Sign in to follow this  
holygoat

RIP Dave Strader

https://www.nhl.com/stars/news/dallas-stars-stars-mourn-passing-of-dave-strader/c-291498308

The Dallas Stars mourn the passing of television legend Dave Strader at the age of 62. He passed away this morning after battling cholangiocarcinoma, a form of bile duct cancer, for over a year. Strader is survived by his wife, Colleen, son Christopher and wife Karen, their daughter Sydney (granddaughter) and beloved Boston terrier Lady Stanley, son Casey and wife Dr. Mary, their son Charles (grandson), and son Trevor.

Sorry to see. Remember him teamed up with Darren Pang in the old days when ESPN covered the NHL, before Bettman killed the golden goose. Strader was a great broadcaster whose love of the game always shone through.

He was great.

He attended some sort of benefit or tribute a week or so.

I've long heard that he broadcast the '97 SCF for ESPN International but I've never been able to get hold of tapes or clips of that.

Behind Doc Emrick, Strader was my favorite hockey announcer on either NBC or ESPN. I also enjoyed him as a kid on the old PASS Sports Network teamed up with Mickey. It is a shame that hockey has lost one of its better voices much too young. RIP Dave Strader.

i grew up listening to Dave and Mickey call games on Channel 50 and PASS, and Dave was always my favorite TV sports announcer.  RIP.

i always liked strader.  thought he was a great hockey announcer.  rip.