MAROTH4MVP

Detroit Lions and New Orleans Saints

The Saints routed the Lions 45-28 in the wild-card round of the 2011 playoffs but Detroit has won the past three meetings with New Orleans, all during the regular season.

Detroit (3-2) will try to make it four straight at 1 p.m. Sunday at the Superdome.

The Lions won their third straight game over the Saints last December in New Orleans during a five-game winning streak that helped secure Detroit's second playoff berth in three years.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2017/10/detroit_lions_seeking_fourth_s.html

drew-brees-f7972ec445607bb8.jpg

I know they are planning on Stafford playing, but I would start Rudock and give Stafford a chance to take two weeks off with the bye.  I still think the Lions can win this game, but it will be tough.  I would expect the offense to pick up after the bye when they can get Decker and Golladay back.

The Lions have zero chance to win this game if Rudock starts.  This game is too important especially with the Lions having lost last week to give Stafford two weeks to "rest". 

Even If Stafford wasn't 100% healthy, they need him to play in what should be a shootout.  If they were playing a team like the Vikings or Bears, that would be a different story but they need to put up points in this one.

If this team is any good this is a game we win.  We will finish above .500 if we win this game.  If we lose it we will be lucky to win 8 games.

That being said I think they win this game.  Even if Stafford has to come out.  He needs to start it though.  If Rudock has to start it and finish it then I will reevaluate the above statement depending on how the team does without our gunslinger playing.

43 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

A part of me wants to say eat a ****, Eric.

If eating a **** would help him catch a football then he should eat as many as he can.

11 hours ago, Buddha said:

awwww...is eric in the dumps?

ebron talks a lot and never delivers.  he is who he is and he wont be here next year.

If we can get out of his option cleanly at least.

PFF post of the week

The OL certainly sucks, but Wagner and Lang are doing their part. Lang is football's #3 overall guard

A 70 grade is around the cut off where anything lower makes you uncomfortable with a guy starting. Last year, the Lions had 1 DL at 70 or above, Hyder. This year, Zettel, Ansah,Ngata(RIP), Ledbetter and Valoaga are all there with Washington and Robinson close(and higher than anyone last year outside  Hyder)

Whitehead needs an extension now. He's big for us. #9 off ball LB in football

Fells is 10th at TE, Tate 9th at WR. Ebron ranks higher than he ever has as a blocker, both pass and run. Not sure if anything to it.

1 hour ago, Nastradamus said:

PFF post of the week

The OL certainly sucks, but Wagner and Lang are doing their part. Lang is football's #3 overall guard

A 70 grade is around the cut off where anything lower makes you uncomfortable with a guy starting. Last year, the Lions had 1 DL at 70 or above, Hyder. This year, Zettel, Ansah,Ngata(RIP), Ledbetter and Valoaga are all there with Washington and Robinson close(and higher than anyone last year outside  Hyder)

Whitehead needs an extension now. He's big for us. #9 off ball LB in football

Fells is 10th at TE, Tate 9th at WR. Ebron ranks higher than he ever has as a blocker, both pass and run. Not sure if anything to it.

What did Robinson grade out at for LT?

After being very high after the 3-1 start, especially given it should have been 4-0, the loss to Carolina completely took the wind out of my sails.  If they lose this game, I will not be held responsible for the hostages.

SiriusNFL’s Pat Kirwan points out that Stafford has been sacked 18 times, tops in the NFL, and has been sacked every six dropbacks this season. He’s played some tough DLs but this is unsustainable. 

Carson Palmer and Aaron Rodgers have been sacked 19 times....

EDIT: Tyrod Taylor has also been sacked 18 times.

EDIT2: Palmer has only been sacked on 7.7% of his attempts.  Rodgers 9.1%, Stafford 9.4%, then Taylor on 11.7%

21 hours ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

What did Robinson grade out at for LT?

He's in the 30s weekly it seems. They dont' give a weekly breakdown

Having Robinson and Glasgow makes one side of the line terrible, that also means all the help has to go to one side so we can't do anything to the right. Decker coming back would be massive for this team.

In the mean time they have to try to throw downfield even if it gets the QB killed. All of the short dump offs to Riddick and Tate are disappearing because defenses don't worry about anything over the top.

10 minutes ago, pyrotigers said:

Having Robinson and Glasgow makes one side of the line terrible, that also means all the help has to go to one side so we can't do anything to the right. Decker coming back would be massive for this team.

In the mean time they have to try to throw downfield even if it gets the QB killed. All of the short dump offs to Riddick and Tate are disappearing because defenses don't worry about anything over the top.

Swanson grades as bad as Robinson too. Those 3 and MJJ all rate lower than Ebron, who ranks poorly, but probably more in the functional backup range than true disaster. TJ Jones ranks as a functional starter fwiw. Just throwing some more info out there. The offense is in rough shape. Decker can help, but its not quite enough. They maybe shoulda kept a FB over a Tion Green