t know how much value. And I guess I’m willing to defer to the coaching staff regarding which quarterback gives the team the best chance to win. I think there is value in winning as many games as possible, even if the championship isn’t possible. 

A loss to a team other than Wisconsin or osu would be bad. I don’t think this team can afford to end this season 7-5. 

If we go out there and beat the snot out of Rutgers in the first half, I think we will see Peters. 

If Peters is better and he’s not getting the call, then I could see him being pissed off. But if he isn’t as good right now, it’s hard to say if he would feel wronged by not being given a shot against Rutgers or the like. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Buddha said:

O'Korn starting again.

That frees up my Saturday afternoon for raking leaves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Please return, Mickey.

Yes, we need some of that optimism in here. PSU got lucky that the Michigan D had an off day. After that big run, barkley didn’t do much. We should have had that pick six in the end zone. Ohio State and Wisconsin haven’t defeated anyone good yet this year. 

Michigan will finish 10-2, tying for first in the division at 6-2, winning the tiebreak, and will beat Wisconsin for a second time in the big ten championship game. 

We will lose a nail biter to Alabama in the playoff, though, due to some flukes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Euphdude said:

That frees up my Saturday afternoon for raking leaves.

Harbaugh didn't release the fury of 100 suns when asked about the QBs. I think Peters will get some drives, maybe even 1 or 2 in the first half.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Who is the Drizzle? said:

Harbaugh didn't release the fury of 100 suns when asked about the QBs. I think Peters will get some drives, maybe even 1 or 2 in the first half.

I think I agree with this. It’s a lot less of a “big deal” if he just says o’korn will start, even if he intends to give peters equal playing time or even the majority of playing time. He could be telling them in prep right now that both are going to play in this game. 

He had that weird moment after the press conference was over the other day where he came back and volunteered the information that peters was going to enter near the end of the game.

If he was simply sticking with OKorn and leaving peters on the bench for mopup duty at best, why bother inserting Peters further into the conversation?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Who is the Drizzle? said:

Harbaugh didn't release the fury of 100 suns when asked about the QBs. I think Peters will get some drives, maybe even 1 or 2 in the first half.

just cause o'korn is starting doesnt mean he'll play the whole game.  i too could see peters getting some snaps.

maybe that will bring mickey back?  brandon peters stepping on the field like jesus laying hands on lazarus as mickey rises from the couch he's been under for the last week...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/25/2017 at 10:09 AM, Buddha said:

O'Korn starting again.

Get ready for Speight to start next year and Peters to transfer.

I'm REALLY bummed to hear this. It just confirms that Peters was WAY overrated coming out of high school (at least according to the Michigan coaching staff). If he can't beat out a senior (O'Korn) when the team has no hope for a B10 championship or playoff birth, after having been on the team for 18 months, then he must not have developed much. He was highly rated coming out of HS. I hope Dylan Mac is the real deal, otherwise Michigan could be in some REAL trouble at the QB position for years to come.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it's more of a QB development issue than a talent issue.  UM hasn't developed a good QB from the ground up since Henne.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/25/2017 at 1:28 PM, Buddha said:

just cause o'korn is starting doesnt mean he'll play the whole game.  i too could see peters getting some snaps.

maybe that will bring mickey back?  brandon peters stepping on the field like jesus laying hands on lazarus as mickey rises from the couch he's been under for the last week...

I hope so! It would be nice to see Peters show some real potential this season. Especially if he can create some excitement in spite of the Oline and WR's not particularly playing that well this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Euphdude said:

I think it's more of a QB development issue than a talent issue.  UM hasn't developed a good QB from the ground up since Henne.

Harbaugh was suppose to be a QB's coach though. (i.e. Luck and Kaep)  Hopefully he is just taking his time in the development.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, belcherboy said:

Harbaugh was suppose to be a QB's coach though. (i.e. Luck and Kaep)  Hopefully he is just taking his time in the development.

Maybe.  The porous OL might be part of the reason why Peters hasn't seen any action as well.

I think there's a bit of an institutional problem at UM, which loves to relish in the glory days of old and has a sense-of-entitlement issue.  Harbaugh needs to get his program to think and play like underdogs fighting for their lives.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Euphdude said:

Maybe.  The porous OL might be part of the reason why Peters hasn't seen any action as well.

I think there's a bit of an institutional problem at UM, which loves to relish in the glory days of old and has a sense-of-entitlement issue.  Harbaugh needs to get his program to think and play like underdogs fighting for their lives.

That porous OL shouldn't matter when playing a team like Rutgers though. Peters not starting has to be because Harbaugh does not see much potential in this kid. O'Korn is a senior, so there is literally no other reason to start him against a team like Rutgers, with the team already having two conference losses IMO. That is why I think Peters will be gone by January...even if he gets a few minutes of PT this season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, belcherboy said:

That porous OL shouldn't matter when playing a team like Rutgers though. Peters not starting has to be because Harbaugh does not see much potential in this kid. That is why I think Peters will be gone by January...even if he gets a few minutes of PT this season. 

I"m not taking Rutgers for granted.  It's going to be a closer game than is being anticipated, mainly because we have an offense that's as poor as RichRod's was during his first year.

That said -- I think we should start Peters the rest of the season.  O'Korn is filler, and we aren't going to win the Big 10.  It has turned into the rebuilding season we originally thought it would be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Euphdude said:

I"m not taking Rutgers for granted.  It's going to be a closer game than is being anticipated, mainly because we have an offense that's as poor as RichRod's was during his first year.

That said -- I think we should start Peters the rest of the season.  O'Korn is filler, and we aren't going to win the Big 10.  It has turned into the rebuilding season we originally thought it would be.

I'll take them for granted. I mean, they did lose to Eastern Michigan who is among the worst teams in the MAC this year. They've gotten a few wins the past few weeks, but even with this lousy offense at Michigan, they should beat Rutgers by 3+ TD's. That is why Peters starting should be an easy decision in my mind. I'm not at practice, nor do I see football the way that Jimmy and the boys see it, so I just assume they know better than me, but I think starting O'Korn this weekend speaks VOLUMES of their opinions about Peters.  I'm not sure Peters will be able to shake that enough to stick around in Ann Arbor past January. Just my two cents.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/25/2017 at 10:09 AM, Buddha said:

O'Korn starting again.

Get ready for Speight to start next year and Peters to transfer.

Gads, Harbaugh has struck out on QBs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×