LooseGoose

2018 Spring Training Thread

3/5/2018 in Clearwater looks like the ticket against the Phillies.  That is super close to the hotel we always stay at.  I may start looking at tickets for that game.  I am hopeful we can make it down for ST next year.

I just started looking at prices etc.  This may or may not be the place for this, but this happened to us the last time we traveled.  We use Expedia and when you book a flight with hotel together you are supposed to get a discount.....I have called multiple hotels directly and they do not care if you have kids in your room or not...ie you do NOT need to say 2 adults 3 kids...that is basically used for disaster type scenarios where they need to know how many people are in a room etc.  I have called and said I wanted to book a res for myself, but my wife and 3 kids were coming later and they said 'no big deal' book it for yourself and when your wife and kids get here they just go on up.'

When you book with Expedia you have to buy seats for the kids so you have to put in that you are travelling with 2 adults and 3 kids etc...., but you do not get to go in and change that for the hotel portion...so if you book the flight separate because you have to buy tickets for the kids and then book the hotel separate in your name only you save a LOT of money...weekend trip through expedia with the same flight and same hotel, same dates etc....3448.70...doing it separately 3090.00.

Again I have verified this info with the hotels directly.  I give them a scenario of me checking in minutes before my wife and kids get there and then having them in the same room...they do not care as long as the room is big enough for all of you of course. 

I thought it was against MTS protocol to have a Spring Training thread before a Post Season thread was created?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, John_Brian_K said:

3/5/2018 in Clearwater looks like the ticket against the Phillies.  That is super close to the hotel we always stay at.  I may start looking at tickets for that game.  I am hopeful we can make it down for ST next year.

Only been to one game in Clearwater but I was impressed with the facility there.

5 minutes ago, mickeyb105 said:

Only been to one game in Clearwater but I was impressed with the facility there.

We drive right by it every year when we make the trek from Clearwater to Lakeland and always thought...'why not just get tickets to a game here?...it would save us like 3 hours of driving'...so the next time we go it will be to that field.  Pretty sure we are making it this year though...

• Like 1

Thread mislabeled, misleading, out of order, silliness abounds.

delete this trash and in the appropriate amount of time we will weep and gnash our teeth in the offseason thread.

Good golly.

Sorry to offend some....but Avila is already dishing out Spring Training level quotes...

Miguel Cabrera could be 'stronger than ever' in 2018, Tigers say

"Right now, in talking to him, he is probably going to be stronger than ever," Avila said. "You know how during the season he lost all that weight? He also lost strength. So he was weak in certain areas. 

"That's what he's doing now. He got the weight off, but now he's strengthening those muscles around the core that give him that support."

We  haven't even stepped into winter yet.............I can't get into this now.     I am just focusing on my 2023 Tigers in Out Of The Park Baseball.   I won the 2021 and 2022 World Series over the Phillies and Nationals.     Miggy's still going strong -- as a DH.    That's what gets  me through a bleak winter. 

• Like 1

I don't want to put pressure on the guys, but February 22 is a must win.

If Miggy hits a warning track fly ball in his single AB and Nick hits a sharp liner to the left fielder in his, it is going to be a long season. Of 

Of course, if we pummel Florida Southern, than I'm just going to go ahead and wait for my wild card ticket. 

On 11/15/2017 at 9:40 PM, Keepleyland2 said:

so is March 29

Yes it is.  The early openers will probably become common because they are scheduling more days off during the regular season.