Sports_Freak

Cabrera's mistress wants more child support

22 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

His kids should be entitled to the same lifestyle as his other kids.  I don't have a problem with her.  If he doesn't like it then he shouldn't have been stepping out on his wife.      I feel bad for him for what is going on back home in Venezuela and I also wonder about his drinking and if he's slipped there, but I don't have much sympathy for him here.   

No, they're not. They are entitled to regular support for the necessities of life. Anything beyond that is extra.

1 hour ago, holygoat said:

No, they're not. They are entitled to regular support for the necessities of life. Anything beyond that is extra.

Nobody is entitled to wealth including an athlete who is blessed with elite baseball skills.  I think it's fair for the woman to ask for something extra (not for herself but her children) from a wealthy father.  

That might just be the lawyers doing lawyer things.... if he had a doubt why did he pay for so long?  To keep her quiet?

3 hours ago, holygoat said:

Both.

Do you believe this because even if Miggy is the father, they're really her children and not his?

4 hours ago, holygoat said:

why should they get less - they are 50% his kids - just like his other kids.  he need to step up here.     yeah, it's a lot - well, wear a condom or get a vasectomy if you want to play around and not pay for it.     

3 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

why should they get less - they are 50% his kids - just like his other kids.  he need to step up here.     yeah, it's a lot - well, wear a condom or get a vasectomy if you want to play around and not pay for it.     

On the other hand, if Miggy only has to put up a minimum wage payout for the kids, he can father dozens of little bastards all over the place for the monthly amount this lady's asking for.  As long as they're scuffling along on only the money needed for the necessities of life and not a penny more, Miggy can definitely afford to live the life of a true king.

Baseball players personal lives should be that exactly. I could really care less, I’ve never thought of Miggy as a stand up guy between the DUI’s and smacking the **** out of his wife. Sometimes you get great baseball players, sometimes you get great human beings, sometimes you get two in one. Miggy has been a great baseball player, that’s all I really care about. I guess my two cents is that he should step up and take a paternity test, and if it’s his then he should involve himself in the kids life and support him/her. If it’s not his, then obviously he has no responsibility. Again, though, I’m interested in his abilities rather than the soap opera that is his personal life.

A co worker and I were once discussing an older neighborhood in East Dearborn.  In the news a few months ago was a story on a crackdown of a shady doctor handing out opoid prescriptions in bulk.  He mentioned there used to be this old club across the street and back in the 50s and 60s pretty much anybody of note would play there.  All the doo wop guys.  He relayed a story from his mom where she was there as a young lady, like 20, and the Three Stooges were in town.  This was the Curly Joe or Joe Besser era obviously.... and Moe hit on his mom.  He used to sort of wish that Moe was his real dad.

I'd like to hear the opinions of some past Father of the Year award winners, like Evander Holyfield or Calvin Murphy.

There's a famous quote from Steve Garvey's wife in which she says that all baseball players cheat on their wives, and then amends it to say "everybody except Tommy John."

5 minutes ago, Charles Liston said:

I'd like to hear the opinions of some past Father of the Year award winners, like Evander Holyfield or Calvin Murphy.

There's a famous quote from Steve Garvey's wife in which she says that all baseball players cheat on their wives, and then amends it to say "everybody except Tommy John."

That's why he had problems with his elbow.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Cabrera should pay out the nose to this woman. He has the money. They are his kids. 

I feel like if I were in the same position I would be going out of my way to throw as much money as I could at my second family. 

If I had to guess, I would think Miguel would prefer to give this woman what she is seeking. But I suspect that his wife isn’t too pleased with the idea and would prefer that she gets at little as possible. 

16 hours ago, Shelton said:

Cabrera should pay out the nose to this woman. He has the money. They are his kids. 

I feel like if I were in the same position I would be going out of my way to throw as much money as I could at my second family. 

If I had to guess, I would think Miguel would prefer to give this woman what she is seeking. But I suspect that his wife isn’t too pleased with the idea and would prefer that she gets at little as possible. 

it's not like he made a mistake and accidentally fathered one child with his mistress.  He went back to the well twice. This isn't someone who made a bad decision one night while on the road. .  Basically,  he was leading two lives, if he didn't have an open marriage or some other arrangement with this wife.