MAROTH4MVP

Panthers @ Lions on FOX 1pm eastern

1 minute ago, Who is the Drizzle? said:

what she is or isn't doesn't matter.

Which is why you commented. Got it.

This is the problem with media today...and society today really.  Cam did not say anything that deserves any amount of media coverage and certainty does not need to apologize.

And why are we always so quick to 'demand' an apology?  He does not mean it.  Is this really what people care about?  A weird dude making a weak mono tone 'insult' (joke?) to a female?

i don't care what she is or isn't, it doesn't change what cam said. cam newton is the relevant thing here.

Maybe the Lions should get DeAndre Levy out of retirement so he can go all social justice on Cam Newton's you-know-what.

Or maybe Goodell will penalize the Panthers 15 yards after the kickoff for unsportsmanlike conduct on Cam.

3 minutes ago, John_Brian_K said:

This is the problem with media today...and society today really.  Cam did not say anything that deserves any amount of media coverage and certainty does not need to apologize.

And why are we always so quick to 'demand' an apology?  He does not mean it.  Is this really what people care about?  A weird dude making a weak mono tone 'insult' (joke?) to a female?

2 minutes ago, Jason_R said:

Maybe the Lions should get DeAndre Levy out of retirement so he can go all social justice on Cam Newton's you-know-what.

Or maybe Goodell will penalize the Panthers 15 yards after the kickoff for unsportsmanlike conduct on Cam.

cam apologized. maybe we can just move on.

if you don't like the story i don't know why you bring it up after it could be done.

10 minutes ago, Who is the Drizzle? said:

i don't care what she is or isn't, it doesn't change what cam said. cam newton is the relevant thing here.

cam apologized. maybe we can just move on.

if you don't like the story i don't know why you keep bringing it up.

Hey, I'm just trying to help you think of additional ways to publicly humiliate Cam. But if you think he's paid enough, so be it. I don't understand how the penance system works.

1 minute ago, Jason_R said:

Hey, I'm just trying to help you think of additional ways to publicly humiliate Cam. But if you think he's paid enough, so be it. I don't understand how the penance system works.

I don't think Cam should be punished. I thought his apology was great.

I'm just not sure how posting crap about the reporter is relevant to anything.

7 minutes ago, Who is the Drizzle? said:

I don't think Cam should be punished. I thought his apology was great.

I'm just not sure how posting crap about the reporter is relevant to anything.

It is crap that she said, that was just as demeaning as anything Cam said. If she's looking for sympathy, she can get it from you. I have none for her. Again, glass houses, stones, and all of that.

So, let's make Cam lose with his arm on Sunday, and not his mouth.

5 minutes ago, Jason_R said:

It is crap that she said, that was just as demeaning as anything Cam said. If she's looking for sympathy, she can get it from you. I have none for her. Again, glass houses, stones, and all of that.

So, let's make Cam lose with his arm on Sunday, and not his mouth.

If you don’t want to give her any sympathy, that’s fine, but certainly you realize that his comments applied to women in general and not just this single reporter. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Shelton said:

If you don’t want to give her any sympathy, that’s fine, but certainly you realize that his comments applied to women in general and not just this single reporter. 

Her comments applied to black people in general, using cavalierly the most reprehensible word there is to characterize them. Still want to come to her rescue?

17 hours ago, ROMAD1 said:

Cam Newton.  I get that it came across as obnoxious.  But how serious an offense is that?  He was just being a jerk.  Its not John Rocker stuff. 

In an era where the NFL is trying to repair it's image re: women, it's pretty bad when a QB sits up there and basically sayings: "I find it funny when women talk about football because women don't know football... lol."

The manner in which he said it was very dismissive... that ladies should just stay out of the discussion of football cause they just don't get it.

It was stupid and it was sexist and it was NOT what the NFL would want to hear from what of it's higher profile players.

2 minutes ago, RedRamage said:

In an era where the NFL is trying to repair it's image re: women, it's pretty bad when a QB sits up there and basically sayings: "I find it funny when women talk about football because women don't know football... lol."

The manner in which he said it was very dismissive... that ladies should just stay out of the discussion of football cause they just don't get it.

It was stupid and it was sexist and it was NOT what the NFL would want to hear from what of it's higher profile players.

Very well.  

It does violate spartan law.  He got caught. 

3 minutes ago, Jason_R said:

Her comments applied to black people in general, using cavalierly the most reprehensible word there is to characterize them. Still want to come to her rescue?

Found the politically correct guy. 5 year old or something tweet, made in reference to a white guy. So calm your social warrior jets down.

1 minute ago, RedRamage said:

Agreed, by the way. What he said was stupid and insensitive. But he was not hired for his tact or sensitivity. And he was not being hypocritical, he was saying what he really thought, even though it was stupid and insensitive.

But a journalist (or prospective journalist) should know better than to be throwing the "n"-word around on Twitter. 

47 minutes ago, Jason_R said:

She's a brat. Says a bunch of obnoxious and derogatory crap about others, then bitches and moans when it happens to her. 

I'd still hit it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MAROTH4MVP said:

Found the politically correct guy. 5 year old or something tweet, made in reference to a white guy. So calm your social warrior jets down.

Just expecting her to play by the same rules she holds others to. If she's going to shame him, doesn't she deserve the same punishment for the same alleged crime?

Edit: But anyway, how about Devin Funchess's routes?

5 minutes ago, Jason_R said:

Criticizing a stupid comment made from Cam is NOT defending the reporter in question.  I don't know a thing about her.  I don't care about her.  I do care that Cam made a statement dismissive of women and their ability to understand the "complex" subject of football. 

I've got a teen age daughter who is just starting to follow football a little bit.  If I was a Jags fan instead of a Lions fan... how would I explain to her that the guy I root for leading my team on Sunday just basically said if you're a woman, don't bother talking football because you won't get it.

From the "spartan law" business perspective.  He f'd up because he made the product look bad.  He lacked the savvy to keep his limbic brain from saying a stupid thing. 

While you debate Social warrior topics, can we discuss the game. I like sports because it isn't politics.

The Bryant situation is interesting. I wonder who the Lions will cut. I've see The 2 backup DE listed as possible and zenner or Green. The alternative is to cut Bryant for being an idiot. He can't go very long without being suspended so they need a backup plan if they keep him.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jason_R said:

Just expecting her to play by the same rules she holds others to. If she's going to shame him, doesn't she deserve the same punishment for the same alleged crime?

I think Lions did pretty well against the Giants big WR. It's a tough matchup for Funchess.

I think Lions did pretty well against the Giants big WR. It's a tough matchup for Funchess.

Someone will have to worry about McCaffery out of the backfield, but our safeties have been the best in the NFL so far.

13 minutes ago, Jason_R said:

she's not the only person impacted by his comments tho.

it's not just her vs. him. if he said your social media posts from 5 years ago are terrible, i'm not answering your question, then it would be.

57 minutes ago, John_Brian_K said:

I hate discussing politics/sexism etc. because these are debates that usually go in circles and end up nowhere but I felt the need to comment on this.

I do think that society is way too PC nowadays.  However, that is absolutely the wrong platform for Cam to say something like that joke or not.  There's a time and a place for that, at a press conference is not that place. This isn't surprising coming from him, not the brightest blub.

With that said, he apologized (whether it was genuine or not is up for debate) so hopefully everybody can move on and focus on football.

24 minutes ago, Jason_R said:

I’m not sure why it is so hard for you understand that cam’s misogynistic comments apply to all women. 

I am not coming to this one woman’s rescue by criticizing cam’s comment.

27 minutes ago, Jason_R said:

Two wrongs don't make a right.