Sign in to follow this  
Casimir

09/24/2017 1:10pm Minnesota Twins @ Detroit Tigers

What's the more fruitless venture today?  My father-in-law watching the Browns or myself watching the Tigers?

1 minute ago, Casimir said:

What's the more fruitless venture today?  My father-in-law watching the Browns or myself watching the Tigers?

I'm watching the Tigers and Lions at the same time. 

I should add that I am multitasking.  Doing some chores around the house, babysitting my kids and father-in-law whilst the women folk are at a show.  The yard was mowed yesterday.  I did 18 miles on the bicycle earlier.  Its too darn hot out to be outside.  So I can be lazy for a while and watch a bit of something.

1 minute ago, Keepleyland2 said:

I'm watching the Tigers and Lions at the same time. 

Man, I can't do that.  I have to stay on one at a time.  

And I don't watch the NFL much anymore.  I'll watch college.  I s'pose that's contradictory.  But I just don't get into the NFL like I used to.  I watched a quarter of the first Browns game this season, and that was more curiousity of the local kid as starting QB.  He's been seen around wearing a Mud Hens hat.  Gotta pull for him.

3 minutes ago, Casimir said:

I should add that I am multitasking.  Doing some chores around the house, babysitting my kids and father-in-law whilst the women folk are at a show.  The yard was mowed yesterday.  I did 18 miles on the bicycle earlier.  Its too darn hot out to be outside.  So I can be lazy for a while and watch a bit of something.

i'm thinking since it's 92 there's probably nobody as dumb as me on the course and i could get a really fast 18 in.

And I'm with Rod Allen on this one:  Its tough to get into football when baseball is still going on.  

1 minute ago, Who is the Drizzle? said:

i'm thinking since it's 92 there's probably nobody as dumb as me on the course and i could get a really fast 18 in.

Who is the only dumb golfer on the course?  I bet you could change your screen name.

So when the score got into double digits again today I thought to myself, "surely September 2017 is way worse than any 2003 month". Then I looked up 2003 month by month records. Nope.

1 hour ago, Who is the Drizzle? said:

in an obvious move, safety netting will be extended at comerica next season:

With this pitching staff, they may want to protect the fans beyond the outfield fence.

• Like 5

From what I have read, doctors tend to give athletes a four to six month period of recovery from herniated discs. I really hope that the club goes that route - ideally, closer to six. I'd like Miguel to be ready for opening day but more so than that I want him to be as healthy as possible for the rest of his career. It really seems like it's time for him to move to DH for at least half of his playing time, with the other half of the year's DH starts used to keep people fresh. Who plays first base when Miggy's out? A ragtag combination of John Hicks and power-hitting slugger Andrew Romine.  

Any predictions for the rest of Miggy's career? I can't see him making it all the way through 2025, so let's say through 2023? 

I think we'll see a pretty good bounce back over the next couple years and then some tapering off, probably with some more lingering injuries. 

I think he finishes with between 600-625 home runs with a batting average just south of .300 and between 3100-3300 hits. 

I have no basis for this.

4 hours ago, Who is the Drizzle? said:

in an obvious move, safety netting will be extended at comerica next season:

Wonder if the Tigers could put up a retractable net in the outfield to protect the fans when the bullpen comes in.