Sign in to follow this  
Biff Mayhem

Season is effectively over. Might as well enjoy these.

Ahhhhh...the famous Rozema  karate kick. I always thought it was a rumor that he used a brillo pad on a brand new car. I guess it's true.

The infamous karate kick wasn’t the only goofy episode of Rozema’s career. The pitcher once playfully shoved a drinking glass in the face of teammate Alan Trammell, a stunt that caused Trammell to have 47 stitches near his eye. Once, Gibson shoved Rozema off his stool in the Tiger clubhouse. Unfortunately, Rozema had a bottle of cough syrup in his back pocket, and after landing on it, had to have stitches in his posterior. Rozema remains the butt of jokes for some of the (supposed) airhead moves he made as a young Tiger farmhand, including washing his new car with brillo pads.

https://www.detroitathletic.com/blog/2011/09/13/dave-rozema-ranks-as-one-of-the-tigers-biggest-flakes/

1 hour ago, Sports_Freak said:

Rozema remains the butt of jokes for some of the (supposed) airhead moves he made as a young Tiger farmhand, including washing his new car with brillo pads.

The pride of West Michigan. 

People forget how good Rozema was as a very young kid in MLB....

Age 20    15-7  3.09ERA   16CG  218IP  5.7WAR

21      9-12 3.14ERA    11CG  209IP  4.1WAR

Never the same pitcher after that......might have been all those innings on a young arm.

I remember thinking that Fidrych, Rozema and Fernando Arroyo were going to be the big three for years to come.