Sign in to follow this  
Deleterious

#8 Michigan vs. Purdue - 9/23/17

#8 Michigan Wolverines 3-0 (0-0) vs. Purdue Boilermakers 2-1 (0-0)

nHPUn2i.png    uycaoEX.png

September 23rd, 2017 @ 4PM ET

Live from Ross-Ade Stadium in West Lafayette, Indiana

khn8LXc.jpg

TV: MvNKmAE.png

Weather: Sunny and 88° with 3 MPH winds.  No chance of rain.

Michigan QB recruit Joe Milton must have talked to Black personally right after the game--he knew right away.

Purdue hasn't faced a real defense all year, and Michigan hasn't faced a real offense.

DPJ will step up into Black's spot this week, Martin and Collins are fighting it out for the right to crack the rotation.  Martin is an Avant clone, Collins is a skinny Funchess.

I love Michigan's chances, and I just need a "Book It" from Biggs to ice this thing.

1 hour ago, mickeyb105 said:

Purdue hasn't faced a real defense all year, and Michigan hasn't faced a real offense.

DPJ will step up into Black's spot this week, Martin and Collins are fighting it out for the right to crack the rotation.  Martin is an Avant clone, Collins is a skinny Funchess.

I love Michigan's chances, and I just need a "Book It" from Biggs to ice this thing.

Michigan won't face a real offense until they travel to Happy Valley.

michigan scores on defense and/or special teams.  michigan's offense breaks out the tight ends and gets some big plays.  speight gives one back.  michigan grounds out a good road win.

michigan 31-23

If Michigan can establish the run early, it will be a very long day for Purdue.  If the Michigan CBs can consistently jam at the LOS, the defense will rule the day.  Can't let their passing game get in rhythm because the pass rush has been neutralized by quick slants and rubs/pick plays  An ideal early test for a team with B1G title aspirations.

Michigan has the huge team speed advantage on both sides of the ball, but Purdue will run gadget plays to keep the Michigan defense honest.  JH says Isaac is healthy, but is he really?  He'll be good for a home run today if he is.  If not, Higdon pounds the ball between the tackles with Evans sprinkled in.

Will we see the TE get more involved today?  With no Black today, it is a safe bet.  We all want to see DPJ light up these  peasants, but JH may take his time dialing that number.