John_Brian_K

Pregame: Lions -v- Falcons Sunday 1:00pm on Fox

I am honestly not sure what I would do if they went to the Super Bowl....my first instinct would be to host a party, but that would suck because the kids would get in the way and it would be hard to get anyone over the house unless a bunch of people did not have concrete plans.  The biggest group of football fans I know are the ones in my FFL league so I would most likely go over to the guys house who hosts the draft every year and watch in his barn, shoot guns (he lives on a large plot with no real neighbors), have a giant fire and get blasted and maybe play some cards or something.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sagnam said:

I know this is off topic, but Jarrad Davis and Tavon Wilson are both out Sunday.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/09/22/lions-rule-jarrad-davis-and-tavon-wilson-out-for-falcons-game/

I wonder if Beckham will get suspended for the illegal hit on Davis? Imagine if the shoe were on the other foot.

2 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

I wonder if Beckham will get suspended for the illegal hit on Davis? Imagine if the shoe were on the other foot.

That wasn’t suspension worthy regardless of who did it and who it affected. 

20 minutes ago, Shelton said:

That wasn’t suspension worthy regardless of who did it and who it affected. 

The only unflagged shove in the back I remember was on the punt return. A frustrated Giant shoved a Lion near the goal line as Agnew was crossing it for a TD. I'm sure they showed the Beckham illegal block on Davis but I don't remember how blatant it was. How many cheap shots did the Giants do that weren't flagged? Like I said, if the shoe was on the other foot, it would all over ESPN. 

13 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

The only unflagged shove in the back I remember was on the punt return. A frustrated Giant shoved a Lion near the goal line as Agnew was crossing it for a TD. I'm sure they showed the Beckham illegal block on Davis but I don't remember how blatant it was. How many cheap shots did the Giants do that weren't flagged? Like I said, if the shoe was on the other foot, it would all over ESPN. 

Missed calls happen all the time. Just because a guy ended up hurt doesn’t make it a dirty play. 

11 minutes ago, Shelton said:

Missed calls happen all the time. Just because a guy ended up hurt doesn’t make it a dirty play. 

A shove in the back, sending him into a collision with another player? I guess we have different definitions of a clean hit.

Agree, if Davis had blocked OBJ in the back leading to a concussion there would be a lot more media coverage of a “dirty” hit. And I suspect the officiating team would have huddled up and figured out who saw what to throw a flag.

Agree with Shelton that it wasn’t really what I’d call a dirty hit - just a diva WR not knowing what the **** he’s doing.

I think they are right that if the roles were reversed there would be more talk about it, but that's only because OBJ is a star player and his injury would get a lot of attention. Nothing to do with the Lions

Reeves-Maybin I think was a great Under The Radar pick and he'll get his chance to prove that Sunday. 

Not getting carried away with this team right now but if Quinn has another solid draft or two, they could be really really good in 2 years....like Super Bowl contender good. 

• Like 1

I think they are right that if the roles were reversed there would be more talk about it, but that's only because OBJ is a star player and his injury would get a lot of attention. Nothing to do with the Lions

Partly OBJ’s star status and partly NY being a media capital and population center - which usually means the Giants get much more coverage than they would get if they were in, say, Detroit.