Motor City Sonics

Baseball Playoff Predictions

15 hours ago, theroundsquare said:

I think Arizona wins tonight.

Did they actually finish this game before curfew?  Geez, Louise, man.  

2 hours ago, Who is the Drizzle? said:

Angel Hernandez is Angel Hernandezing the Red Sox.

I'm not that mad.

He sued because he was probably going to get fired - now they can't fire him.    Horrible umpire.  Just  horrible,  Ian Kinsler was right.  

THE REDSUX GOT SMOKED AGAIN TYPICAL DUMBROWSKI GREAT IN THE REGULAR SEASON FOLD IN THE PLAYOFFS.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Scottwood said:

A lot of the top starters (Kluber, Sale, Greinke, etc.) have got shelled in their first start this postseason.

Good pitching beats good hitting every time.  

15 hours ago, Who is the Drizzle? said:

Angel Hernandez is Angel Hernandezing the Red Sox.

I'm not that mad.

I cannot believe that he's in the playoffs.

Wow, the Yankees deserve to be remove from the playoffs now.  They knocked Kluber out early and then got their bullpen a 5 run lead by mid game.  But then they missed an opportunity on a replay on that HBP (I think it was obvious enough to be overturned), left Green in when it looked like it was obvious it wasn't his night, the pinch runner picked off at 2B with none out in extras....  They had that game, and then they let Cleveland baseball their way back into it.

Just advance Cleveland on to the next round.  I can't see New York rebounding after that performance.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Casimir said:

Wow, the Yankees deserve to be remove from the playoffs now.  They knocked Kluber out early and then got their bullpen a 5 run lead by mid game.  But then they missed an opportunity on a replay on that HBP (I think it was obvious enough to be overturned), left Green in when it looked like it was obvious it wasn't his night, the pinch runner picked off at 2B with none out in extras....  They had that game, and then they let Cleveland baseball their way back into it.

Just advance Cleveland on to the next round.  I can't see New York rebounding after that performance.

Girardi's explanation about why he didn't challenge was whacked. Didn't want to break his pitcher's rhythm? The bases were now loaded if the HBP stood, it would have been a good idea anyways to walk out to the mound to settle him down/break his rhythm.

On 10/6/2017 at 6:33 PM, tiger337 said:

THE REDSUX GOT SMOKED AGAIN TYPICAL DUMBROWSKI GREAT IN THE REGULAR SEASON FOLD IN THE PLAYOFFS.

I don't "go there" for the most part but I think Dumbrowski's incompetence in failing to assemble  a complete team is the primary reason 2017 ended in ashes. To repeat, I was NEVER a DD fan. Brad was a wrong time- wrong place manager in my opinion. Unfortunate.

I absolutely love seeing the Red Sux lose! 

11 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

Here comes Verlander for first ever relief appearance. Astros up 2-1 on Boston with 1 on 1 out in 5th.

I'm not so sure about this.  Up in the series, an early one run lead, and he's due to pitch in the next game.  (I'm trying to think of this without the benefit of 20/20.)

2 hours ago, Casimir said:

I'm not so sure about this.  Up in the series, an early one run lead, and he's due to pitch in the next game.  (I'm trying to think of this without the benefit of 20/20.)

They had the luxury of Keuchel for Game 5, that makes a difference IMO. And the 2 2/3 he did end up pitching probably didn't ruin him for a Game 5 relief appearance if necessary. Having said that, I wouldn't have put him in.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lordstanley said:

They had the luxury of Keuchel for Game 5, that makes a difference IMO. And the 2 2/3 he did end up pitching probably didn't ruin him for a Game 5 relief appearance if necessary. Having said that, I wouldn't have put him in.

That's a good point that I hadn't thought about.  I don't know that my overall decision changes, but its definitely framed a bit differently in my mind.

37 minutes ago, theroundsquare said:

Now just for the Indians to lose . . .

I think game 5 is going to be very compelling baseball.  And it might take 5 hours to play 9 innings.

16 hours ago, lordstanley said:

I think this was definitely the thinking behind the move. Get some good innings out of Verlander in game 4, and probably have him ready to go for game 1 of ALCS, and use keuchel in game 5 if they happened to lose game 4. 

They probably wouldn’t have used him in game 5 after this appearance. They have devenski and Giles to combine for four innings if they need to. 

I hope the Yankees win game 5 but I don't see it... Kluber had his stinker.  

Why is today's game at 5:30 with no later game scheduled?  Don't get me wrong, I like that they kept it as it was originally scheduled to not inconvenience the fans who paid for tickets at the last minute.  I just assumed they would move it for TV sake once the other series finished.

The Cubs and Nationals is a series I simply don't care who wins or loses.

They do..... but the Indians more so.

I'm glad Girardi has egg on his face.  I hate the sense of entitlement they have along with the Red Sox.  Seeing Pedrioia complain yesterday sums it all up.  Has a Yankee or Red Sox ever been caught looking at not complain?