Sign in to follow this  
RJBBREZ

QB change

After tonight, UM is out of the running realistically for the B10 title this year.  IMO Harbaugh has to play Brandon Peters going forward.  Kind of like what msu had to do last year, granted UM isnt as bad as msu was last year, but there is no benefit to plahying O'korn anymore.  He is a garbage 5th year senior, who probably shouldnt have played anyway but JH trusted him as an upperclassmen.  But it's time for Peters.  Time for Kareem Walker too.  Play as many young guys as you can and get them ready.  The defense will be great next year.  Despite crumbling tonight i think they are still a top 10 d this year.  If UM had even an average QB they would be undefeated with the defense they have.   Time for Harbaugh to earn his $$.  No more pee wee offense.  Go Blue.  

3 hours ago, RJBBREZ said:

After tonight, UM is out of the running realistically for the B10 title this year.  IMO Harbaugh has to play Brandon Peters going forward.  Kind of like what msu had to do last year, granted UM isnt as bad as msu was last year, but there is no benefit to plahying O'korn anymore.  He is a garbage 5th year senior, who probably shouldnt have played anyway but JH trusted him as an upperclassmen.  But it's time for Peters.  Time for Kareem Walker too.  Play as many young guys as you can and get them ready.  The defense will be great next year.  Despite crumbling tonight i think they are still a top 10 d this year.  If UM had even an average QB they would be undefeated with the defense they have.   Time for Harbaugh to earn his $$.  No more pee wee offense.  Go Blue.  

Pep Hamilton needs to go. He has been awful everywhere he goes. Why is he collecting so much money?

6 hours ago, MAROTH4MVP said:

Pep Hamilton needs to go. He has been awful everywhere he goes. Why is he collecting so much money?

Ponzi scheme of some kind?   

I doubt they switch quarterbacks.   Gotta prove to everyone he was right until it kills him.  

I agree that I would like to see Peters now. I can't blame Harbaugh for playing O'Korn up to this point in the season. Before the PSU game, the team still had a chance in the conference and you have to go with the experienced player. Plus I am not going to have a guy start his first game as a freshman last night. But now that dream is over and the goal is to do what's best for the program moving forward.  

Honestly I thought O'Korn was a serviceable QB last night, and the offense is better than it looked the past two weeks. A combination of awful weather and ultra-conservative playcalling didn't give him much of a chance for the MSU and Indiana games. But there is no way Michigan wins last night simply by replacing one player. The defense was shredded and the O-line was brutal. That offensive line is the biggest worry to me moving forward, no matter who is under center.  

I just don't think it's in Harbaugh's DNA to go with the younger QB.  Schembechler, Moeller, Carr .. the lot of them went with experience.  Harbaugh is from their school.  As much as I'd like to see Peters get reps so he's not completely green next year, I just don't see it happening .. barring injury.

7 minutes ago, djhutch said:

I just don't think it's in Harbaugh's DNA to go with the younger QB.  Schembechler, Moeller, Carr .. the lot of them went with experience.  Harbaugh is from their school.  As much as I'd like to see Peters get reps so he's not completely green next year, I just don't see it happening .. barring injury.

I think it's pride and stubbornness.   He planted his flag after the spring game that this kid was NOT going to play and barring an injury to J.O.K. that's how it's going to remain.   I hope he surprises me.    Peters does need to get some game experience as soon as possible even if he is slotted to be McCaffrey's backup.    I have no idea how Speight factors into all this with broken vertebrae.   I heard that and I wondered if he'd ever play again.  

2 hours ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

I think it is far more likely that Harbaugh believed (and may still believe) Splight and O'Korn were/are better than Peters.

You Splight be correct.

2 hours ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

I think it is far more likely that Harbaugh believed (and may still believe) Splight and O'Korn were/are better than Peters.

Which doesn't make me hopeful for next season.

I think if Peters doesn't get some meaningful PT he transfers.

You are probably right on both counts.

I just simply was addressing the suggestion Harbaugh didn't play Peters because he is stubborn.  That seems unlikely to me.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

That is horrible.

