Motor City Sonics

Baseball Playoff Predictions

1 hour ago, Oblong said:

I hope the Yankees win game 5 but I don't see it... Kluber had his stinker.  

Why is today's game at 5:30 with no later game scheduled?  Don't get me wrong, I like that they kept it as it was originally scheduled to not inconvenience the fans who paid for tickets at the last minute.  I just assumed they would move it for TV sake once the other series finished.

The Cubs and Nationals is a series I simply don't care who wins or loses.

MLBN mentioned today's 5:30 start due to weather rolling in later.

54 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Apropos of nothing, my wife sent me a text last night that simply read Yankees suck.

You chose wisely.

30 minutes ago, Casimir said:

MLBN mentioned today's 5:30 start due to weather rolling in later.

Oh good.  I like that even better.  Showing some initiative.

Remember in the 2012 ALCS when game 4 was delayed then postponed.  It never rained.  We got down there that night, left, and had to come back the following afernoon.

Ah.... those were the days.  I knew I would regret complaining about it at the time.

I think that game in 2012 was the one where people were in their seats and had no idea what the delay was.  They showed the radar on the screen..... nothing.

I thought yesterday was a pretty special day for baseball. Games from Wrigley, Fenway and Yankee Stadium. Pitchers like Sale, Verlander, Greinke, Scherzer. Went well with my (Canadian) Thanksgiving turkey and pumpkin pie cuz I actually had a couple of hours to myself to sit back and enjoy a few innings.

yes, there is definitely quality teams/players in the postseason this year.  No teams snuck in (except the Twins, but they were quickly eradicated).

my dream scenario is playing out--if the Yankees can bludgeon the Indians tonight.

Did I happen to mention, F Cleveland?

Playoff doubleheader today, but we will see about that.  The local news predicts rain around 9pm in Cleveland.  Its supposed to be pretty wet and cool and crummy in northern Ohio all day.  Even if they tarp the infield, and despite the plumbing under the outfield turf, the outfield might be too saturated to give it a go.

I predict the ALDS game 5 to be played tomorrow at 4pm.  MLB has a time locked it for a possible NLDS game 5 at 8pm on Thursday, which they could always change.  But I think MLB will want the winner of the ALDS to be figured out earlier in the day to allow the necessary travel to be done (to Houston or to Cleveland).

I think the tricky thing about the weather in the playoffs is that they don't want to run the risk of postponing/suspending mid game.  I think that is MLB's primary driver with these weather issues.

On 10/4/2017 at 1:49 PM, Casimir said:

Got a 5 minute dissertation on why Francona's move of Bauer over Kluber in game 1 so that they make sure they can win game 5.  I think there were some other cliche details in there, but I zoned out and just nodded every once in a while.  Yeah, OK, whatever.

Its early in the game, but tomorrow could be a fantastic day at work.

15 minutes ago, Shelton said:

Casimir thread. 

Did my rule 5 flowchart come through?

Kluber out after 68 pitches.  The good thing is that he will be fresh for the Opening Day start.

But figure this out.  The Cy Young candidates, Kluber & Sale, really weren't worth a pooh this postseason.  I'm not too surprised about that knothead Sale flaming out.  But Kluber not pitching well surprises me.

25 minutes ago, Casimir said:

Vintage Cheeseburger tonight.

I guess the clock strucked midnight early today, and Sabathia's QS turned into a pumpkin.

I feel so dirty by sitting here on pins and needles hoping the Yankees pull this one out.  I'm going to need a shower afterwards.  

• Haha 1

Cram it, cleveland. All your arrogance while drilling the Tigers this year has come home to roost. Have a nice, cold winter.

now we just need Houston to take down the Yankees and we can enjoy some solace in tigertown.

Suck it, Cleveland.  Love that they lost after going up 2-0 in this series.

Now that they've done their part, time to turn on the Yanks.  Go Stros

watching cleveland lose is so sweet.

go home and embrace the most racist mascot in sports you losers.

Yes it was.... but I was disappointed with the lack of "Sad fans in the stands" shots by FS1 last night.

They blew 2 game leads in the postseason 2 years in a row.  They choked  3-1 lead in 2007, a 2-1 lead in an LDS in 2001, a 2-0 lead in an LDS in 1999.

YES!  Like others have said I feel dirty rooting for the stanks, but I did not want to see the Indians make it.  Could not watch the whole thing before sleep took me over last night, but glad to see they lost.