Brian

So it seems Victor Martinez had locker room issues

I remember back during one of the seasons Victor was hurt some people tried blaming the Tigers struggles on Victor's leadership not being there.  Good times. 

The first rule of management, with respect to management is, "It's all your fault". It was poor management to resign Victor. It would be poor management to keep him.

If medical staff does not clear him to play, I am assuming that there is an insurance policy in place to cover that. Either way, his 18 million is an unproductive sunk cost. Good management would dictate he would not play in 2018.

What good is he for 2018? It is time to close the book on VMart. I don't see what he contributes in 2018.

I am pretty sure he won't be playing for the tigers next year.  Between his health, his lack of skills his attitude problem, the need to leave the DH spot open for Cabrera and the new direction of the organization, there is absolutely no place for him on the team.  

I had read that the Tigers did not insurance his contract.  Probably would have been too much money at the time given his age and injury history.

On 9/28/2017 at 10:53 PM, RandyMarsh said:

I remember back during one of the seasons Victor was hurt some people tried blaming the Tigers struggles on Victor's leadership not being there.  Good times. 

People change, circumstances change, assuming stasis would be wrong.