Extras: Ouellet, Witkowski

4 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

Per Ansar Khan's Twitter:

Same lines for #RedWings:

Tatar-Zetterberg-Nyquist

Mantha-Larkin-Frk

Abdelkader-Nielsen-Helm

Booth-Sheahan-Glendening

i mean, that doesn't look terrible? A little weak on the bottom half wings.

(please don't post the defense pairings)

Just now, Who is the Drizzle? said:

i mean, that doesn't look terrible? A little weak on the bottom half wings.

(please don't post the defense pairings)

Worst d in the league, IMO.

Really only 3 NHL defensemen, in DeK, Daley and Green. And Green likely will be gone at the deadline.

Regular season hockey.  This will be nice to see...new arena is about all I can be excited about though.  This team is not going to be good.  I will still watch.

1 minute ago, lordstanley said:

Worst d in the league, IMO.

Really only 3 NHL defensemen, in DeK, Daley and Green. And Green likely will be gone at the deadline.

Jensen seemed okay as a young 3rd line defenseman? But Kronwall and Ericsson are in the lineup, so.....yeah. And none of those 3 belong in a top pairing really.

2 minutes ago, John_Brian_K said:

Regular season hockey.  This will be nice to see...new arena is about all I can be excited about though.  This team is not going to be good.  I will still watch.

i'll be watching too. should be lots of energy, and i like Daniels/Redmond, even if just as background noise.

happy Verday, happy opening night!

1 minute ago, Who is the Drizzle? said:

i'll be watching too. should be lots of energy, and i like Daniels/Redmond, even if just as background noise.

happy Verday, happy opening night!

Red Wings, Playoff baseball and TNF on tonight.  I will be doing plenty of channel surfing tonight.

Just now, drownwithyou said:

A thread for a single game, fancy!

I'm very scared to see top pairing Daley-DeKeyser in action but yay hockey.

LOL, I was going to say, I'm sure this is only the game all season that will justify having its own thread.

• Like 1

Any of you all planning on going to the new arena this year?  I had thoughts of flying out for a game with my wife, but with our home purchase the savings just aren't there to justify it.  Plus some of those prices are pretty wild.  I definitely want to make it out in the next couple of years but I don't think we can do the inaugural season.

2 minutes ago, drownwithyou said:

Any of you all planning on going to the new arena this year?  I had thoughts of flying out for a game with my wife, but with our home purchase the savings just aren't there to justify it.  Plus some of those prices are pretty wild.  I definitely want to make it out in the next couple of years but I don't think we can do the inaugural season.

I thought I'd fly home for one more game at the Joe but then never felt the urge to. I would like to see a game at the LCA but won't make a trip home specifically for that. Most of my trips to Sarnia are in the summer these days but I can see a weekend in January as a possibility. I'm training to run the 60 or so miles from Sarnia to Detroit at some point next year starting before sunrise, ending either at LCA or Comerica for a game. May need until June to be ready and I don't expect the Wings to still be playing then!

Incidentally, Vancouver's Rogers Arena opened in 1995 and is now the 7th oldest building in the NHL.

6 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

I'm training to run the 60 or so miles from Sarnia to Detroit

I collapsed in exhaustion just reading this holy cow.

11 minutes ago, drownwithyou said:

I am, but not for a Wings game.  Disney on Ice baby!  lol  Bought the tickets a few weeks ago for next week.  I will try to get tickets later in the year for sports.  I would REALLY like to hit a Wings game and then a Pistons game to see the difference (if any) between the 2.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

I thought I'd fly home for one more game at the Joe but then never felt the urge to. I would like to see a game at the LCA but won't make a trip home specifically for that. Most of my trips to Sarnia are in the summer these days but I can see a weekend in January as a possibility. I'm training to run the 60 or so miles from Sarnia to Detroit at some point next year starting before sunrise, ending either at LCA or Comerica for a game. May need until June to be ready and I don't expect the Wings to still be playing then!

Incidentally, Vancouver's Rogers Arena opened in 1995 and is now the 7th oldest building in the NHL.

That sounds like a really cool thing to do.  If you are a runner.  Something similar on a bike for me sounds like fun and something to do to push yourself.  Later in life for me.  I barely have the energy to get through a day with the kiddies.

I don't think they have the worst DEFENSIVE defence.   I think they have the worst Transitional defence and a very bad offensive defense. 

Did someone take Suter to the Joe Louis Arena earlier today so he could find his jock that Pavel stole from him three years ago?