John_Brian_K

MNF Lions @ Giants 8:30pm on ESPN

The Giants offense is about as one dimensional as it gets with OBJ. Brandon Marshall is old and declining, Evan Engram is a rookie and their running game is as existent as ours is (not very). They also have an atrocious offensive line with Ereck Flowers manning the left tackle position. OBJ is a talented enough player to make or break the entire game for the Giants and they'll need him given that they have no other options.

For us, it depends on which offense decides to show up, 1st half or 2nd half versus the Cardinals? Outside of the match-up problems created by OBJ, I think our defense can hold their own as they did in the Arizona game given how awful the Giants offense is. If OBJ doesn't play in this game and we still find a way to lose, that's a bad sign of things to come in my opinion, especially if the Giants offense is finding the redzone.

• Like 1

If OBJ doesn’t play (or is severely limited): Lions 13, Giants 12

If OBJ does play (and is at 80%): Lions 13, Giants 14

20 minutes ago, Jason_R said:

If OBJ doesn’t play (or is severely limited): Lions 13, Giants 12

If OBJ does play (and is at 80%): Lions 13, Giants 14

obj gets the two point conversion?

Just now, lordstanley said:

Which announcing crew do we get to enjoy?

are they splitting them up?  its always tirico and gruden other than the second mnf game the first week, isnt it?

this is a big game for the lions.  a win here sets them up for the next few brutal weeks.  a loss and they might be looking at 2-6.

with bradford out, the bears already decimated by injury on an already bad team, and the packers starting a makeshift oline, the lions are in good position within the division.

Just now, Buddha said:

are they splitting them up?  its always tirico and gruden other than the second mnf game the first week, isnt it?

Yeah, I'm 99% sure it will be Tirico and Gruden, but was wondering if ESPN would double down on last week's fiasco and bring back the dream team of Sergio Dipp, the female PBP and Rex Ryan.

1 hour ago, Buddha said:

Tirico works for NBC now, does Notre Dame football etc.  It's now Sean McDonough (who is very good) and Gruden (not so much).

Absolutely no idea about this game whatsoever. Wouldn't surprise me if the Giants won. Wouldn't surprise me if the Lions won

I'm a Lion diehard but I have a hard time taking them tonight. Last week saw mistakes in ST, a horrible 1st quarter/half by the offense and issues running the ball. I guess we'll see if any of the issues were worked out or not. Until at least 2 of those issues are answered, I'll have to take the Giants at home. I hope I'm wrong, but I see a boring Monday Night game.

Giants 27

Lions 10

0-5 last 5 seasons in the 2nd game of the season. Hmmmm.....

I know that was the right call, but man, it would be nice if we could get a 'not enough evidence' on a really close call that actually benefits the Lions for a change

1 minute ago, pyrotigers said:

I know that was the right call, but man, it would be nice if we could get a 'not enough evidence' on a really close call that actually benefits the Lions for a change

That's what ESPN's rules expert said...took about 7 seconds to overturn the call. 

Agreed. You know on a judgement call like that the Giants are going to get the benefit of the doubt over the Lions.

Greg Robinson got owned on the last two plays of the Lions’ drive.

Edit: Then Robinson whiffed on a block on a toss to the left.

Edit 2: Then got called for a hold on the next play.