RedRamage

NFL Random Thread

Just a spot for quick little things that may not be on the own thread worthy...

To start with:  Anyone else think the new Rams helmets look really odd when they still have gold in the uniforms?

gurley_power_640.jpg

Yes.  I thought that right away as well and thought the game I was watching it was just a special one game thing or something.  It looks awful.  One or the other.

I kept trying to figure out what it reminded me of because it had this sorta "I've seen this before" look... and then it dawned on me today.  It looks like the Pro-Bowl where the uniforms aren't intended to make the helmets:

gettyimages-633057064.jpg

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2017/10/03/ameer-abdullah-shares-hate-letters-from-angry-fans-about-the-anthem-protests-photos/

"Hate letters"...I read them expecting to be shocked and appalled again having to try and defend a crazy persons right to be upset just like the players are upset..., but there was no hate in any of them...minus the dude who said he hated that Abdullah made millions and he did not and worked in an urban ER.

Guys I don't link a lot of stories here - and this isn't as much an NFL story as it is a life story.   But what a story with a pretty wild "holy ****" moment in the middle of it.   A really great read.

Runs in the Family

Kansas City Chiefs running backs coach Deland McCullough went searching for his biological parents. He found them where he never would have expected.

17 minutes ago, LooseGoose said:

Guys I don't link a lot of stories here - and this isn't as much an NFL story as it is a life story.   But what a story with a pretty wild "holy ****" moment in the middle of it.   A really great read.

Runs in the Family

bizarre. 

Don't ya just love stories like that. My brother in law who is adopted went to North Dakota and found his biological family through ancestry DNA.

Couple of big comebacks already in week one.

Browns, nearly comeback to win against Pitts, instead just settle for a tie.  Ben throws 3 interceptions, plus has two fumbles.  OUCH!

Bears hold a 20-3 lead going into the 4th quarter, but allow GB to score three times in the last frame.  Bears only get one FG themselves in the 4th and the Pack wins by one point.

7 minutes ago, RedRamage said:

Browns, nearly comeback to win against Pitts, instead just settle for a tie.  Ben throws 3 interceptions, plus has two fumbles.  OUCH!

No Country for Old Men

29 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

A tie for the Browns is like a 4-game winning streak for other teams.

They finally broke their losing streak...  but their winless streak continues. :)

On a side note: The Lions when had 19 games without a win surrounding their year of despair.  One loss to finish 2007, and two losses to start 2009.

Saquon Barkley putting on a show tonight. Giants are still useless, but Barkley is something else.

The Watt brothers have more sacks between them than half the teams in the NFL.   Plus a third brother is a fullback for the Chargers, talk about having good bloodlines.

IIRC, the Esposito brothers are in the top five for career points among family members in the NHL, and Tony was a goalie.

No wonder these analysts make big $$.

Arians just informed us that Tenn will lose a timeout if they lose a challenge.

Such deep insight.

Random NFL stat of the day.  Tom Brady has more wins in Buffalo than any Buffalo QB does the past 15 years. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RandyMarsh said:

Random NFL stat of the day.  Tom Brady has more wins in Buffalo than any Buffalo QB does the past 15 years. 

that is fantastic.