Sign in to follow this  
LooseGoose

Spartans in the NBA/ProBB

Former Michigan State players in professional basketball

You know about Draymond Green, Zach Randolph and Gary Harris – former Michigan State stars who have found success in the NBA. 

But there's a host of other former Spartans players still taking to the hardwood around the world, on nearly every continent. 

Here's a look at the former Spartans players on rosters, as professional basketball seasons begin around the world this month:

Former Michigan State forward Gavin Schilling heads to Germany to begin pro career

Former Michigan State forward Gavin Schilling is heading back to where it all started to begin his professional basketball career.

Schilling has signed a two-year professional contract to play for ratiopharm Ulm in Germany's Bundeslinga basketball league, the team announced on Friday.

"I chose Ulm because I feel good in the south," Schilling said in a translated press release of the team based in Ulm, in southern Germany. "In addition, I'm a fan of Thorsten Leibenath's system I think, because I fit in very well."

Pistons Summer League roster making big impression

Matt Costello is doing himself favors with his play in Summer League. He had his best game, with 20 points and eight rebounds on Monday. After playing overseas and in the G-League, Costello could be drawing some more eyes to his game by being a steady defender, solid pick-and-roll option and good rebounder. At 6-foot-10, Costello can be an effective role player for a team and if a team takes a chance on him, it could pay off. He’s showing for the Pistons that he’s their best big man and can run the offense efficiently.

More at the link........

The Five Most Intriguing Second-Year Players at NBA Summer League

Miles Bridges, Hornets

Bridges, the no. 12 pick in last year’s draft, slipped under the radar as a rookie. The Hornets were making an all-out push for the playoffs behind Kemba Walker, so they didn’t have time to develop him; he was only 15th among rookies in minutes per game (21.2). Bridges showed flashes of talent: He’s an extremely athletic wing with the size (6-foot-7 and 225 pounds) to defend multiple positions, and who shot 3s just well enough (32.5 percent on 2.5 attempts per game) to play off the ball on offense. He just didn’t get a chance to show more.