lordstanley

10/05/2017 Game 1 Wild At Red Wings 7:30PM

Watched some of the game.  Embarrassing for the wings to have an empty house for the first game of a new stadium. 
What happened?  There was no one there.  Someone messed up.  Tickets should have been free if people weren't gonna show up. 

Lots of people were in the concourse checking things out and in the beer garden. Also between the blue lines are apparently "club" seats with free food and drinks in the club connected to the seats so people were taking advantage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone heard whether fans, regardless of their game seats, can go down to the glass during pre-game to watch the warm-up? That's one of my favorite parts of the game day experience, and was allowed at the Joe as it still is at Rogers Arena in Vancouver. But I've heard it's not allowed at some rinks like Montreal and Toronto.

I don't know if they are still allowing that at the LCA. Personally, I'd rather go up to the pressbox window and heckle Kenny.

I don't know if they are still allowing that at the LCA. Personally, I'd rather go up to the pressbox window and heckle Kenny.
Would it be misogynist of me to go up to the pressbox window and heckle Helene St. James?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Would it be misogynist of me to go up to the pressbox window and heckle Helene St. James?

You two are basically heckling the same person

• Like 1

6 hours ago, drownwithyou said:

You two are basically heckling the same person

Ha, so true!

Yeah it was half full.  I blame marketing.  I also know that since it is a beautiful new stadium that many people were most likely walking around taking it all in.  The game was secondary to a lot of people I am sure.

Good game though.  This team does not receive the puck as well as past teams.  Crisp passes with a soft receiver...I am not seeing a lot of that.  I think that is a big part of the issue with the team.

8 hours ago, lordstanley said:

She is the biggest parrot in town. I don't actually think St. James writes her own articles, rather she just puts her name on a fax from the organization and has it published.

14 hours ago, drownwithyou said:

Lots of people were in the concourse checking things out and in the beer garden. Also between the blue lines are apparently "club" seats with free food and drinks in the club connected to the seats so people were taking advantage.

Activities in the concourse combined with what's likely to be a poor product will result in lots of empty seats.

Additionally, new stadiums are no longer a novelty, as we've had 3 open over the past 20 years (4 over the past 40 years if you include the Palace).  I know I have no desire to see LCA anytime soon -- especially with how much tickets, parking, and concessions would cost for my family of 5.