pfife

Thanks, GOPcare

I guess it is cost efficient when they die before they can rack up too much in the way of medical bills.

Only government run systems care about cost efficiency.    No person has ever been denied by an insurance company.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, pfife said:

Only government run systems care about cost efficiency.    No person has ever been denied by an insurance company.

Why not look at third options?  Like reasonable regulations on pricing of services?  And frankly, harnessing the hidden taxes we pay on the below cost reimbursements of government programs like Medicaid?  

9 hours ago, Melody said:

Why not look at third options?  Like reasonable regulations on pricing of services?  And frankly, harnessing the hidden taxes we pay on the below cost reimbursements of government programs like Medicaid?  

I'm open to anything the government can do to mitigate the health care cost and coverage crisis.  Unfortunately the GOP has whiffed on the chance to do anything about it, so Democrats will have the chance to pick up the ball and be rewarded politically for presenting ideas, feasible or not.

9 minutes ago, Euphdude said:

I'm open to anything the government can do to mitigate the health care cost and coverage crisis.  Unfortunately the GOP has whiffed on the chance to do anything about it, so Democrats will have the chance to pick up the ball and be rewarded politically for presenting ideas, feasible or not.

Sadly, true.  

4 minutes ago, Melody said:

Sadly, true.  

I also think its a reflection of what the GOP feels about health care as an issue, as in they believe it is purely a private sector industry and only those individuals who are "worthy" should be able to take advantage of it.  How one defines "worthy" is somewhat subjective, but in my mind's eye it means individuals who are fortunate enough to be able to afford it.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Euphdude said:

I also think its a reflection of what the GOP feels about health care as an issue, as in they believe it is purely a private sector industry and only those individuals who are "worthy" should be able to take advantage of it.  How one defines "worthy" is somewhat subjective, but in my mind's eye it means individuals who are fortunate enough to be able to afford it.

GOP has no out of the box thinkers.  

4 minutes ago, Melody said:

The GOP right now is beholden to all things Trump, which prohibits them from thinking outside the box.

2 minutes ago, Euphdude said:

The GOP right now is beholden to all things Trump, which prohibits them from thinking outside the box.

Pretty much.

3 minutes ago, Melody said:

Pretty much.

Once the GOP starts to lose power (the process of which has begun), I think they will start to come up with some innovative ideas as before.

9 minutes ago, Euphdude said:

Once the GOP starts to lose power (the process of which has begun), I think they will start to come up with some innovative ideas as before.

Unfortunately the alternative isn’t any better imo.  It is disheartening.  

Just now, Melody said:

Unfortunately the alternative isn’t any better imo.  It is disheartening.  

Medicare for All is a rallying cry for the left, just as The Wall is for the right.  Neither one is happening.

• Thanks 1

Its funny when you damn liars say this bill wasnt debated 

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Melody said:

I believe this (obviously), but specifically wrt health care, I think a big part of it is that Obamacare was their plan, and for solely anti-Obama political reasons, they abandoned it and trashed their own solution.

14 hours ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

When did the right last come up with innovative ideas?

It's all Nancy Reagan's fault. She said 'Just say no -" and they liked that part so well they decided to apply it to everything. That way no thought is required and no mistakes are possible. Of course, no progress is made either, but never mind about that,

Nov 1st I sign up for my last year of Obamacare. (knock on wood) Please don't screw it up in the next ten days. A year from now, I sign up for Medicare. (knock on wood) Please don't screw it up in the next year.

On 9/4/2018 at 10:10 AM, Euphdude said:

It's not just Trump...what's the last 'outside the box' thought?  "Starve the Beast"?   Alright idea that has been overused for what, 30 years now?

15 minutes ago, VegasTiger said:

Nov 1st I sign up for my last year of Obamacare. (knock on wood) Please don't screw it up in the next ten days. A year from now, I sign up for Medicare. (knock on wood) Please don't screw it up in the next year.

Obamacare will be gone some day, but it'll be replaced with something that involves more government involvement.  It was never put in place to improve health care, only to transition it.  Even if republicans would have repealed it, at 'worse' a new similar plan referred to as Trumpcare would have been put back in.

1 minute ago, ewsieg said:

Obamacare will be gone some day, but it'll be replaced with something that involves more government involvement.  It was never put in place to improve health care, only to transition it.  Even if republicans would have repealed it, at 'worse' a new similar plan referred to as Trumpcare would have been put back in.

It was most definitely put in place to improve health care, and it did so.

7 minutes ago, ewsieg said:

It's not just Trump...what's the last 'outside the box' thought?  "Starve the Beast"?   Alright idea that has been overused for what, 30 years now?

“Take away legal protections allowing people with pre-existing conditions” is the most outside the box idea the GOP has come up with lately, and it frankly sucks. 

3 minutes ago, pfife said:

It was most definitely put in place to improve health care, and it did so.

I meant to say improve health care costs.  By forcing people to have insurance (and having historically high insurance coverage rates as a result), you're going to improve health care.  But there was no focus to improve on costs.  There was some argument that more folks in the market would make it better was weak.  I will say that it's too early to really argue if it's overall better or worse for our country.  Still, I don't believe they cared about getting costs under control.  Give folks something and they will freak out if you take it away.  Pushing it through was the real accomplishment (long term) for democrats.