Horrible puns are a sign of horrible intelligence.

What a let down.  I can deal with losses, even ones as bad as last week as long as the program is going somewhere or has direcion.  Playing O'korn gets them nowhere.  Great, he will beat Rutgers (maybe) but what does it matter.  Next Spring the program will have the same problem as this spring,  young QB's with potential and Speight.  And we all know now that he will go with Speight.   Why recruit these talented kids to have them ride the bench and gain 0 experienc?  I have defended Harbaugh on about everything, but I cant do it anymore.  For the first time in years (even the RR/Hoke years) I don't even know what time they play tomorrow.  I checked out this week, I coulldnt read anymore b.s. articles with b.s. quotes from JH.  I am just burnt out and there is no reason to be optimistic about the team anymore.  Next season will be the same old ****.  Good/solid defense, atrocius offense with 6 different running backs and an awful OL.   Okay....end rant.  Sorry to anyone who reads this.  Im just frustrated obviously. 

On 10/23/2017 at 11:29 AM, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

You are probably right on both counts.

I just simply was addressing the suggestion Harbaugh didn't play Peters because he is stubborn.  That seems unlikely to me.

I think that's most likely the reason though.  2 possessions in and its clear peters is head and shoulders better than okorn.  Harbaugh screwed up due to his stubbornness. 

3 drives- 3 touchdowns. Entire offense looks smoother and more cohesive.  Anyone who says "It's just Rutgers" can watch most of this first half and see they probably would have lost to them at the rate they were going.  O'korn is one of the worst QB's ive seen play at UM in my lifetime and Harbaugh was way too stubborn on this. 

But anyways, I am so happy right now.  Peters has rejuvenated the team.  Besides him, other youngsters like Kareem Walker, Nico Collins, and Aubrey Solomon have played today and played well.  Youth movement baby, and with two losses I am entirely on board.  These kids haave talent, get them ready for next season while still having some big games this year (Wisconsin, Ohio State).  #GoBlue. 

1 hour ago, RJBBREZ said:

3 drives- 3 touchdowns. Entire offense looks smoother and more cohesive.  Anyone who says "It's just Rutgers" can watch most of this first half and see they probably would have lost to them at the rate they were going.  O'korn is one of the worst QB's ive seen play at UM in my lifetime and Harbaugh was way too stubborn on this. 

But anyways, I am so happy right now.  Peters has rejuvenated the team.  Besides him, other youngsters like Kareem Walker, Nico Collins, and Aubrey Solomon have played today and played well.  Youth movement baby, and with two losses I am entirely on board.  These kids haave talent, get them ready for next season while still having some big games this year (Wisconsin, Ohio State).  #GoBlue. 

Did you see Stephen Threet? Tate Forcier? Demetrius Brown? O'korn is bad, but I'm not sure he's bottom of the barrel bad. 

3 hours ago, T&P_Fan said:

I think that's most likely the reason though.  2 possessions in and its clear peters is head and shoulders better than okorn.  Harbaugh screwed up due to his stubbornness. 

What did Harbaugh screw up?  JOK had his first action against Purdue and played very well and they won big. 

Any HC would have played JOK against MSU.  

The other loss against PSU would have been a loss with Peters too.

So I'm really not sure how the two losses can be blamed on bad HC decisions WRT to JOK v. Peters.

3 hours ago, stanpapi said:

Did you see Stephen Threet? Tate Forcier? Demetrius Brown? O'korn is bad, but I'm not sure he's bottom of the barrel bad. 

When was Demetrius Brown QB? Can't say that I ever watched him, but the others I did.  At no time did I ever see them coddled so bad that on downs like 2nd and 18 did they have to run a draw play because they were so bad.  Sheridan maybe was worse but he was in the qb friendly spread where the coach made all the reads for him.  So atleast they could move the ball and get first downs.  But O'korn couldnt get first downs.  He  couldn't progress through his first read without panic. 0 Td's and 6 Int's when starting for UM.  When guys were open he couldnt hit them, like today's INT and numerous others over the past few weeks.  I was at the IU game and he missed so many easy throws it was sad.  Even the simplest of throws the guy struggles with.  So yeah, when I add it all up, he is the worst ive watched in years or tied for the worst with Nick Sheridan.  

