Brian

If not Ausmus then who?

1 hour ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

He had, shall we say, creative dentistry.

Along a similar vein, I was once in Japan with a buddy, and he claimed there was a woman he saw who had a set of horizontal teeth.

The Japanese women are famous for their snaggleteeth. My wife finds it endearing.

1 hour ago, Oblong said:

At game 1 of teh 2006 World Series, when Seger was out doing the anthem my friend says 'Man, you could butter your toast with those choppers'

Those-are-some-chompers.jpg

Davey Martinez and Ron Gardenhire are two more candidates in the Detroit Tigers’ expansive managerial search. 

The Tigers are said to be down to 10 (all have interviewed) after starting with a lengthy list of 50. Martinez, the right-hand man of Joe Maddon, has long deserved a chance, and it seems odd he hasn’t had one yet.

Heyman

On 10/16/2017 at 10:35 PM, Motor City Sonics said:

I am guessing we'll know the next Tiger manager by Thursday this week.  

I told you.............I knew they wanted to hire someone before this coming weekend.   

Not the exciting choice. Gardy is a pro. Can take a beating. Feels more like a transitional guy, likely out when the Tigers are good again. But hey, maybe he's our Hurdle and sticks around for a while. 

I think after doubling down on Ausmus -- who by all accounts gave a great interview here and in Boston -- there was little chance that AA could or would bring in a Kapler or Cora. If it wasn't Gardy, it would have been Redmond or Freddi. 

Not my first choice but I don't hate it.  If we were planning on competing I'd be against it but for the time being he could be beneficial to our young players seeing how he has alot of experience and is pretty even keeled.   

My main issue is that he just has such a punchable face to me so I'm not looking forward to having to see it for a 162 games a year.

Experience was the most important thing to Al Al - can't argue with this

Whomever the next Tiger manager is they are basically a folded up newspaper that you put under a table leg to keep it from wobbling. 

2 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Not my first choice but I don't hate it.  If we were planning on competing I'd be against it but for the time being he could be beneficial to our young players seeing how he has alot of experience and is pretty even keeled.   

My main issue is that he just has such a punchable face to me so I'm not looking forward to having to see it for a 162 games a year.

Always used to get his baseball card and Rafael Landestoy.

I feel like I should have a stronger opinion on Gardenhire since he was with the Twins so long, but it was way back in 2010 when he last managed a good team.

I don't think this moves the needle much as far as the direction of the organization goes, which is a bit disappointing. But it also doesn't guarantee they stagnate--it's only a manager after all.

I do think experience is a good thing for a team that's going to be bad. It's important to set an environment where players want to come to the park each day and improve. As long as he doesn't pull a Leyland and quit. And we'll see what coaches he brings in. Maybe they can figure out the bullpen!