Sign in to follow this  
Deleterious

Michigan State vs #7 Michigan - 10/7/17

Michigan State Spartans 3-1 (1-0) vs #7 Michigan Wolverines 4-0 (1-0)

xGtnZBK.png                             nHPUn2i.png

October 7th, 2017 @ 7:30PM ET

Live from Michigan Stadium in Ann Arbor, Michigan

yP2DXBS.jpg

TV: aHprMrx.jpg

Weather: 55° with 7 MPH winds and about a 20% chance of rain at kickoff.

They hammered that down in a hurry. 2.5 points in 20 minutes.  

5Dimes LINE TOTAL
10/01/2017 
06:23:04 PM
-13.5 -110 (Open) OFF
10/01/2017 
06:33:01 PM
-12 -110 OFF
10/01/2017 
06:43:15 PM
-11 -110 OFF

12 hours ago, Deleterious said:

5Dimes LINE TOTAL
10/01/2017 
-13.5 -110 (Open) OFF
10/01/2017 
-12 -110 OFF
10/01/2017 
-11 -110 OFF

I bet light on the river in a PLO game at Aria years back with the 2nd nuts, and raked a nice pot.  The guy next to me looks at me crazy, and says, "I'd be running to the ATM to get more money to bet if I had that hand."

The line going down to 11 is the new 2nd nuts.

8 minutes ago, mickeyb105 said:

I bet light on the river in a PLO game at Aria years back with the 2nd nuts, and raked a nice pot.  The guy next to me looks at me crazy, and says, "I'd be running to the ATM to get more money to bet if I had that hand."

The line going down to 11 is the new 2nd nuts.

It's back to -14 already.

11 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

It's back to -14 already.

Lots of action on that game.

I have a feeling it is going to be a curb-stomping of 23 points or better.

19 minutes ago, mickeyb105 said:

Lots of action on that game.

I have a feeling it is going to be a curb-stomping of 23 points or better.

I'm a little shocked they are getting that much action.  O'Korn is too much of a wildcard right now for me to put money on it.

7 minutes ago, mickeyb105 said:

I may actually have to run to the ATM.

I would love to see this happen.

26 minutes ago, Who is the Drizzle? said:

it's all o'korn or all o'freshman qb.

My gut says Speight is done for the year, at a minimum.

I'm a little concerned about LJ Scott, but the UM D is going to make Lewerke look silly.  If the OL can hold up in pass protection, it could be a 2-TD game.  If not, it'll be close.

On 10/1/2017 at 7:44 PM, Deleterious said:

5Dimes LINE TOTAL
10/01/2017 
-13.5 -110 (Open) OFF
10/01/2017 
-12 -110 OFF
10/01/2017 
-11 -110 OFF

OK, some people love MSU.  Line is now Michigan -10.

Go go Mickey!

@Deleterious

so, I have a general question. I know you hate baseball. That’s fine and understandable. It’s a weird game. 

But you also seem to be disinterested in or outright dislike college basketball. Yet it seems like you like college football. The NBA is a better product that college basketball. But isn’t the NFL also a better product than college football? What is it about college football that holds your interest where college basketball doesn’t?

11 minutes ago, Shelton said:

@Deleterious

so, I have a general question. I know you hate baseball. That’s fine and understandable. It’s a weird game. 

But you also seem to be disinterested in or outright dislike college basketball. Yet it seems like you like college football. The NBA is a better product that college basketball. But isn’t the NFL also a better product than college football? What is it about college football that holds your interest where college basketball doesn’t?

Great question and I honestly don't have much of an answer.

I still watch every Lions game.  But I don't follow their draft, I don't know all of the players, I watched zero preseason games.  I just flip it on at 1 on Sunday and I'm done at 4.  I don't really watch any other NFL games.  Maybe a little of the playoffs.  

I do think the divide in quality between CFB->NFL is a lot smaller than CBB->NBA.  Maybe you disagree.  

I think the big reason I don't watch CBB.  When it's on, I can also watch a much better pro game that's on at the same time.  

1 minute ago, Deleterious said:

Great question and I honestly don't have much of an answer.

I still watch every Lions game.  But I don't follow their draft, I don't know all of the players, I watched zero preseason games.  I just flip it on at 1 on Sunday and I'm done at 4.  I don't really watch any other NFL games.  Maybe a little of the playoffs.  

I do think the divide in quality between CFB->NFL is a lot smaller than CBB->NBA.  Maybe you disagree.  

I think the big reason I don't watch CBB.  When it's on, I can also watch a much better pro game that's on at the same time.  

Cool. That does make some sense. I don’t have a strong take either way on the gap between amateur and pro in either sports. I would probably default to the gap being equivalent. Both are clearly inferior. 

Personally, I enjoy both forms. I am emotionally divested from the local pro teams. I will watch the lions when I can because it is one game a week. I will check in on the Pistons if I have free time that night. I don’t really watch much of other teams, college or pro. I follow the Michigan teams closely because I have an emotional attachment to them as an alum. But I’m not going to sit down and watch Illinois play Purdue (in either sport).

I also don’t watch Green Bay play Chicago. 

But your point about the lack of overlap between games is a good one. I will usually find some game on Saturday to put on for a few minutes between life things. Same on Sunday. But I would say I definitely prefer watching NFL game over a random NBA game. But it isn’t all that different to me. Both are usually pretty impressive displays. 

2 hours ago, LooseGoose said:

A highlight tape from the last game in Ann Arbor - ;-)

BOOOO!!!! 

3 hours ago, Deleterious said:

OK, some people love MSU.  Line is now Michigan -10.

Go go Mickey!

Dam you, Del!  

You may get me to spew on this game with that line.