Sign in to follow this  
Deleterious

#8 Michigan vs. Purdue - 9/23/17

1 minute ago, pyrotigers said:

I think Buddha was right, this team's strength on offense is big bodied receivers/tight ends running across the middle of the field on linebackers/safeties. Having a QB who can move around and give them time is pretty much a necessity with this o-line.

Especially with Black and Crawford both out, there's not a lot going on outside at this point.

speight has the bigger arm, but we don't have any downfield threats yet this season. so i think accuracy and a bit of mobility is a far better fit. o'korn should have many funs with the tight ends running amok with their crossing and out routes.

bad news for crawford.  that sucks if true.

good thing michigan  has a whole stable of tight ends who can actually catch.

1 minute ago, Buddha said:

bad news for crawford.  that sucks if true.

good thing michigan  has a whole stable of tight ends who can actually catch.

DPJ fly route every play, Perry in slot, every other receiver is a tight end

9 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

And incidentally, Michigan's strength of schedule be damned, I'm cheering for Penn St. and MSU losses tonight.

Obviously. 

PSU...would you think one-dimension offense would work against Don Brown and his gang of renown? 

Trainer pulled on crawfords toe to stretch his leg. That is a big no no for an Achilles. It's a cramp. 

crawford doesnt have an achilles, i dont think.

harbaugh cant bring speight back, can he?

2 hours ago, Deleterious said:

The way the hit looked I would guess it's a neck muscle

Okay, it's not just O'Korn's mobility or his accuracy,  a QB needs to have swagger and Wilton does not have that.   Wilton look uncomfortable - which is understandable given that his receivers struggle to get open and his line gives him little time, but the entire offense responds to the way the QB, the leader, takes charge.  Wilton got hurt last year and he's not the same guy mentally - he seems kind of squirmy.    O'Korn has swagger - he has confidence and the offense started playing that way once he settled in.  

But I wonder - If Speight had continued to struggle and get no touchdowns would Harbaugh have had the gumption to put in O'Korn.   I am thinking no and I really do wonder if Wilton is healthy in 2 weeks will Harbaugh start him and decide to bring in O'Korn for certain series'.    I don't think he should - the whole offense responded to O'Korn today.   Let him have the job until he shows he can't handle it.    But I think once you do give O'Korn the job he won't be so wound up when he first comes into the game - he can relax, it's his gig and just play.   

It was like Night & Day out there today.   I don't know how you turn back now.   

1 hour ago, Buddha said:

crawford doesnt have an achilles, i dont think.

harbaugh cant bring speight back, can he?

Sure he can.

O'Korn was better and I think should start.  But he wasn't nearly good enough to lock up the job with no debate assuming Speight is healthy in two weeks.  

3 minutes ago, ROMAD1 said:

Iowa didn't get it done.  

Until the winning TD on the last play of the game, Penn St only had 15 points despite 572 total yards. That's an amazing stat.

1 minute ago, lordstanley said:

Until the winning TD on the last play of the game, Penn St only had 15 points despite 572 total yards. That's an amazing stat.

Their RB is gonna need a day off. 

IDK, I think O'Korn is basically the guy now. I also assume Speight could be out awhile anyway.

I think their base O will resemble similar play calls and formations that New England used when they had Gronk and Hernandez and all their slot receivers. 

11 hours ago, Deleterious said:

Sure he can.

O'Korn was better and I think should start.  But he wasn't nearly good enough to lock up the job with no debate assuming Speight is healthy in two weeks.  

anytime you have 2 qbs, 1 game isn't going to be the end of discussion. so speight is still in play down the road if healthy, for sure.

but if o'korn plays like this every start, he's the guy. hopefully that's the case.

13 hours ago, thefunk said:

Trainer pulled on crawfords toe to stretch his leg. That is a big no no for an Achilles. It's a cramp. 

yeah, i actually saw a gif where you could see a huge *** cramp in his calf. he was walking very weirdly on the sidelines, but that was probably cuz it hurt like a sunuvabitch.