EDIT: Just looked it up.  When Brown was QB I was 3 years old. So my original statment stands. He's bottom of the barrel awful. 

Edited by RJBBREZ
Research

I mean, Demetrius Brown threw 7 INT"s in a single game.  So O'Korn probably has a little wiggle room.  

1 hour ago, sabretooth said:

What did Harbaugh screw up?  JOK had his first action against Purdue and played very well and they won big. 

Any HC would have played JOK against MSU.  

The other loss against PSU would have been a loss with Peters too.

So I'm really not sure how the two losses can be blamed on bad HC decisions WRT to JOK v. Peters.

We aren't there for practice so who really knows what Harbaugh saw in O'korn.  But if what we saw today is any indication, no O'korn shouldnt have started against msu.  Given the talent discrepency and the fact that it was a home game, it most definitely should have been Peters.  And I'd bet both my kidneys he wouldn't have thrown 5 Int's and gift wrapped a victory for dantonio.    You may be right about the psu loss, but the team looked 10x better today without O'Korn.  Maybe they would have last week too. 

I think the area he definitely screwed up in was starting O'Korn today.  No way he should have even sniffed the field after the loss last week.They are out of contention and playing a ****ty 5th year senior in no way benefits the program.  That was stubbornness.  And I don't get why.   I don't Peters is a savior or anything, I just think O'Korn is that freaking bad.  His teammates knew it too, and you could see it in their play today once he was removed.  

12 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

I mean, Demetrius Brown threw 7 INT"s in a single game.  So O'Korn probably has a little wiggle room.  

Johnny football O'korn threw 5.  He was also on his way to losing to freaking Rutgers before he was saved by Peters. 

2 minutes ago, RJBBREZ said:

We aren't there for practice so who really knows what Harbaugh saw in O'korn.  But if what we saw today is any indication, no O'korn shouldnt have started against msu.  Given the talent discrepency and the fact that it was a home game, it most definitely should have been Peters.  And I'd bet both my kidneys he wouldn't have thrown 5 Int's and gift wrapped a victory for dantonio.    You may be right about the psu loss, but the team looked 10x better today without O'Korn.  Maybe they would have last week too. 

I think the area he definitely screwed up in was starting O'Korn today.  No way he should have even sniffed the field after the loss last week.They are out of contention and playing a ****ty 5th year senior in no way benefits the program.  That was stubbornness.  And I don't get why.   I don't Peters is a savior or anything, I just think O'Korn is that freaking bad.  His teammates knew it too, and you could see it in their play today once he was removed.  

Putting the individual games aside, the basic point I think you're making is that Harbaugh should put the better QB in the #2 slot, and I agree, and I'm sure Harbaugh would too. 

It seems like Peters is the better QB at this point....whether that was the case 5 weeks ago is another matter entirely.....I don't think that anybody is qualified at this point to make that call. 

Even if Peters tears it up for the balance of the season (which is hardly any kind of given) I doubt that we could extrapolate that he was the better QB at the time of the Purdue game, especially as Peters is in his first year.

4 minutes ago, sabretooth said:

Putting the individual games aside, the basic point I think you're making is that Harbaugh should put the better QB in the #2 slot, and I agree, and I'm sure Harbaugh would too. 

It seems like Peters is the better QB at this point....whether that was the case 5 weeks ago is another matter entirely.....I don't think that anybody is qualified at this point to make that call. 

Even if Peters tears it up for the balance of the season (which is hardly any kind of given) I doubt that we could extrapolate that he was the better QB at the time of the Purdue game, especially as Peters is in his first year.

Peters is technically in his second year but I get what you are saying.  I just think after his performances against msu and IU harbaugh should have made the change. Even more after the psu loss.   I mean that was some god awful football and playing him just wasnt justifiable anymore.  What could Peters have done any worse?  Sorry I'll quit ranting but its really had me scratching my head the past month.  

40 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

7 tds....forever emblazoned in my brain....