Sign in to follow this  
Casimir

10/01/2017 3:10pm Detroit Tigers @ Minnesota Twins

See ya fella's back in the spring on Tiger game threads.  It has been fun observing games threads and chiming in here and there and getting different perspectives from my fellow Morons.  Go Lions!!!

• Like 2

Navarro flies out. To be completely forgotten until the day 33 years from now when at the last ever game at Comerica Park he is one of the honorees for making the final out in 2017 and clinching the #1 pick.

Season over. I hate all of this. While the pain of losing every day is lifted, a long, dark offseason quickly approaches. 

• Like 1

Just now, thefunk said:

Season over. I hate all of this. While the pain of losing every day is lifted, a long, dark offseason quickly approaches. 

I am ok with this. This may have been the worst tigers season I can remember. Glad it’s over, and I’m in absolutely no hurry for tigers baseball to start back up again. 

• Like 3

Starting with meh JD trade and moving forward, this has been a very productive 3+ months for Tigs future. Good show to all involved.

So, educate me. The tigers and the Giants end with the same record but the tigers are in the number one slot for the draft pick in 2018. Is there some kind of tiebreaker that earned the Tigers this reward?  I can’t remember if they played the Giants and lost the series to them or not. This season is like a childhood trauma that I’ve suppressed. 

10 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Giants had a better record than the Tigers last season.

Really? Huh.  That seems almost rational. Like somebody actually thought about it. Are you sure you’re not messing with me? 

Ian Kinsler managed the entire game for Tigers today. Umpires were advised and he was cleared to make pitching changes, etc., if necessary.

37 minutes ago, Aaron said:

It's going to be a long time before the tigers are relevant again. 

I don't think it is going to be as long as most folks think it is. We all need a serious break though. 

I believe I just lost in Fantasy Baseball because Buck Showalter inexplicably brought in Brad Brach in the 8th inning of a meaningless game and left him in to let up 5 runs.  Brad had only had 3 appearances with more than 1 run allowed all season.

I hate 2017.

6 minutes ago, Walewander said:

Nice job, everyone. I feel like we really pulled together and made it happen.

What do I do for four and a half months? 

Well, if this month has got you hooked on following losing teams with sparsely-posted game threads, welcome to the Red Wings forum. Season starts Thursday night.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IdahoBert said:

So, educate me. The tigers and the Giants end with the same record but the tigers are in the number one slot for the draft pick in 2018. Is there some kind of tiebreaker that earned the Tigers this reward?  I can’t remember if they played the Giants and lost the series to them or not. This season is like a childhood trauma that I’ve suppressed. 

They tossed the bat up in the air.  It was caught low.  Hand over hand over hand until the Tigers capped the knob.  Just like at the sandlot.

1 hour ago, Shelton said:

I am ok with this. This may have been the worst tigers season I can remember. Glad it’s over, and I’m in absolutely no hurry for tigers baseball to start back up again. 

I'm normally not ready to let the season go.  But it's time.

It wasn't a complete drag.  Seeing my kid's interest take off was great.  Explaining the Verlander trade to a crying kid sucked.  But she really asked and learned a lot, and that's fun to see.  Today they flashed Holaday's batting average of below .200, and she calmly muttered "wow, that's not good at all".

But it's time.  The Verlander trade really digs at me, too.  I'm cool with all of the other ones.  But damn, I really wanted to see him win one and play his entire career with the Tigers.