John_Brian_K

MNF Lions @ Giants 8:30pm on ESPN

31 minutes ago, Shelton said:

Sports_Freak thread

It's all good. I don't really care. 73.2% of all internet stats are all made up anyway. The other 19% are correct. 😁

I was reading this ESPN insider piece today where they talk to NFL evaluators about this weeks games, of course most picked the Falcons to win but what I found interesting was one of them said something along the lines of "That Detroit front seven is really really good, I'd put them in the Top 5 in the entire league."  I found that crazy that an NFL evaluator would think that highly of them.

That’s interesting. They have looked outstanding so far, 4th in the league in rushing defense (behind Ndomakung Suh’s second ranked Miami Dolphins, among others), which is giving them lots of cracks at the QB. If they can keep it up against Atlanta, I’ll buy the hype. Either way, Kris Kocurek is a stud.

That just shows that NFL talent evaluators can be idiots too

The Lions have played well so far, but it's a front 7 involving Tahir Whitehead, a linebacker who was just benched in the middle of the game last week, and a bunch of journeymen D-Linemen.

I think a lot of front 7s will look like top 5 units in the league against the Giants O-line

10 hours ago, sagnam said:

Eli Manning and Carson palmer are bad QBs.

The Cardinals did have a defensive TD.  They also continued to play a guy with a dislocated wrist who promptly fumbled deep in their territory.  That why I mentioned both.

He dislocated the wrist on the fumble...

1 minute ago, T&P_Fan said:

He dislocated the wrist on the fumble...

I think he dislocated his wrist on the huge hit he took on the previous drive.

1 minute ago, sagnam said:

I think he dislocated his wrist on the huge hit he took on the previous drive.

He didn't.  He hurt his ab area previously.  Wrist was on the fumble.  

3 minutes ago, T&P_Fan said:

He didn't.  He hurt his ab area previously.  Wrist was on the fumble.  

Awfully confident for being flat out wrong.

http://www.azcardinals.com/news-and-events/article-2/David-Johnson-Sidelined-After-Serious-Wrist-Injury/106d48ba-067b-47e4-a021-fb8f41cf6f4d

Initially, Johnson thought he had only sprained his wrist. Late in the third quarter of the season opener, he was wedged between three Detroit defenders after making a 24-yard catch at the Lions’ three-yard line. Johnson’s wrist was hit by the helmet of safety Glover Quin.

“Didn’t really feel it just because that same play I got the wind knocked out of me, so I was really actually focusing more on trying to catch my breath,” Johnson said. “When I did feel it, it just felt like it was more a sprain and I could be able to tape it up more and be able to play more.”

Johnson did play more. After a brief trip to the sidelines, Johnson returned on the Cardinals’ next possession, one that ended with him fumbling. It was then that Johnson knew something was wrong.

“I actually didn’t feel the football as much,” he said, revisiting the play. “I didn’t feel like I was holding the football as strong as I normally do, so I think that’s when I realized that something’s not right.”

Read what you just posted.  The actual dislocation didn't happen til the fumble, which you claimed was incorrect.  He was worried about catching his breath prior and noticed his wrist was hurt.  He further injured the wrist on the fumble. 

4 minutes ago, T&P_Fan said:

Read what you just posted.  The actual dislocation didn't happen til the fumble, which you claimed was incorrect.  He was worried about catching his breath prior and noticed his wrist was hurt.  He further injured the wrist on the fumble. 

I don't know what to say.  Seems like the quote is pretty clear.  You've obviously dug in on a position and not even a direct quote is going to be able to convince you.

53 minutes ago, sagnam said:

I don't know what to say.  Seems like the quote is pretty clear.  You've obviously dug in on a position and not even a direct quote is going to be able to convince you.

It's not a direct quote.  No where does your quote state he dislocated his wrist on the first hit. 

I don't doubt he hurt his wrist initially. But dislocated...no

The Rams Aaron Donald led defense has given up 39 points to Brian Hoyer.  That's why you don't pay defensive tackles.  

• Like 1