Sign in to follow this  
Casimir

10/01/2017 3:10pm Detroit Tigers @ Minnesota Twins

Live from Minneapolis, Minnesota...

5989642016.gif peii986yf4l42v3aa3hy0ovlf.gif 

Detroit Tigers (64-97) @ Minnesota Twins (84-77)

TV on FSD.  Radio on 97.1 the Ticket and your At Bat app.  Freebie on MLB.TV.

20 minutes ago, Biff Mayhem said:

It's October 30 already?

That's it, I quit.  No more game threads from me this season.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Casimir said:

That's it, I quit.  No more game threads from me this season.

It's about time you acknowledged your limitations.

17 minutes ago, LooseGoose said:

It's about time you acknowledged your limitations.

I'd tweet them, but character limitations. 

3 hours ago, sabretooth said:

A merciful end to a horrible season.  I still enjoy watching but eesch.

Going out with a bang.  Sanchie vs Colon.  One for the ages.

Well I'm glad that they finally sat Cabrera for the rest of the year.

Alright guys... A Giants win and a Tigers loss still gets us the first pick. Tigers win and a Phillies loss gets us the third pick. All other results get us the us the second pic.

Added drama? SF and SD also start at 3 EST. 

You know what to do. Get those Tiger hats off your unmade bed, put them on inside out, and pray to the daughters of Flip Saunders. 

There is no way baseball doesn’t make me sad this October.

The Cubs, Nationals, Dodgers I don’t like for general purposes.  The Rockies are fine, but I have personal reasons for hoping their fans are very sad.

that makes the Diamondbacks my pick because of JD, but as much as I like him it would be so sad to see “A tiger” get it done with a different team.  

I don’t need to explain my hatred for the Twins, Indians, Yankees or Boston.

Houston is the same as AZ but for Verlander.

Therefore, even though it’s gonna hurts like a MF’er, I hope JV dominates and cruises for his ring. He deserves it.  Sorry it couldn’t happen here.

I can’t really find anything to feel good about regarding this season. I don’t like living for the future, I’m not very good at divided loyalties when it comes to caring about other teams, and it’s hard to get philosophical about things and see a sliver lining. This season was a disaster. Our team is a shadow of what it once was, and a better future is a long way off. Maybe chilling for a few months will help. 

I'm cautiously and realistically optimistic going forward. It's great to win but I have to say that if we were to actually figure out a way to do with a group of starters that came through the system together, it would be really cool and it would mean more to me than stars and scrubs. I think the team is on the right track, but obviously they need some things to go right as far as picks and development for a couple of years here. If it turns out that it's the same old Tigers minor league system, then it's obviously going to be really ugly for quite a while. 

I will say this. With he way the ball jumps off the bat in the majors, it's probably time to realize that hitting .275 with 15 home runs and a controllable number of strikeouts in AAA or even AA might translate to a servicable starter sooner rather than later. 

1 hour ago, Walewander said:

It's great to win but I have to say that if we were to actually figure out a way to do with a group of starters that came through the system together, it would be really cool and it would mean more to me than stars and scrubs.

I agree, but I have been waiting 30 years for that.  

• Like 1

Glad this abysmal season Is mercifully coming to a close.  Most depressing because almost all of us would have bet money that we would be in the WC hunt like last year.

at least next yesr the only possibility is mild surprise

I'll root for the Astros this post-season, but if the Indians make it to the WS I'll root for them, just so we can hopefully eliminate them as a topic of conversation .. much like the Cubs last year.

2 hours ago, IdahoBert said:

I can’t really find anything to feel good about regarding this season. I don’t like living for the future, I’m not very good at divided loyalties when it comes to caring about other teams, and it’s hard to get philosophical about things and see a sliver lining. This season was a disaster. Our team is a shadow of what it once was, and a better future is a long way off. Maybe chilling for a few months will help. 

I think I'm going to crochet myself a nice turtleneck sweater whilst watching the playoffs.

A tie ballgame heading into the bottom half of the 8th in San Francisco.

I don't why all of the sad faces around here.  We've got October baseball and scoreboard watching going on.  Relevance all around.

• Like 1