Motor City Sonics

Baseball Playoff Predictions

AMERICAN LEAGUE

Minnesota over New York in 1

Cleveland over Minnesota in 3
Houston over Boston in 4

Cleveland over Houston in 6  (sorry Justin)

NATIONAL LEAGUE

Arizona over Colorado in 1

Arizona over Los Angeles in 5
Washington over Chicago in 4

Washington over Arizona in 5

WORLD SERIES

Cleveland over Washington in 5 games

WORLD SERIES MVP - Jose Ramirez

I'm rooting for Houston but I too have Cleveland over Washington.  I really hope I end up being wrong though cause I don't want to see the Indians win. 

7 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

AMERICAN LEAGUE

Houston over Boston in 4

NATIONAL LEAGUE

WORLD SERIES

This is disgusting. How can you live with yourself after typing all this.........FILTH???

May Minnesota and Cleveland both lose everything forever for the rest of time.

go D Backs.

2 hours ago, thefunk said:

This is disgusting. How can you live with yourself after typing all this.........FILTH???

May Minnesota and Cleveland both lose everything forever for the rest of time.

go D Backs.

I don't hate Cleveland.  Their fans  have suffered long enough.     Besides between the pitching and lineup I think they are the most balanced and deep.

3 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

I don't hate Cleveland.  Their fans  have suffered long enough.     Besides between the pitching and lineup I think they are the most balanced and deep.

I used to despise Cleveland because of how their fans acted when they visited Tiger Stadium in the 90s. I also witnessed their behaviors in Chicago when we attended a White Sox/Indians game and it was atrocious.

I'm over it. They've been humbled. That said, their fan attendance makes me root against them in the same way I rooted against the Braves during their incredible run.

10 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

AMERICAN LEAGUE

Houston over Boston in 4

NATIONAL LEAGUE

WORLD SERIES

Cleveland over Yanks

astros over red sox

dodgers over diamondbacks

nationals over cubs

Astros over dodgers

Biff sums up my feelings about Cleveland perfectly.  I remember attending games in the 90's and having similar experiences with their fans in the bleachers.  

I distinctly remember one game where a ~14 year old Cleveland fan was just going on and on about how the Tigers sucked (like I needed to be reminded).  It finally got to the point where I turned to him and said "Hey, at least I was alive the last time my team won anything.  Check that, at least my dad was alive the last time we won the world series."  The kid's father looked at me and then at his son and nodded in acknowledgement.  Not my proudest moment, but at least I was spared from his obnoxious heckling the rest of the game.

Bottom line, I'm not sure I can handle being the team in the central with the longest world series drought and so I'll be pulling for anyone but Cleveland.   

Edited by IUTiger
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, IUTiger said:

Biff sums up my feelings about Cleveland perfectly.  I remember attending games in the 90's and having similar experiences with their fans in the bleachers.  

I remember one particularly obnoxious woman who, when we heckled back about the Roberto Alomar spitting incident, said "he can spit on me any time". It took everything for me to not say "maybe if you'd shave your moustache, he might".

I think I regret not saying it more than I would have regretted saying it. She and the group she was with were that obnoxious.

• Like 1

I have to say, I'm rooting for the Twins today. I hate the Yankees, and look forward to all the bellyaching about the Wild Card format if they lose. Overall though, I'm thinking Nationals vs Astros with Astros on top.

I suck at predictions... 

I'm hoping for Arizona and Houston but that won't happen since I said it.

I'd like to see the Dodgers and Indians lose... that's really all i care about.

Got a 5 minute dissertation on why Francona's move of Bauer over Kluber in game 1 so that they make sure they can win game 5.  I think there were some other cliche details in there, but I zoned out and just nodded every once in a while.  Yeah, OK, whatever.

176 days until Opening Day.

28 minutes ago, Casimir said:

Got a 5 minute dissertation on why Francona's move of Bauer over Kluber in game 1 so that they make sure they can win game 5.  I think there were some other cliche details in there, but I zoned out and just nodded every once in a while.  Yeah, OK, whatever.

176 days until Opening Day.

Only think I can figure is they want to go with more of a bullpen game for game 1 (and game 4) when everyone is fresh. Personally, I would have tried Carrasco for like 75 pitches game 1 and then thrown him again game 4. But I don't know injury history or anything like that.

At the end of the day, if you're not going to start anybody on short rest for game 4, it doesn't really matter. Kluber is pitching game 5 either way.

The only thing I am good at predicting is how many runs the Tigers will score for the season.  They will score zero runs in the playoffs.  Other than that, I am rooting for Houston versus Arizona because of Verlander versus Martinez.  So, I will go with that.